Tri Rail from PBI

Herbaltees

Has anyone ever used the tri rail from west palm beach (PBI) to the terminal at Miami?

terminal meaning POM? Tri Rail doesn't get you there. Gets you to the airport. From there you'll need to catch the metro rail to the Overton Arena and then take a taxi down NW 6th Ave/Port Blvd to the port.

Depends on when you get here. Sometime after April, Tri-Rail will take you directly into Miami Airport. If the new station isn't ready, you will have to take a bus into the Airport. Also sometime in April, the new Orange Metro Rail line will open, taking you directly to Government Center Station from the airport. From Government Center, it would probably be best to taxi the rest of the way in ($10-$12)

The other options would be to taxi from the Tri-Rail station directly to the port, or Taxi from Miami Airport would be cheaper.

Yogi

Thank you both. This helps alot. We are exploring options for flights and wondered if PBI airport would be an option.

My guess is if we take the Tri Rail to MIA airport, we could get the shuttle to the ship from there or just take a taxi.

Tri-rail is a commuter rail, not luggage friendly and not known for being on time...and trains often get cancelled....blue herons is correct..allow at least 3 hours.

while it can save you money, having done Tri Rail to the airports, it is more of a pain in the bottom.....

while PBI is a great airport..not crowded, and often decent fares, IMO what you'll save flying there will be eaten up-not so much as monetarily but in frustration and fatigue....

Wait, are you flying into PBI the day of your cruise and planning to use Tri-Rail to get to POM? :confused: This is a recipe for disaster! :eek:

The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early. What if your flight is delayed due to weather, crew, or mechanical issues? What if you are bumped to a later flight? :confused:

Landing at PBI late and needing to be at POM by 3:00 PM or earlier without a transportation plan beyond Tri-Rail is a good way to find out how good your trip insurance company is. :(

Good luck! :)

Wait, are you flying into PBI the day of your cruise and planning to use Tri-Rail to get to POM? :confused: This is a recipe for disaster! :eek:

The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early. What if your flight is delayed due to weather, crew, or mechanical issues? What if you are bumped to a later flight? :confused:

Landing at PBI late and needing to be at POM by 3:00 PM or earlier without a transportation plan beyond Tri-Rail is a good way to find out how good your trip insurance company is. :(

Good luck! :)

OH NOES!! do NOT NOT NOT try this on the day of the cruise..please.........that would NOT be a good thing........

I am probably the only person here that has ever regularly taken the Trirail and not had one problem with it being late, etc. My thoughts:

1. You can't take it to the cruise port. You'd have to take a taxi from the where you get off to the port.

2. I would only take it directly to the airport at any time..it's not real luggage friendly, if you dont get a seat on the downstairs part you have to schlepp upstairs with your luggage. To go right to the airport and not have to mess with a taxi to anywhere else, it's a bargain. The Trirail authority and the local counties really have big ad campaigns about the ease of using it to the airport and they are not kidding.

3. The weekend schedule is more sparse than the weekday schedule...but again, I've never had an issue with it being late or canceled. A friend was on one that got "canceled" but that's because there was an accident on the rail with a car in an intersection. They did bus everyone to a trirail stop past the accident where that portion of the rail is closed.

4. With the cost of gas, it's becoming more and more popular to use the Trirail..it is safe, cheap, and convenient..if you are a commuter, that is, or local resident. It is easy to use, but again..not real luggage friendly and nobody there is going to help you.

5. LIke the other guy said, better to fly in a day in advance

6. During weekdays, especially during commuter hours, it can be very crowded and you may have to stand.

There is a shuttle bus right outside the luggage terminal on the curb. Not sure of the schedule, check the trirail website.

How easy is it toget from PBI to the Tri-Rail station?

I am probably the only person here that has ever regularly taken the Trirail and not had one problem with it being late, etc. My thoughts:

1. You can't take it to the cruise port. You'd have to take a taxi from the where you get off to the port.

2. I would only take it directly to the airport at any time..it's not real luggage friendly, if you dont get a seat on the downstairs part you have to schlepp upstairs with your luggage. To go right to the airport and not have to mess with a taxi to anywhere else, it's a bargain. The Trirail authority and the local counties really have big ad campaigns about the ease of using it to the airport and they are not kidding.

3. The weekend schedule is more sparse than the weekday schedule...but again, I've never had an issue with it being late or canceled. A friend was on one that got "canceled" but that's because there was an accident on the rail with a car in an intersection. They did bus everyone to a trirail stop past the accident where that portion of the rail is closed.

4. With the cost of gas, it's becoming more and more popular to use the Trirail..it is safe, cheap, and convenient..if you are a commuter, that is, or local resident. It is easy to use, but again..not real luggage friendly and nobody there is going to help you.

5. LIke the other guy said, better to fly in a day in advance

6. During weekdays, especially during commuter hours, it can be very crowded and you may have to stand.

Like you I have taken the train with out any problems, will do so again in April 12.

Archived