Luggage Tags...do not say VIP???

cosmo cruiser

I just printed our luggage tags for our cruise that sails on Saturday and I noticed they do not say VIP this time? We are Platinum and have been for our last 6 cruises and I thought the tags were stamped VIP in the past? Maybe it has changed or mine are goofed up this time? Not a big deal I just wondered if anyone knew of a change? Thanks

I just printed our luggage tags for our cruise that sails on Saturday and I noticed they do not say VIP this time? We are Platinum and have been for our last 6 cruises and I thought the tags were stamped VIP in the past? Maybe it has changed or mine are goofed up this time? Not a big deal I just wondered if anyone knew of a change? Thanks

You need to call either Carnival or your TA...whichever you booked through and tell them. The problem is who ever booked you did not link your past guest number with your booking. This just happened to me. I am sure your documents don't say VIP either. You need to get it fixed otherwise you will not get Platinum status on the cruise automatically and would have to straighten it out on the ship. Easier to do now.

Your tags should say VIP.

The first sign of the Apocalypse. CCL has secretly implemented the new loyalty program and you're the first victim, falling 1 sea day short of qualifying. All seriousness aside, I haven't a clue.

I just hyperventilated while laughing.

Mean...but SO funny! :D

Someone had this problem not long ago, and whoever they booked with did not put their past guest number on their booking. Could this be your problem? Our cruise in Jan. had VIP on luggage tags and boarding pass. Does your boarding pass show VIP?

Had this issue with a friend who was Platinum. We were booked in the same rooms, so I would get to board VIP and stuff with her.

I noticed our luggage tags didn't say anything and our funpass didn't either. This caused a lot of problems for my friend. Since it wasn't my privilege, I didn't think to bring it up to her and she didn't clear it up before we got to port.

Welp, They didn't let us in the VIP boarding area b/c we weren't on the list, even though my friend showed her the 10 Platinum cards she had with her from past cruises. We instead were hustled to the front of the reg. line and went through some problems with our CC not being right, my friend got a gold card at first instead of a platinum, etc. Then when we got on board, she didn't get her gift and only one snack thing delivered to the room. Of course, non of this really bothered me b/c I hadn't really earned any of it, so no biggie. But she has been on 24 (at the time), so I'm sure it did bother her.

After all that typing............lesson to be learned............fix it now.

doesn't matter. there is no perk that gets your bags any faster with vip.

now, if your tickets don't say vip, i would contact carnival or your ta.

I printed out my for the Dream on the March 24th departure and both my boarding pass and luggage tags also say VIP. You may want to call and double check.

doesn't matter. there is no perk that gets your bags any faster with vip.

now, if your tickets don't say vip, i would contact carnival or your ta.

It may be coincidence but our bags have arrived earlier on our VIP cruises, including when we booked suites and since we became platinum.

It may be coincidence but our bags have arrived earlier on our VIP cruises, including when we booked suites and since we became platinum.

Maybe your bags just move through the system quicker since you have priority embarkation (not because you're priority in itself but your bags entered earlier than most PAX. We were at WalMart getting our soda and wine).

my bags have never come later than 3 pm the first 16 cruises i went on before i became platinum, nor the 5 since.

don't worry about your luggage tags so much, that makes no difference at all... BUT... make sure your boarding pass (es) have VIP.... now that makes the difference :) Have a great cruise...

We're not Platinum but booked a suite ( need a balcony to smoke :D ).

Printed off our boarding pass and luggage tags and both have VIP on them. :confused:

The suites will default to that, the Platinum will only be correct if linked to their past guest number...

OP, check your reservation at Carnival's webiste and see if shows this sailing. I had this issue one time where I logged in to check my reservation and it was gone. I called my PVP and they had it under a different e-mail that I asked her to send the docs to, so it could be something very simple...but get it cleared up now...free laundry is the best!

We had that problem with our upcoming cruise. One phone call to our travel agent took care of the problem. But please, do get it done before leaving home or you won't receive the Platinum perks!

:cool:Bill

Good thing I asked all of you your thoughts.....I wasn't even really worried about getting my bags quicker or anything like that. I had just noticed that the tags didn't say VIP, I didn't even look at my boarding docs until all of you said to look at them. You would think after 16 cruises it is the first thing I would look at, not this time. Well sure enough none of our paperwork said VIP so I called my PVP and she took care of it in like two minutes. I went back on-line and re-printed everything and it is all good.

I don't even want to think about the hassle I might have had at the port if I hadn't gotten it corrected before we arrived at the port. I hate last minute hassles, they just start a vacation off on a sour note. :(

Thanks everyone for making me think it thru and getting it all corrected sooner than later.

Someone had this problem not long ago, and whoever they booked with did not put their past guest number on their booking. Could this be your problem? Our cruise in Jan. had VIP on luggage tags and boarding pass. Does your boarding pass show VIP?

Just happen to me last week. I called my PVP and he added my past guest number and it was fix right then.

Also check your Past Guest Number under your name on your Fun Pass and make sure it is correct.

We had this happen to us about a year ago....

apparently, the date of birth got messed up and I did not realize it until I printed out the Fun Pass and saw no VIP.

The computer had automatically issued a new past Guest number....

Even if you have a past guest number in there and are Platinum and it says VIP on all the paperwork they can still screw up. On Jan 22 boarding the Magic we sailed right up to the door of the VIP check-in room as our docs and tags had VIP on them. But, we were not on the list and the lady was not going to let us in. We know one of the check in people in Galveston and she came over when she saw us and assured the lady we were Platinum and have been since 2005. They had no Sail and Sign cards for us at VIP or regular embarkation, so they made us Platinum and Platinum Milestone cards on the spot. We thought the problem was solved since when they pulled up our names in the computer it said Platinum and Milestone next to the them.

I had a gut feeling there was a problem since the Steward did not have us on her list as Platinum when we signed to have the mini bar opened and there was nothing in the cabin about the perks. I went to Guest Services and they pulled up our names individually and said yep we were, but when they pulled up the list of Platinum Passengers we were not on it. The guy fooled around on the computer for 15 minutes and declared it fixed. First formal night - NOTHING - no chocolate covered strawberries but we saw them passing them out. Back to guest services the next day. They swore it was fixed. Sent out laundry - got charged. Back to guest services to take off the charge. Our steward saw me putting my card in the door and saw we were Platinum and got very upset. She said she would talk to her manager and make sure we got the gift. Not only did we get the new backpacks, but she gave us each the book on the Magic plus replicas of the coin that were given out at inaugural. We also did not get invited to the past passenger party either. Just happened upon it and flashed our cards at the door and explained once again the problem and they let us in. By now our concern was priority embarkation. We waited for the letter the last day and our steward said he did not get one for us so we had better see guest services again to find out the location and get the #1 luggage tags (we got #23). We went through the whole song and dance again at guest services and they printed us a copy of the letter that went out and grudgingly gave us the luggage tags. Never an apology, never an explanation from Guest services. The only one who seemed to care was our wonderful steward. We spent way too much time fooling around with guest services. Get it fixed before you get on the ship or you will be dealing with it the whole cruise.

Archived