Luggage tags

hannahsmomtoo

I found these handy self-laminating strips at Walmart ( oh no I am a Walmart cruiser.. sorry, couldn't resist )

My question is...

Can the luggage tags be laminated? or will that interfere with scanning or something similar that has to be done to them?

( obviously I can't see mine yet.. )

Thanks !

I'm sure you can but I never go to that much trouble. I just make sure they are stapled or taped on very well, always have another form of ID (permanent tag) on my luggage and carry a spare tag already filled out just in case one comes off before I get my bags checked.

I found these handy self-laminating strips at Walmart ( oh no I am a Walmart cruiser.. sorry, couldn't resist )

My question is...

Can the luggage tags be laminated? or will that interfere with scanning or something similar that has to be done to them?

Thanks !

Even if you haven't made final payment, you can still view your luggage tags.

Go to http://www.carnival.com/

Up top, click on Log In or click "Manage My Cruise" to log in.

When you get to the "My Cruise Manager" screen, under "To-Do List" click the arrow next to "View Details"

Click "View Cruise Documents", click "Print Luggage Tags" (You don't have to print them now), then click "Submit"

It should pull up a new tab or window with your luggage tags.

I plan on using clear packing tape (just like ready2cruzagain) to not only laminate my tags but also to affix them to the luggage. :)

~Kim~

Yes, there is no problem with laminating your luggage tags, I've done it for my last 10 cruises. This year however, I'm going to use the tip I got here and use packing tape on my tags. Let's see how it works.:D I've never let my tags go without lamination because I'm always afraid that they will tear and fall off and I won't get my luggage until later in the evening. I too have a regular tag on our bags, but I imagine it would take them a long time to look me up to find out what cabin we're in and I like to get my luggage as soon as possible.;)

My question is...

Thanks !

that is what I have done before along with using a zip tie too attach it to my luggage handles....

This is my first time sailing carnival and I was wondering what the heck you were supposed to do with these printed out luggage tags. RCI and Princess mailed attachable ones to me.

So is taping them to your luggage the norm? What do the majority of people do?

This is my first time sailing carnival and I was wondering what the heck you were supposed to do with these printed out luggage tags. RCI and Princess mailed attachable ones to me.

So is taping them to your luggage the norm? What do the majority of people do?

When you print them it says to fold them lengthwise into thirds.

After printing them, I cut the two folds off from the sides. Then I laminate them. If I don't cut the two sides off, they are real thick and hard to bend. Then I punch a hole in both ends and take tie wraps with me. At the hotel before we head to the pier, I loop the tag through the suitcase handle and tie wrap it through the two holes. I also print an extra one and put it inside the suitcase in case the outter one falls off.

This is exactly what I have done on our last 2 cruises. I get the Laminate pages at Wal-mart. I can get 2 or 3 luggage tags to each page, press well around the edges and cut out. Punch holes at end and use zip ties. Our first cruise, we just folded and stapled, one of the tags tore off and I didn't get that bag. Had to go claim if from the luggage 'lost and found' the first nite. I think the laminate pages are the way to go. Very secure.

This is exactly what I have done on our last 2 cruises. I get the Laminate pages at Wal-mart. I can get 2 or 3 luggage tags to each page, press well around the edges and cut out. Punch holes at end and use zip ties. Our first cruise, we just folded and stapled, one of the tags tore off and I didn't get that bag. Had to go claim if from the luggage 'lost and found' the first nite. I think the laminate pages are the way to go. Very secure.

Perfect thank you so much ! That is the confirmed plan then !!!

Laminate the tags...np. I cover mine with clear packaging tape front and back.

I do this too. I fold them where it says to, loop thru the handle on my luggage and tape them all the way around til the whole tag is covered...pretty much laminating it.

Since I have "rolly" luggage (like everyone else in the world) you usually don't even hold your luggage by that handle affixed to the luggage...so it's not an issue.

We use those self-laminating sheets for ours. I cut them where they say not to, stick laminating sheet on, punch a hole in them, and attach with zip-tie once we get to our hotel pre-cruise. Easy peasy...

i use these for our luggage tags......they have held up well.........sorry cc wouldn't let me insert this link........just type it in with out spaces......i hope that works

favors (no space) by (no space) serendipity dot com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder

i use these for our luggage tags......they have held up well.........sorry cc wouldn't let me insert this link........just type it in with out spaces......i hope that works

favors (no space) by (no space) serendipity dot com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder

We use the same luggage tag holders and they are very sturdy and reusable.

Vinnie

When you print them it says to fold them lengthwise into thirds.

After printing them, I cut the two folds off from the sides. Then I laminate them. If I don't cut the two sides off, they are real thick and hard to bend. Then I punch a hole in both ends and take tie wraps with me. At the hotel before we head to the pier, I loop the tag through the suitcase handle and tie wrap it through the two holes. I also print an extra one and put it inside the suitcase in case the outter one falls off.

Great tip about putting one inside your luggage. I'm going to do that too!:D

We use these.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage...1783295&sr=8-1

OMG! Thanks for posting this. I use various plastic ziplock bags for packing my jewelry and it just so happens that one of the sizes I have is about the same as the one shown. I'm going to experiment and see if my bags are strong enough. Great idea!!!!:D

I love CC because I learn something new just about everytime I come on here!:D

Archived