S Class Suites - noise from above?

zelker

On S Class ships, do the RS cabins below the living room area of the Penthouses hear noise from above (walking on non-carpeted areas, piano music, etc.)?

And what about the RS and PH below the pool deck - do you hear noise from scraping chairs? Music? Partying?

I have read as much as I can on the cabin info sticky but not all show up there so asking for first-hand accounts.

Thanks!

I have stayed in a RS on solstice on deck 10 -these RS are right below the PH suite. I did not hear anything of note during our 7 day cruise. As best I can recall the noise from above was minimal - about what you would get from any cabin Above. I never heard the piano or any walking on an un-carpeted floor.

And I have to say that I am very sensitive to noise and choose my cabins with that in mind. I am booked in the same RS for an upcoming cruise. If there had been any problems from above (again, keeping in mind that you would always have some noise from a cabin above) I would definitely not have booked the same suite.

We have not been on an S-Class ship yet and were a little worried about some of the reports of noise from above. However, when we checked the deck plans closely, the S-Class PHs are below staterooms and the restrooms and thought that they would be OK. I am not so sure about the RSs on the same deck as the PHs.

Sue

We have stayed in an RS suite on deck 11 on both Solstice and Equinox. Yes you can certainly hear music from the deck above if you're on your balcony during the day and a little noise of chairs from the pool deck inside. Neither bothered us unduly and certainly didn't stop us sleeping, and I'm a light sleeper. However if you have a choice deck 10 might be better.

I have stayed in a RS on solstice on deck 10 -these RS are right below the PH suite. I did not hear anything of note during our 7 day cruise. As best I can recall the noise from above was minimal - about what you would get from any cabin Above. I never heard the piano or any walking on an un-carpeted floor.

And I have to say that I am very sensitive to noise and choose my cabins with that in mind. I am booked in the same RS for an upcoming cruise. If there had been any problems from above (again, keeping in mind that you would always have some noise from a cabin above) I would definitely not have booked the same suite.

Thanks for the feedback. What cabin # is this RS?

We have not been on an S-Class ship yet and were a little worried about some of the reports of noise from above. However, when we checked the deck plans closely, the S-Class PHs are below staterooms and the restrooms and thought that they would be OK. I am not so sure about the RSs on the same deck as the PHs.

Sue

I thought I remembered someone posting about hearing noise (lots of flushing) from public restrooms in one some cabin but can't remember which one. :confused: I guess at least the toilets are situated more over the dining area of both PH's so maybe less of an issue, if one in fact does exist.

I thought I remembered someone posting about hearing noise (lots of flushing) from public restrooms in one some cabin but can't remember which one. :confused: I guess at least the toilets are situated more over the dining area of both PH's so maybe less of an issue, if one in fact does exist.

I have not read that review! We are over the gents rather than the ladies - I hope that is the better option?

Sue

I have not read that review! We are over the gents rather than the ladies - I hope that is the better option?

Sue

I think you mean you would be under rather than over. ;) Why would one be better than the other?

And I'm not sure what cabin category I was reading about. Which cabin do you have booked.

I think you mean you would be under rather than over. ;) Why would one be better than the other?

And I'm not sure what cabin category I was reading about. Which cabin do you have booked.

Well, I have never been in a gents on a ship so I do not know if they are like land-based gents - but perhaps this is straying from the delicate!

I was discussing the PH.

Sue

We were in RS 1118 on the Equinox in February and had no noise problems at all other than minimal sounds when on the balcony during the day.:)

Any idea if anyone was staying in the Penthouse above you though?

Archived