Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Thank you for the link. This might be just what I was looking for! We are going to be on Allure in May and Cozumel is one of our stops. I was thinking of Nachi Cocom but wanted a little more of the Island that that. :)

I'm so glad the link is helpful. I saw a lot of people choosing either the driver for the day, or the all-inclusive, and I wanted to see if it was possible to do both. It worked for us. I think about 4 hours with the driver, then the rest of the day at the AI is the way to go. After all the running around in the morning having a wonderful time, it was nice to end the day at a relaxing resort. Perfect. :)

I look forward to checking twice a day! The most amazing pictures, but I'm sorry to say I could not find the butterfly....can you give me a hint?:rolleyes:

Thank you so much! It took several shots to get that one pic of the butterfly, she wouldn't sit still. She's red and black, and is near the middle of the photo ;)

I agree! I wish I was your friend. Looks like such a fun bunch :) Really enjoying your reivew. We are sailing Freedom of the Seas in July and I am sure it is similar.

Great review!

Karyn

Thank you Karen! :) At the very least, I'll send you a friend request here on CC. Anyone else reading, please feel free to do the same and I'll accept the request. Who knows, maybe we'll catch one another on a sailing in the future!

We met back with Alberto and he took us to Mr. Sancho's. It was about a 20 minute drive there. Along the way, he told us a bit about life in Cozumel, where he dreams of vacationing one day with his daughter (Disney World!), and some history. My only regret about this day is that we didn't spend more time with him. I'm thinking my husband and I will have to spend the day with him when we return.

One thing he noted is that a lot of people in Cozumel sleep in hammocks, instead of beds. It's so hot and humid there that I can imagine how much nicer a hammock would be than a bed.

Photos of the homes, taken from a moving car. I think the camera did pretty well:

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Love the Coca-Cola truck. The ad says, "Enjoy!"

We stopped in front of various resorts and excursion locations, and Alberto gave us an idea of the pricing if we wanted to come back and stay for a land vacation. We can really see ourselves doing that in the future.

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

Looks like there are some nice snorkeling spots on the side of the road in this area. A lot of people rented their own cars and drove to this area to snorkel on their own.

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

We finally reached Mr. Sancho's!

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

We said our goodbyes to Alberto, and he walked us inside to make sure we were well taken care of. He was awesome, can't wait to book with him again!

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Great review! We were on the same cruise, I however, have not rested and recovered enough to do a review yet. Half marathon for me tomorrow and then hopefully I'll remember enough to do a decent review and post some pics. We had a wonderful trip too! I would definitely sail on Liberty again.

We stopped in front of various resorts and excursion locations, and Alberto gave us an idea of the pricing if we wanted to come back and stay for a land vacation. We can really see ourselves doing that in the future.

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

Looks like there are some nice snorkeling spots on the side of the road in this area. A lot of people rented their own cars and drove to this area to snorkel on their own.

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Don't you just LOVE the aqua blue water in Cozumel...Breathtaking. The reef directly in front of the Money Bar is called Dzul Ha and is known for its amazing snorkeling. We snorkeled here in Jan and saw a baby shark, moray eel, tons of parrot fish, angels, etc. On our stop in Cozumel next Saturday we plan to grab a cab at port and head straight to the Money Bar for the day. If you buy drinks/food you can use their beach chairs and facilities for free. We have our own snorkel gear but you can rent it here as well if you don't have your own. I think taxi ride from port is about $8 each way. If you have already seen the island and done the ruins, etc. I would highly recommend the Money Bar. It is not crowded and pretty inexpensive as far as excursions go.

I booked our time at Mr. Sancho's ahead of time, at Cozumel Water Sports dot Com. I chose this spot because it seemed like it was a little more lively than Nachi, and that's right up our alley. The cost was $45 pp for the all-inclusive side of the resort. My deposit was $5 pp, and I had to bring my deposit receipt so I could pay the balance of our fare.

I paid our fare, and we each received a bracelet to wear that let everyone know we were AI. The area is beautiful:

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

Edited by Host Faith

We were able to quickly find three lounge chairs right on the edge of the water. Rae needed an umbrella, and she was able to rent one for $10. They asked for $10 cash, and another $10 deposit you got back when you returned the umbrella. She gave them a $20, and a server came to set the umbrella up for her, as well as take our drink orders.

I tried the Dirty Monkey....didn't like it that much, so I asked for a strawberry margarita instead. Rae liked her Pina Colada. We enjoyed the scenery and took several photos for a while. The water was the perfect temperature. Crystal went to explore a bit.

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

There was a guy holding an iguana who offered to take your pic with it for a fee. It was wearing a diaper, he said it was just for the sake of the pictures :confused: We said no thanks.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

By the time Crystal returned, we were hungry, so we moved to the tables and chairs so we could order lunch.

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

So much to choose from! We gave our orders and relaxed a bit with our drinks. Crystal's entire meal came out first, so we shared her fries while we waited for ours. She had coconut shrimp, cheese quesadillas (I think), and Caribbean fries. The fries were yummy, and the coconut shrimp so good that I had to order some. I don't normally like coconut shrimp, but they were very fresh, and didn't have a lot of batter. You could really taste the shrimp, and the coconut accented them rather than overpowered them.

Banana Mama- still not quite right. I tried a Miami Vice next and had finally found my drink!

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Edited by Host Faith

Rae had the chocolate cherry cake. It was pretty dry, she was disappointed.

I found that out and try to pass the word on to others. I've found the best dessert on boarding night to be the low-fat blueberry and peach cobbler. It is served warm and it's great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (don't remember if they serve it with the scream or if I requested it). That way the "low-fat" is cancelled out. :D

Edited by cruise pup

I had the shrimp ceviche and shrimp cocktail. The cocktail sauce was closer to a barbecue sauce flavor than actual horseradish and ketchup. I ordered nachos with salsa but never got them. No biggie, I just ordered the coconut shrimp instead. Rae had the beef nachos, very good too.

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

I found that out and try to pass the word on to others. I've found the best dessert on boarding night to be the low-fat blueberry and peach cobbler. It is served warm and it's great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (don't remember if they serve it with the scream or if I requested it).

Good to know, thank you! I'll try the cobbler next time.

So one of the workers came by holding two parrots, and asked if anyone would like to take a picture for $15. Crystal said she would take the picture, if he would follow her around to take some shots of her around the property for $10. She had some poses in mind and wanted us to be able to enjoy the resort. I was so amused when he said yes. She took several shots and they were really nice. In one pose, she was laying on the beach, face to the sky, with a fierce model face. She had some of the women on the beach shouting, "That's right honey, you do your thang!" Such a diva, I love her. If she sends them to me, perhaps I'll post a few of her photos. :)

In the meantime, Rae and I went into the water. We also got a kayak (included in the price) and did some rowing. I had never done that before, but I def will in the future. It was so much fun and really serene far out in the water. Crystal came back in time to catch a couple pics of us.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Crystal did a little more shopping and found a dress for the white party that night. She was so happy, and the dress was perfect. We swam a bit more, then got ready to leave the resort at 4:30 PM ET. All-aboard was at 5:30, and the ship was about 15 minutes away. I like to try and be back to the ship at least 30 minutes before the all-aboard.

Our last few minutes at Mr. Sancho's:

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

I didn't realize how much smaller the Radiance class was compared to the Freedom class.

I remember lying on the beach in San Juan and saw the Freedom of the Seas approaching San Juan. It was brand new. I couldn't believe how enormous it looked, even from a distance.