Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

We really enjoyed In the Air. If you like Cirque du Soleil-type shows, you'll enjoy this one. I know a lot of people complained about the show, and I really don't understand why. I guess it's all dependent on your tastes. The athleticism alone needed to complete the stunts is incredibly impressive. Plus, they were done on a moving ship! :eek: Incredible! We really loved this one. Because of copyright issues I couldn't take photos of the actual show, but I have a couple of the actors in the vestibule of the Platinum Theatre, as well as the presenter of the show. It was kind of a Carnival theme, very cool. We arrived about 10 minutes before showtime and got pretty good seats with no problem. Most of the show was done 'In the Air,' :rolleyes: so it would have been tough to have a bad seat.

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

Because we had such a busy day in Cozumel scheduled, we decided to go to bed after the show. After all that walking around, we had to take our shoes off to get to our room, lol!

We found this little guy in our room upon our return. Those are Crystal's sunglasses.

th_IMG_0596.jpg

Thank you for following along with me so far! Next up, our AMAZING day in Cozumel. :D

Edited by Host Faith

Thank you for this brilliant report. I am taking note of things like St Tropez seating area as we like to get away from the crazy crowd. And I've never seen photos of the spa and sauna before, and hubby will love these! Its a shame you weren't onboard longer because I don't want your cruise to end! :D

Wow! Thanks for your review and the wonderful pics...you tempted me to look at itineraries for Liberty (maybe a b2 b for DH and me in 2013?)

Ok, so when I saw your "cast" photos, I thought..."oh my, those girls are so CUTE! They will not be left alone for long!" And sure enough you were propositioned at the port, and the Macho men were dropping trou and dancing with you on the first day:eek:;)

Looks like you were having a great time! Can't wait to read the rest!

Thank you so much for sharing your great experiences with the rest of us. I know it is a lot of work to get things organized and uploaded but let me tell you I appreciate it.

Just a little over a week for me and my family will be on Allure!

Off topic, noticed your ticker for the galapagos island :eek: is that with Royal as a cruise? that will be an awesome trip!

Wow! Thanks for your review and the wonderful pics...you tempted me to look at itineraries for Liberty (maybe a b2 b for DH and me in 2013?)

Ok, so when I saw your "cast" photos, I thought..."oh my, those girls are so CUTE! They will not be left alone for long!" And sure enough you were propositioned at the port, and the Macho men were dropping trou and dancing with you on the first day:eek:;)

We will be on the Liberty about a month from now for the transatlantic crossing. Your review and photos are giving me such a wonderful preview!

Thanks so much!!

You and your girlfriends make me smile! You are all having such a good time!

Im having such a great time on YOUR cruise!!! I popped over to the Ports of call Boards looking for some ideas of things to do with 7 eighteen year old boys. Lots of people had lots of suggestions and then I came across one that was very to the point, gave the web address of the driver and promised a review. Lo and Behold~it was YOU! Cant wait to hear how your day was in Cozumel.

The Cruise Director is in the middle. He was such a hoot the entire cruise!

IMG_0407.jpg

James Andrews (CD) looks like he is enjoying himself as usual, bit of an embarrasing shadow on his pants though!!, That is a shadow isn't it;)

Off topic, noticed your ticker for the galapagos island :eek: is that with Royal as a cruise? that will be an awesome trip!

No, unfortunately Royal doesn't go to the Galapagos. They are very strict about the size of the vessels, RCL could send a life boat from Allure, maybe;) ( actually even those are too big...most vessels are 20-90 pax)

Celebrity has a very nice (I'm told) expedition ship there, I looked into it, but the itinerary didn't work for us. It's 1 week on board and a day or two pre or post cruise in Ecuador.

My family needed more time in Ecuador, so for about the same cost, we are taking a longer trip that includes lots of cultural activities in Ecuador too, but the cruise is a little shorter. ( that worked for us too, as my folks are coming with us and we have done these "safari type" trips before and the pace can be quite punishing...up early, hiking out to see animals, back for lunch and a nap and then out you go again, more animals, in this case, snorkeling.

We are really looking forward to it! Sorry, to veer OT, Chrystal!

Thanks for the info, im so interested in doing a similar trip next year :) I'm new to CC and have no idea how to send private messages or I would of asked you that way lol

Back to you Chrystal - sorry for getting off track.

No, unfortunately Royal doesn't go to the Galapagos. They are very strict about the size of the vessels, RCL could send a life boat from Allure, maybe;) ( actually even those are too big...most vessels are 20-90 pax)

Celebrity has a very nice (I'm told) expedition ship there, I looked into it, but the itinerary didn't work for us. It's 1 week on board and a day or two pre or post cruise in Ecuador.

My family needed more time in Ecuador, so for about the same cost, we are taking a longer trip that includes lots of cultural activities in Ecuador too, but the cruise is a little shorter. ( that worked for us too, as my folks are coming with us and we have done these "safari type" trips before and the pace can be quite punishing...up early, hiking out to see animals, back for lunch and a nap and then out you go again, more animals, in this case, snorkeling.

We are really looking forward to it! Sorry, to veer OT, Chrystal!

Thanks for the info, im so interested in doing a similar trip next year :) I'm new to CC and have no idea how to send private messages or I would of asked you that way lol

Back to you Chrystal - sorry for getting off track.

No PM's on CC,:( but check out the Celebrity and Linblad boards...you'll learn a lot and there are some discussions about this outfitter vs that one so you can research other options...we can't wait, we will post a review on " other crusie lines" in the fall.

Ok really, Chrystal, back to your great review! :o

Really enjoying your review. Love all the pictures. Thanks for including the curtain in the Theater. It is really beautiful. My favorite is on the Explorer.

Speaking of the Explorer, all Jersey girls(I'm a former Jersey girl) should take a cruise on the Explorer. It is wonderful to just drive to Bayonne and get right on the ship.

We have never been on the Liberty but have 21 days on her in October. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

Chrystal, love your review and pictures. How wonderful to share a special birthday cruise with your good friends. You all look beautiful and really seemed to enjoy every moment. How funny is it that not long ago I finished reading QTMichele's wonderful Allure pictoral review and now I'm in the midst of reading your awesome Liberty review with fabulous pictures. Why funny? Because, hopefully, your next cruise review will be of your upcoming Allure cruise and Michele's will be from the Liberty in November. Cool beans. Sort of like Radio and Trainman but female :D Keep having happy sails :)

Thank you so much for the thorough review, it's making me wish time went faster, until my cruise , then of course I want time to stand still! Enjoying every word and photo.:)

That's exactly how I feel! All that anticipation builds up until you get to the cruise, and then you don't want it to end. I'm dealing with my post-cruise-depression (PCD) by....booking another cruise! :p LOL

i am LOVING your review!!! can't wait to read/see the rest and its making me EXTRA excited about my May 13th cruise on Liberty :)

Thank you so much! Have fun on your cruise!

Thank you for this brilliant report. I am taking note of things like St Tropez seating area as we like to get away from the crazy crowd. And I've never seen photos of the spa and sauna before, and hubby will love these! Its a shame you weren't onboard longer because I don't want your cruise to end! :D

I'm so happy to hear this is helpful for you! Thank you, I wish it was a longer cruise too...but then again I missed Wes so much! Next cruise is a 7-night with him :)

Haha! That's so funny! Yeah I guess we've still 'got it,' even at 30! :rolleyes::D We had a wonderful time, can't wait to share our day in Cozumel. We had a picture-perfect day. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your great experiences with the rest of us. I know it is a lot of work to get things organized and uploaded but let me tell you I appreciate it.

Just a little over a week for me and my family will be on Allure!

We will be on the Liberty about a month from now for the transatlantic crossing. Your review and photos are giving me such a wonderful preview!

Thanks so much!!

You and your girlfriends make me smile! You are all having such a good time!

Thank you so much! I would love to spend that much time on the Liberty, you're in for a great vacation. Thank you for reading!

Loving your review and the pictures are fantastic!

Thank you!

Love the pics and enthusiasm you have brought to your review!

Brings back great memories of our FOS cruise.

Glad you had a great time.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the review :)

Great review! Thanks

My pleasure!