Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Loving your review!!! Keep it coming. I recognize the lady with the hat from my Oasis cruise. I think I have a picture of her too!

Carol

Thank you Carol! I just loved her hat and cheery disposition. :)

After my time in the spa area, I returned, totally relaxed, to our stateroom. Rae and Crystal were awake and starting to get ready for formal night. I ordered some room service to hold us over until dinner. I tipped the delivery man $2.

Whenever I sail Royal, I have to order their cheese platter- several different types of cheese with crackers and a little fruit. My favorite is the brie, it spreads so nicely onto the crackers and has a rich, nutty flavor. I also got the spinach dip. There was enough for all of us to share. They loved the spinach dip. I got some iced tea for us as well. I also normally order two extra glasses of ice water, to put in the fridge to have later that night.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Crystal had a playlist on her laptop, so we had some fun music playing as we got ready. After primping for quite some time, Rae and I were ready but Crystal was running a little behind. She told us to go on ahead and she would meet us at the dining room. So off we went to take some photos:

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

As soon as I saw these couches on Deck 4, I HAD to take a photo:

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

We stopped at Bolero’s since I wanted to see the Latin Dance party before dinner. It was almost over by the time we arrived, but we did get a chance to shimmy for a quick minute. Loved our shoes!

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

Crystal and Rae had the shrimp cocktail. I tried the papaya and pineapple soup because of everyone's raving about the cold soups...not a fan....it wasn't completely sweet, and wasn't totally savory...it was a kind of strange in-between that I got a little tired of eating. Alonso noticed that I wasn't happy with it, so he brought me a shrimp cocktail too:)

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

I opened the door and walked into such a tranquil space.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

I enjoyed the steam room for about 5 minutes before a group of young women came in chattering away. I mean, they were loud, screaming with laughter once in a while and talking loudly the rest of the time. It kind of annoyed me, and I sighed pretty loud a couple times to let them know that someone else was in there, but to no avail. They were loud…and left a few seconds before I did. They went into the sauna, and I did have the steam room to myself, which was lovely. I tried to curb my irritation and relish my moments in the steam room.

Speaking of the steam room: the entire room is made of warm tiles, with a long bench for plenty of room for people. I was able to lay down in there by myself the whole time. The steam builds up to become pretty hot, and you can’t see all that much. It felt so nice to be in there, and then take a shower. I used an ultra-rich moisturizer I brought with me on the cruise for just this purpose. My skin was glowing by the time I left the spa. And all for free! :D

I have never ventured in to the Spa area on any of my cruises and always wondered what the locker room was like and thanks to your beautiful pics I know plan to put this on my "to do" list when I board next week!

The formal night shoes are fabulous!

Quick question: the quiet St. Tropez deck looked great- our family is kinda quiet and the kids love to read. I know kids aren't allowed in the solarium, are they allowed on the St. Tropez deck?

Also, is there music on the pool deck at all times?

Thanks again for this great ongoing review!

Edited by micmacmissy

Yes, now that Wesley's seen the Liberty, he's very excited about the Allure, and so am I. We're looking at the Allure for sometime this year. We have pretty hectic schedules at work right now so we're waiting until things settle a bit before deciding on a date. Our first choice would be September 23rd. We'll see!

If 9/23 doesn't work out, how about 9/16? I'll be on then and would love to meet you. You and your friends are beautiful and it's obvious you share a great friendship. And so much fun!

I will note that the whirlpool in the Solarium, on the port side of the ship, had nice, hot water. I know a lot of people on CC have been complaining about the temp of the hot tubs, and that was one on the ship that was plenty hot.

Chrystal, I am loving your review. I'm home on leave with a busted knee and have lots of time to pour over your pics! The hot tub looks amazing. I'll have to take a Freedom class ship in the future. I'm hoping that I will be healed enough to enjoy my May 10 Explorer cruise out of NJ. First time cruising out of Bayonne. This will be our 13th cruise total and 6th with Royal.

IMG_0504-1.jpg

[/center]

Since your taking Hubby on Allure, I'll mention that the Cantilevered hot tubs on Allure have molded seats ideal for couples, not like the wide open seating on the Freedom class ships. Plus they have flat screens showing ESPN.

Quick question: the quiet St. Tropez deck looked great- our family is kinda quiet and the kids love to read. I know kids aren't allowed in the solarium, are they allowed on the St. Tropez deck?

Thanks again for this great ongoing review!

I can confirm that kids are allowed on the St Tropez deck, it's one of our favourite places too. Never remember hearing music up there unlike the main pool deck.

I have never ventured in to the Spa area on any of my cruises and always wondered what the locker room was like and thanks to your beautiful pics I know plan to put this on my "to do" list when I board next week!

Good choice! It was so relaxing in there.

Quick question: the quiet St. Tropez deck looked great- our family is kinda quiet and the kids love to read. I know kids aren't allowed in the solarium' date=' are they allowed on the St. Tropez deck?

Thanks again for this great ongoing review![/quote']

Hi there! Yes, kids are allowed on the St. Tropez deck.

There was either live music (from a pretty good band), or piped-in music playing most of the time on the main pool deck. The solarium was nice and quiet.

If 9/23 doesn't work out, how about 9/16? I'll be on then and would love to meet you. You and your friends are beautiful and it's obvious you share a great friendship. And so much fun!

Hi Janice! Wesley and I will take a look at the 16th if the 23rd doesn't work. T hank you so much! It would be great to meet you too!

Chrystal, I am loving your review. I'm home on leave with a busted knee and have lots of time to pour over your pics! The hot tub looks amazing. I'll have to take a Freedom class ship in the future. I'm hoping that I will be healed enough to enjoy my May 10 Explorer cruise out of NJ. First time cruising out of Bayonne. This will be our 13th cruise total and 6th with Royal.

Hi klscaz! I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy your Explorer cruise. We've looked at the Explorer out of Bayonne ourselves, we'll likely give it a try in the future. Our honeymoon was out of NY, and it was really nice to take the train into the city and get right onto the ship. Praying you'll feel great so you can have a great cruise!:)

Since your taking Hubby on Allure, I'll mention that the Cantilevered hot tubs on Allure have molded seats ideal for couples, not like the wide open seating on the Freedom class ships. Plus they have flat screens showing ESPN.

Thanks for the heads up! He will really like that :cool:

I'm getting pretty excited now! Fantastic review and pictures!

Hey Bryce! Just a week away, you don't have that much longer to wait now! I love the last few days of a countdown. Enjoy your cruise :)

IMG_0573.jpg

Alonso and the Head Waiter (I can't recall her name, but she was AMAZING!) came over with three different desserts with candles and wished us Happy Birthday. Very sweet. :)

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Something else I forgot to note: the first night, our Head Waiter came over to greet us and ask if there was anything we wanted that they didn't have, or anything that her staff could improve upon. I heard here on CC that you could request a bowl of berries for dessert if you didn't like what was on the menu. The first night, they didn't have any, but guess what? Not only did they have a bowl for me, they had a bowl for Crystal and Rae too! I had mine with the chocolate souffle.

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

After dinner we wandered the ship a bit before the In the Air Show. We took photos on the Royal Promenade and in Bolero's. They were playing some salsa music and there was an adorable older lady who was dancing away. She actually put us to shame a bit, lol! You can see her next to Rae and Crystal in the photos below; Rae was reacting to how well she was dancing. Crystal was busting a move right with her :)

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg