Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Three beautiful, confident ladies! Enjoying the review so far! So fun to see a review from people who actually enjoy life! I see God shining through you ladies!

Thank you so much! God bless :)

great job so far.

Thank you!

These pics are getting me pumped for my cruise on Freedom! Im usually not a fan of RCI pizza but that piece looks great! :D:cool:

Great job!

Hilarious! I agree actually- the pizza at Sorrento's was much better. Coming from NJ I'm a big critic on pizza and cheesesteaks....Sorrento's pizza was pretty good for RCI ;)

After walking the Promenade, we went to the pool deck for a glimpse of everything before the muster drill. We got soft serve from the Sprinkles machine near the kids’ H2O zone and found some lounge seats so we could rest a bit and enjoy the view. We were tired and a little sleepy already from the long night before and embarkation.

Muster drill was quick and painless. Our meeting area was in the Main Dining Room.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

After the drill, Rae and Crystal decided to take a nap. We had late dining, and wanted to see the comedy show and go dancing in the Catacombs later that night. They wanted to rest up for all the fun ahead. Literally, we went dancing just about every night!

I left them in the room, and grabbed some food from Sorrento's out of curiosity. Pretty good food. I had a slice of pizza and a salad. The pizza was fresh and the crust nice and soft. They had some items for you to make your own salad. Italian ingredients like fresh mozzarella, marinated artichokes, salami, olives, etc. Pretty good. I took my food back to our room since there were no open seats there at the time.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

It was time for sailaway, and I didn’t want to miss it. I made my way to the helipad. I heard about the helipad from some veteran cruisers here on CC. To get there, you take Deck 4 all the way forward. When you can't go forward anymore, take those doors to the outer deck. You'll see stairs in front of you, climb those and walk straight ahead. Follow that walkway forward and you'll emerge at the front of the ship. It's very windy out there, but you get a fabulous view of the ship leaving the dock.

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

There were about 50 or so people with me on the helipad. I sat out there by myself and enjoyed a peaceful moment out there. It was beautiful and exhilarating to sail at the very front of the ship. Again it's very windy- so if you're wearing loose clothing or a hairpiece, anchor it all down! :p

IMG_0318.jpg

We made our way to the Royal Promenade on Deck 5. I loved being on deck 8, which I chose since we could walk down three quick flights to the Promenade, or up three to the Windjammer and pool deck when the elevators got congested. Perfect location.

On our way, I noticed the nifty touch screen that showed you how to get around the ship. They were placed all around the ship, on each deck. These came in handy for us since we had an inside room in an interior corridor of the ship. It normally takes me about two days to get the hang of where everything is on the ship…but we only had 4 days on the Liberty! It was nice to have this as a guide.

Loving your review so far!! I am on Liberty with my dh april 9th, and this is getting me sooo excited! I love the new screens to help you find your way around...I was wondering what these were like, so thank you so much for all the pics and detail!

Glad you saw it that way. I spent way too much time on the NJTPK in the 80s.

Yes, we live right off Exit 8A. They just raised the toll prices by 50% :eek:. Unbelievable. We try to avoid that road as much as we can.

I'm loving the review! That red maxi dress was fierce, girl! ;) I do girl cruises too. I think our group of girls would get along famously! I live in NJ too, Chrystal. Maybe we can get together sometime and talk cruise talk. :D

Yes, we live right off Exit 8A. They just raised the toll prices by 50% :eek:. Unbelievable. We try to avoid that road as much as we can.

OMG, Faith! The increase is killing me! I take the NJTPK every day to work and now get up earlier so I can get on it before 7 am so I pay off peak prices! It's horrible!