Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Crystal joked that there was an unspoken rule that they had to wait until I took pics of the food before they could start eating. At least they knew the routine, lol. :p

She had a spinach salad, and the pork medallions:

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Rae enjoyed the spinach salad as well, with the sirloin (medium) from the alternative menu.

IMG_0379.jpg

1 question: the cappucino, expresso, latte, etc. in dinner are free or not?:confused:

Those were considered specialty coffees and had a small fee. I'm not sure how much, I want to say about $2 or so? Can someone out there confirm? :)

Fantastic review...loving it all the way from Australia:D I just wish you where on there more than 4 days....but I bet you wish you where too;)

Thank you! We absolutely wished we were sailing the Liberty for more than 4 days! :)

Now this is one thing about Royal I don't really enjoy: the MDR desserts. They always sound good, and the presentation is gorgeous, but they end up being a disappointment to me about 80% of the time. My mother is an amazing baker so I grew up around great cakes and pies....Royal just isn't cutting it in this area. To satisfy my sweet fix, I would either get a cone from the Sprinkles machine, or the tiramisu from Sorrento's. I also brought some Dove chocolates (my little indulgence) with me, so I could have one or two at the end of the night. The ladies agreed with me. This doesn't bother me enough to stop cruising Royal, I know they're doing the best with what they have. I'm happy with their food otherwise.

This time, I tried the strawberry pavlova. Pretty good.

IMG_0384.jpg

Crystal tried the Savarin, tried a bite, and didn't like it. It had a strange texture. Very pretty, but 'meh.'

IMG_0387.jpg

Rae had the chocolate cherry cake. It was pretty dry, she was disappointed.

IMG_0386.jpg

Hi Chrystal! It is another Crystal here... asking some questions... LOL!

Umm... what kind of music did they play in Catacombs? (We sooo love to dance) What time did you guys end up making it on the ship during Embarkation?

Your review is sooo good so far! We will be on her on May 13th out of Europe... it will be a group of 6 crazy women and we can't wait! :D

After dinner, we strolled the Royal Promenade for a bit to kill time before the comedy show. We were hanging out, singing to the piped in music in the souvenir shop while Crystal looked for gifts for family and friends. I bought a $1 gold satin pouch to hold my Seapass and camera on formal night since I forgot to bring a purse that matched the dress. It went perfectly. I also bought a postcard of the Liberty.

We exited the shop and randomly walked into the 70's party on the Promenade. We totally went with it, and were in the perfect spot for the party. At first, Rae was like, I don't like 70's music...but about 5 minutes in, she was dancing with us, lol. Whether you could dance or not, you couldn't help but move a bit to the music.Not sure if the construction worker was aware...but his pants started to fall. :eek: If he knew, I guess he was too embarrassed to pull them back up. Made for some funny conversation among us cruisers as the party went on!

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

The Cruise Director is in the middle. He was such a hoot the entire cruise!

IMG_0407.jpg

Hi Chrystal! It is another Crystal here... asking some questions... LOL!

Umm... what kind of music did they play in Catacombs? (We sooo love to dance) What time did you guys end up making it on the ship during Embarkation?

Your review is sooo good so far! We will be on her on May 13th out of Europe... it will be a group of 6 crazy women and we can't wait! :D

Hi Crystal! Beautiful name :p LOL!

Oh wow, in the Catacombs they played all types of music. A lot of R&B, Pop, Reggaeton, Techno....the DJ was fantastic and kept us on the floor just about the ENTIRE time. The songs just got better and better as the night went on.

I think we got onto the ship around 12:45, after arriving at 11.

A group of 6 women on a cruise?! Sounds like so much fun! We were originally supposed to be a group of 6 but some of the girls dropped out. We were the three that said, If you come or if you don't....we're still going! :D Have fun on your cruise, have a dance for me!

So the 'Village People' came down off the bridge and made a beeline for our area. I think they liked our dancing, lol.

Go Crystal!

IMG_0410.jpg

The cowboy twirled Rae around a bit, lol:

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

I danced on the side a bit and kept snapping away. The scene was too funny to miss a second:

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

So the 'Village People' came down off the bridge and made a beeline for our area. I think they liked our dancing, lol.

Go Crystal!

IMG_0410.jpg

The cowboy twirled Rae around a bit, lol:

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

I danced on the side a bit and kept snapping away. The scene was too funny to miss a second:

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

Ya'll! Are having so much fun!! I sooo can't wait!!! I want to dance with ya'll through this computer screen! (Sorry for the country slang coming out) He he he he!:D

After partying a bit more, we dropped our bags off in the room (our beds were fixed by then), and made our way to the Platinum Theatre for the comedy show. So.....I love comedy shows. The three of us and our husbands love heading to NYC or the local scene in New Brunswick for comedy shows. This comedian was kind of funny....like you're laughing more at him than at his jokes. To each his own. Maybe that was part of his act. He had a couple funny jokes once in a while. We still had a good time since we would add our own quips to the end of his jokes :D

IMG_0424.jpg

The cruise director introduced him- that CD was everywhere! He did a fantastic job.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Ya'll! Are having so much fun!! I sooo can't wait!!! I want to dance with ya'll through this computer screen! (Sorry for the country slang coming out) He he he he!:D

Hhhahahahahaha!!! I just burst into laughter when I copied and pasted these photos a few minutes ago. My friends are some crazy and hilarious girls....well, I'm a little crazy too :D

Chrystal; I, like everyone else am LOVIN your review! I am on the LOS April 5th sailing. The same Itinerary as yours. I am traveling w DH, DS (18) 2 other couples and 6 SIX! more 18 yr old buoys (haha boys). I am nervous because no one else has cruised before except our family. Thats a lot of pressure. I haven't made any reservations for shows yet~did you do that before hand? I am so happy you posted the menus. I want to share it with everyone in our party.

To top off the night, we spent the rest of the evening in the Catacombs dancing away. The DJ was awesome, the songs got better and better throughout the entire night. You could tell he loved what he was doing, and his energy was contagious.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Hhhahahahahaha!!! I just burst into laughter when I copied and pasted these photos a few minutes ago. My friends are some crazy and hilarious girls....well, I'm a little crazy too :D

With a name like ours... aren't we allowed to be a little bit crazy!! Keep'em comin'!!!! You are doing awesome!

Okay, I'm cracking up at your "can't believe how big Liberty is" comment... JUST WAIT until you see the ALLURE! Just wait... LOL

LOVE the 70's pictures... looks like a great time. :D

You girls look great, and it's so good to see friends getting together. Love it!

Waiting for the rest... and going to check out your other reviews. :D

We got back to the room pretty late and went straight to bed. We were exhausted but happy :). Here's a pic of the room with the correct configuration. Doesn't it feel a little more spacious now? Rae took the Pullman bed. I slept on the left, and Crystal was under the Pullman. Rae's and my suitcases went under my bed, and Crystal's larger one stayed under hers.

IMG_0451.jpg

Well, that's the end of cruise day 1! I hope you had a great time along with us. Again, questions are welcome. I'll write more tomorrow. Have a great night!

Great review and pictures. Your guys are defiantly having fun. You also have the right attitude to make 3 in an inside cabin work.

No issues or concerns from Rae on the top? I would be too afraid of sitting up and knocking myself unconscious.