Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

I checked out at 10 AM. and got my cash deposit back. The valet parking was $25 for the night by the way.

So we returned Crystal’s rental car to Alamo at the airport, and the rental included a free shuttle to the cruise port. When we got upstairs the shuttle was waiting, and there weren't many people on the bus. Very nice and efficient! We were on our way to the ship by 11.

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

The bus dropped us off right in front of the Liberty’s terminal. Having sailed the Adventure and the Serenade, I was AMAZED at the size of the ship at first glance! She dwarfed the Princess ship in port. Sherrae, having only sailed the Carnival Glory, was completely blown away at her size and loved the ship's outer appearance.

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

So far, awesome review girl!! You sure do take a lot of pictures! :) I'll be on the Liberty next week, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest. You girls sound like a hoot!

Oh, and I live in South Florida, and visit Blue Martini a lot. What a fun place!

Great review, nice pics. You girls seem so fun...can i come with you next time?! :D

ditto!! Next time, swing by Staten Island, I will be ready!!!

Carol

Haha! Thanks you two! Sure, the more the merrier!! :D:D

So far, awesome review girl!! You sure do take a lot of pictures! :) I'll be on the Liberty next week, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest. You girls sound like a hoot!

Oh, and I live in South Florida, and visit Blue Martini a lot. What a fun place!

Thank you so much Karen! Yeah I have about 1,300 photos to sort through. I'm snapping pics every second. It's so bad that Rae doesn't even bring a camera anymore, she just trusts me to take all the photos and send her the album online, LOL!

Lucky you sailing the Liberty. Such an awesome ship. And the Blue Martini is so much fun! A great place. Enjoy your cruise!

We dropped our luggage off at the porters. One of them fell in love with Crystal, he offered to take us all to dinner when we got back, LOL! It never happened of course. Anyways, once we dropped our luggage off, we made our way through security and check-in.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

I am SOOOO enjoying your review. and the great pics. I haven't been on Liberty for 3 years, but it was wonderful, my DH took me for my 50th birthday. can't wait to see the pics from the ship!:D Love my DH and had a great time with him but I think I would of had a great time with you girls!:D

We took the customary boarding photo and sat down to wait to board. Something must have happened on the sailing previous to ours, because some people were still on the ship when we arrived. We had to wait about an hour and a half before boarding. We were so fortunate to take some of the last few seats before people had to stand in the larger check in area for that long. So glad to have seats!

IMG_0227.jpg

Finally, it was our turn to board. So excited!

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Love that first "PING!" when you scan your Seapass upon boarding:

IMG_0233.jpg

The first thing I did was take a look at the main dining room which was beautiful:

IMG_0234.jpg

Then we went to the Windjammer buffet. We were able to find a table quickly. Crystal and Rae took a lap around before settling on what they wanted to eat. I watched our things at the table while they got their food.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

My first meal onboard. Everything was great! The seafood paella was especially good. I got first dibs from a fresh batch that had just come out.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Yay! Oh, the joy of getting my Seapass!

IMG_0225-1-1.jpg

All of your posts are definitely filled with the passion you have for Cruising. Reading your reviews and looking at your pictures adds to our excitement for our upcoming Cruise. Looking forward to reading and viewing more of your Cruise. Thank you for taking us along on your Cruise.

few memories! not recall the Fort Lauderdale airport and Port Everglades (the age lol) Thanks for the pictures, i was there 4 years ago exactly, but I traveled in the Navigator. Sorry for my bad English lol.:D

I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures! Your English is great :). I haven't sailed the Navigator yet. You must have had a great time!

All of your posts are definitely filled with the passion you have for Cruising. Reading your reviews and looking at your pictures adds to our excitement for our upcoming Cruise. Looking forward to reading and viewing more of your Cruise. Thank you for taking us along on your Cruise.

Thank you! Yes, I'm totally hooked on cruising. You're so fortunate to be sailing a B2B on the AOS. I love the Southern Caribbean, it's so beautiful. Enjoy your cruises!

I am SOOOO enjoying your review. and the great pics. I haven't been on Liberty for 3 years, but it was wonderful, my DH took me for my 50th birthday. can't wait to see the pics from the ship!:D Love my DH and had a great time with him but I think I would of had a great time with you girls!:D

Hi medfordgirl! So happy you're enjoying the review. I love cruising with DH but I adore traveling with my girlfriends once in a while. Maybe our paths will cross in the future! :D

Hi Michele!! I love your reviews, I've read every one. Your Allure review actually helped DH and I decide to rent a cabana when we sail her this year.

Awesome! I'm so glad you like my reviews and that I could help you plan. :) I'm loving yours too! Now to start reading where I left off.

After lunch, we made our way to our room (#8459, inside cabin)- and promptly noticed that the bed configuration was wrong. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed that turnaround happens so quickly on such a huge ship, and every 4-5 days, perhaps they don’t have time between cruises to fix the beds the right away. That’s okay. I took some pics of the cabin as it was and we headed back out to explore, leaving a note for the cabin steward, asking him to separate the beds, bring down the pullman bed for Rae, empty the fridge, and to provide an extra robe (there were two in the closet). Of course I asked nicely and left lots of please and thank you's and smiley faces on the note :)

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

We made our way to the Royal Promenade on Deck 5. I loved being on deck 8, which I chose since we could walk down three quick flights to the Promenade, or up three to the Windjammer and pool deck when the elevators got congested. Perfect location.

On our way, I noticed the nifty touch screen that showed you how to get around the ship. They were placed all around the ship, on each deck. These came in handy for us since we had an inside room in an interior corridor of the ship. It normally takes me about two days to get the hang of where everything is on the ship…but we only had 4 days on the Liberty! It was nice to have this as a guide.

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Edited by Host Faith

We went to Guest Relations on Deck 5. I had to put cash down for my onboard account. Crystal signed the form to prepay her gratuities, and Rae had a credit card for her account, but wanted to put some cash down anyway. We were all taken care of within about 5 minutes.

Our first glimpses of the Royal Promenade.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Edited by Host Faith

Enjoying your review, especially the pictures. We are on Liberty, but not till Jan. 2012. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Love, love, love your review and pictures. The pictures bring back so many happy memories. Thank you so much for going to all the effort.

My pleasure! Enjoy your cruises on the Liberty, take care of her until we can sail again :)