Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

My pleasure! These reviews help me relive every moment. I hope it's helpful, and Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate :)

Thank you so much for doing this awesome review! My 15 yr old son and I will be on the Liberty exactly 1 week from today!! WOOHOOO.....You and your girlfriends are absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like you guys had an amazing time. :)

I figured the veteran Allure cruisers would be amused at that comment, lol. :p I can't wait to see the Allure!!! Thanks for the compliments!

Are you planning Allure next? I'm already planning my return.

Hi Crystal,

Another great review , always fun to read & very informative. The pictures are always great! Happy Birthday Divas!! Can’t wait to read more.

Thank you so much! I'll relay the Happy Birthday to Crystal and Rae :)

Thank you so much for doing this awesome review! My 15 yr old son and I will be on the Liberty exactly 1 week from today!! WOOHOOO.....You and your girlfriends are absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like you guys had an amazing time. :)

Niiice, the Liberty in a week! So exciting. Thank you for the compliments and enjoy your cruise! Please be sure to come back to this thread to let me know how you enjoyed the ship :D

I really enjoy Romero Britto's work. You'll find it on RCI ships often.

You'll definitely want to visit the Britto store on Allure then. The luggage would be great looking and easy to find in the terminal, at least until everybody buys it.

brito.jpg

Are you planning Allure next? I'm already planning my return.

Yes, now that Wesley's seen the Liberty, he's very excited about the Allure, and so am I. We're looking at the Allure for sometime this year. We have pretty hectic schedules at work right now so we're waiting until things settle a bit before deciding on a date. Our first choice would be September 23rd. We'll see!

You'll definitely want to visit the Britto store on Allure then. The luggage would be great looking and easy to find in the terminal, at least until everybody buys it.

brito.jpg

Oh wow, how beautiful! That's a must-see for me then. Thank you for posting! I have a pretty colorful suitcase now but it's looking a little shabby. This is right up my alley.

Yes, now that Wesley's seen the Liberty, he's very excited about the Allure, and so am I. We're looking at the Allure for sometime this year. We have pretty hectic schedules at work right now so we're waiting until things settle a bit before deciding on a date. Our first choice would be September 23rd. We'll see!

Ok, bring Wesley, I don't need my wife catching me watch you girls dance. ;)

Your BFFs and my BFFs all need to vacation together! :D We would have a blast! When I saw the room config I understood what you meant by you can only vacation in close quarters w/ certain kinds of friends! ;) I could only do that w/ my BFFs from college. LOL!

I'm loving your review and reminiscing about our BFF trip to Vegas. Keep it coming. You're doing a great job!!

That's the date I'm on the Allure!!! That would be so great if you were on that sailing. Keep me posted!!

Ok, bring Wesley, I don't need my wife catching me watch you girls dance. ;)
LOL! :cool:

We were on the same sailing, and thought I did not find the food good I must say that pasta was AWESOME!!!

Yes, that's one of my favorite dishes on RCI! I look for it the first night of every cruise. Anything with truffles tastes amazing to me. The Capital Grille steakhouse has french fries with truffle oil and Parmesan- over the moon! :)

im LOVING your review!!!!!! i miss the LOS so much and cant wait to return to her!!! thank you so much for taking the time to do this! :)
My pleasure! So happy you're enjoying it.

I will post a review for sure! Your review is the best review EVER!

Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for your review :D

Your BFFs and my BFFs all need to vacation together! :D We would have a blast! When I saw the room config I understood what you meant by you can only vacation in close quarters w/ certain kinds of friends! ;) I could only do that w/ my BFFs from college. LOL!

I'm loving your review and reminiscing about our BFF trip to Vegas. Keep it coming. You're doing a great job!!

Thank you! All you guys here on this thread sound like awesome people to travel with!

That's the date I'm on the Allure!!! That would be so great if you were on that sailing. Keep me posted!!

I will definitely keep you posted! It would be great to meet you :)

So the rest of our day was spent moving from pool to pool in the main area. We would read and nap in the sun, then cool off in one of the pools. We did stroll around a bit and got some photos of the cantilevered whirlpools in the Solarium. It’s funny; I didn’t spend much time in the solarium this time. There was so much to see in such a short time, I wanted to maximize our time on deck. I will note that the whirlpool in the Solarium, on the port side of the ship, had nice, hot water. I know a lot of people on CC have been complaining about the temp of the hot tubs, and that was one on the ship that was plenty hot.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0504-1.jpg

If you want a place that's completely silent, there's a St. Tropez deck in the forward section of the ship. Take the steps on the pool deck to Deck 12. On the starboard side, you'll see a sign leading you up to the area. It's completely quiet and tranquil. A little too quiet for me. There were a lot of nappers and readers up there. A beautiful spot to take a nap.

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Our plan was to head to Sorrento’s for lunch, then come back to the pool deck. We had a great lunch there. I love Italian food, especially antipasto, so this place was a favorite of mine. The grilled veggies and salami were excellent. The tiramisu was delicious too.

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

Once we returned to the pool area, we noticed it had emptied out quite a bit. It was formal night, and I’m pretty sure people had to go get ready for the early dinner seating. More room for us at the pool!

IMG_0514.jpg

After about another hour, we returned to our room to find Crystal there with lots of bags from shopping and activities on the ship. She had a ball that day! She played Bingo (a hilarious story is to come about her Bingo adventures), went to Johnny Rocket’s, and participated in the cupcake decorating class (where she made a burger and fries cupcake).

IMG_0515.jpg

She also did some shopping and socializing. She never ran out of things to do. She was tired and decided to take a nap, and so did Rae. While they were doing that, I figured I could steal away to do something I’ve been wanting to do: enjoy the steam room in the spa area, *sigh* :) That would also give me the chance to shower in a bigger stall, leaving time for Crystal and Rae to use the stateroom shower before dinner.

I went back up to Deck 12 to stroll the walkway leading to the spa area, in the forward section of the ship. Clouds were rolling in, I used the toy camera effect on my camera to take these.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

And then the super vivid mode for this shot:

IMG_0518.jpg

At the spa desk, I asked for a locker and got my key. They take your Seapass and give it back to you when you return the key.

I went back down to Deck 11 by the spiral staircase in the spa. You’ll find the door to the ladies’ locker room to the left of the boxing ring.

IMG_0530.jpg

I opened the door and walked into such a tranquil space.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

I enjoyed the steam room for about 5 minutes before a group of young women came in chattering away. I mean, they were loud, screaming with laughter once in a while and talking loudly the rest of the time. It kind of annoyed me, and I sighed pretty loud a couple times to let them know that someone else was in there, but to no avail. They were loud…and left a few seconds before I did. They went into the sauna, and I did have the steam room to myself, which was lovely. I tried to curb my irritation and relish my moments in the steam room.

Speaking of the steam room: the entire room is made of warm tiles, with a long bench for plenty of room for people. I was able to lay down in there by myself the whole time. The steam builds up to become pretty hot, and you can’t see all that much. It felt so nice to be in there, and then take a shower. I used an ultra-rich moisturizer I brought with me on the cruise for just this purpose. My skin was glowing by the time I left the spa. And all for free! :D