Shrimp trucks in Oahu and Maui

debster818

Giovanni's on the North Shore at the sugar mill of Oahu is the best for garlic butter scampi. I heard good things about Blue Water Shrimp and Seafood Co. in the International Market Place in Waikiki.

We are going to Hawaii in April and I will give you a report when we get back.

Robert

Giovanni's on the North Shore at the sugar mill of Oahu is the best for garlic butter scampi. I heard good things about Blue Water Shrimp and Seafood Co. in the International Market Place in Waikiki.

We are going to Hawaii in April and I will give you a report when we get back.

Robert

Robert, we are also going in April on the POA. Leaves on 4/21 You?

Giovanni's on the North Shore at the sugar mill of Oahu is the best for garlic butter scampi.

The Giovanni's has been around for a longtime and probably best well known. A few years ago when we were there we saw another truck very close by. We went there and found out they sell the same things, at either the same price or just a little cheaper.

We had 6 people, and tried shrimps from both. They were both very good. We ended up buying dinner, kind of split between the 2 trucks.

We ate at Giovanni's on the North Shore and I can still taste that shrimp...can't wait to go back and have more. Definitely the garlic shrimp at Giovanni's. In Kauai we stopped at the Shrimp Station and ordered the garlic shrimp as well - didn't like it as much but from what I understand they are known for their coconut shrimp.

At Giovanni's there is also a truck that does smoothies...well get the half of a pineapple....it was the perfect ending to our wonderful meal!

Another reviewer mentioned Fumi's which is supposed to be quite good and not as crowded as Giovanni's. I can't comment until we get there.........June, oh June, you are not coming fast enough !!

In Kauai we stopped at the Shrimp Station and ordered the garlic shrimp as well - didn't like it as much but from what I understand they are known for their coconut shrimp.

I had the coconut shrimp! Yum :D

We were in Maui last year on a land-based vacation. We found its lone Shrimp truck at that time - Geste Shrimp Truck. It was located on Kahului Beach Road near Maui Community College. There were a few food trucks there too.

The Hawaiian Scampi and Spicy Pinapple were delicious!! It came with rice and macaroni/crab salad. YUM! They weren't around during Sundays and Mondays though but that may have changed. Only way we found them was through this #808.298.7109 and GPS coordinates that I don't have right now but can get for you if needed.

Totally agree on the Paia Fish Market too. Awesome little place with great food. Hubby loved the Obama burger (ono fish with wasabi sauce).

Sorry if the picture is a little much - I couldn't resize it. Have fun!

mauigeste2.jpg

Here are a few pictures from the Shrimp Truck in Kahuku (near the sugar mill). I believe the price was around $12.00 a plate. Only 3 options: Garlic Scampi, Butter and Lemon, and something spicy hot. We got the Butter and Lemon to share, but would have preferred the garlic (that you could smell from afar).

The drive is longer than you think, if you decide to stop along the way.

I tried to attach photos from Giovanni's but getting error messages.

Been reading about the shrimp trucks and we HAVE to try them. Does anyone know where they are located on Oahu and Maui?

After googling along the Kamehameha Highway in Oahu, I came across THE SHRIMP SHACK. We haven't been there, but this is on my list of stops when we go there this April. Check out the menu at http://www.shrimpshackoahu.com and the great reviews! Note that it is located on the east side of the island, just south of the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Archived