Ama River Cruise-Won Free Cruise

tashaw1234

I am going to offer a little different perspective...

The days will be shorter in November, and depending on how much time you are cruising during the day, you might find that the $700/pp might not get you much. River boats do dock side-by-each in port, so you may be docked up against another boat and not able to see much out of your balcony. The weather may be such (ie: quite cool...)that you may not want to open the door.

Some people will not travel without a French balcony - and if you won the cruise then the $1400 to upgrade still makes it a very cheap holiday. But, the room sizes (except for the suites) are all the same, and you have the same meals, linens etc. You do have a window - although it will be small.

Whatever you choose - I am sure you will have a great holiday... Congratulations!!!

Fran

I am going to offer a little different perspective...

The days will be shorter in November, and depending on how much time you are cruising during the day, you might find that the $700/pp might not get you much. River boats do dock side-by-each in port, so you may be docked up against another boat and not able to see much out of your balcony. The weather may be such (ie: quite cool...)that you may not want to open the door.

Some people will not travel without a French balcony - and if you won the cruise then the $1400 to upgrade still makes it a very cheap holiday. But, the room sizes (except for the suites) are all the same, and you have the same meals, linens etc. You do have a window - although it will be small.

Whatever you choose - I am sure you will have a great holiday... Congratulations!!!

Fran

I agree with Fran. We are often in Europe in November and have done 3 river cruises at that time of year. I would put the money towards airfare personally and not spend it on the balcony.

Archived