Curious to Know

CRUISE4JANE

We go on cruises every 3-4 yrs. After this cruise will have gone to every island in Western,Eastern and Southern Caribbean. So next one will be Alaska, but have to wait on that a bit. :)

We go on land trips all the other times. Fell in love with snorkeling 5yrs ago, so have to get my "fix" every few yrs. Been to STJ, beaches are amazing but expensive place, and spending a week, having to watch out for bugs,spiders and no-see-ums can get tiresome.

We are beach lovers so any place with a beach/pool and warm temps is for us.

The Fl Keys are wonderful, iffy on snorkeling (have to go out in ocean,so depends on wave action) and most beaches have lots of sea grass in water,but the whole area is the best for laying by the pool, listening to reggae at night & having some great seafood, and just relaxin. Not impressed with Key West though.

We only cruise once a year on a 7-8 night cruise and then do at least 1 land trip. Last year we cruised in April and then did a land trip to Thailand for 2 weeks. I think cruising is the best way to get the most bang for your buck and see different ports all on one trip. Then you can decide which island you loved enough to go back to and stay awhile:D

I do both, land and cruise trips, love them both! Cruising is a great semi-all inclusive sort of vacation but there is a lot to say about having a land base and the ability to visit many sites in one area.

I am very curious to know if any of you ever go on any vacations other than cruises. I hear that some of you go on cruises several times a year and can't understand why. I like cruises, but most of my vacations are on land.

Since we discovered cruising in 2000, that's been it for us. We love the motion of the ocean, the sounds, the sights, the activities, and waking up in different tropical ports. We think we'd be bored at an all inclusive. We can sit on a beach for only so long before we go stir-crazy.

We have been to DC to visit our son. We also fly to the our ports pre-cruise and spend a day or so there.

We LOVE cruising and would cruise more than once a year if we could. DH only gets one week of vacation per year and thats how he wants to spend it. I get 3 weeks vacation, so last year I took a trip to California to see my sister for a week and then did the Med cruise. This year I am going to Hawaii with my Mom and my sister and then DH and I are doing a doomsday cruise in December! :D

We do Disney (I am obsessed) almost every January for our anniversary, last year we were able to take enough time to throw a 5 night cruise in the middle of our 10 days at Disney. We LOVED it and are doing it again next January. Other than that, I have family in Indianapolis who I visit 3-4x a year and a daughter in Cali, so I don't have time for much else right now (darned mortgage is so annoying, they make me pay it every month! lol). There is a lot of land AND cruising on the "the list" though!

I am very curious to know if any of you ever go on any vacations other than cruises. I hear that some of you go on cruises several times a year and can't understand why. I like cruises, but most of my vacations are on land.

Yes. Our youngest son is into Nascar races....so we took a week and did all the Nascar garages and ended it with Talladega.

They go to Talladega twice a year. He has also been to Martinsville, the Daytona 500, Atlanta, Infineon (California), Bristol, Darlington... (some more than once).

We have also hit most of the Theme Parks and Water Parks when we had our Motorhome. In fact, we bought the motorhome thinking we would RV more and cruise less and ended up just doing a lot of BOTH.

We have also done things like take both the boys to Israel for two weeks, taken them snow skiing, road trips, resorts like The Cloister, The Greenbriar and SanDestin.

We are pretty much up for anything....any time!! :)

We are retired (and that doesn't free up quite as much time as you might think) and like both land and cruise vacations. We also like to mix land tours and cruising. Last May we did the "Imperial Cities" tour before a Baltic cruise both sponsored by Princess. As much trouble it is to fly these days we like to see more once we fly that far. We started in Budapest and also traveled to Prague, Vienna and Berlin before starting the cruise in Copenhagen. I think those types of vacations are nice.

For us it's the ability to see multiple islands without having to unpack and pack multiple times! Plus each time we go back to a particular port, we always try to do something different.

We love that we can do everything or nothing, be amongst crowds or lost in our little world, chill out, and have an awesome vacation!

That plus living in Florida gives us an opportunity to have our choice of five port cities to sail out of!

We usually cruise once a year for now until we retire in a couple years. we do land trips to visit the grandkids and take them places like Disney and we always do a week in Key West in october.

We cruise an average of 2 times per year and do bed-and-breakfast weekends throughout the rest of the year. Occasionally have a trip related to an event, but this is usually our routine.

Cruising is the ONLY place we don't take work things with us, so it's a priority on our relaxation list!

We don't go on that many cruises. We like to take our kids to different places so they can experience different things.

We just spent 10 days at Disney World over Christmas/New Years which was fun. We've also taken them to Hawaii, Washington DC, Branson, Boston/Cape Cod, many places in Florida, and their favorite, rented a beach house off the coast of North Carolina.

As much as we love cruising, we also love seeing different parts of the U.S. as well.

We bought a trailer 3 ago and used it each summer since the purchase. The kids love traveling to the different states. We have done most of the western states to the mid west. The wife and I try to get our feet wet every couple of years on the short cruises over a weekend. The cruise we will take in July will be the first 7 day cruise as a family. They have been on the Disney 3 day, but this will be their first 7 day. They are soo excited.

I'm a teacher so I have all summer off. Planning a beach trip with a friend, a trip to the mountains with another. Dh and I are planning a cross country train trip to visit our oldest dd in Oregon (neither one of us like to fly - bad, bad, bad experience). Plus random weekend trips here and there. Cruising is my favorite, tho.

We have to take short vacations due to DH's job.

His employer gets upset if he takes 7 days.

We did a 7 day cruise with two days at WDW a few years back and his supervisor complained about it and brought it up at staff meetings for over a year.

When the kids were little we did a lot a camping and hiking.

We took them to every historic site in driving distance.

Our first real vacation with the kids was to Chattanooga.

We took them to Ashville.

A trip to Williamsburg.

And I don't even know how many times we went to WDW.

We tried to make everything fun and educational.

We have taken them all on several cruises.

But with each of them having a spouse now we just can't do it very often.

They all love cruising.

So we're old and tired and DH has a really bad knee.

The knee has cut out hiking and any recreation that involves much walking.

Cruising is easy.

We have not cruised since 2005. We took a land vacation every year after that. Jamaica (disaster, will never go back), Virgin Islands - hands down the best vacations ever, but expensive. Then East Coast to be with family when times were tough. Now we are giving the cruise another try since we have a few extra dollars, but not enough for the VI's. :)

Cruising is the only real relaxation for me. I own an RV but new husband doesn't like "camping". My son's a teenager and has moved on to other things. In the RV, my chores from home just followed me...I still had to cook, clean, make beds, take care of laundry, set up camp, tear down camp. I always needed a vacation to recover from my vacation. I've had enough years of that! Put me on a cruise ship and I'm a "Happy Camper"!

Because it's a bargain! Cruising is so economical compared to a land vacation. I look at other options, but usually just end up booking another cruise.

I did spend 2 weeks in Jamaica last summer though and had a blast! I got $99 airfare and rented a cabin on the beach in Negril for around $40 a night...

Archived