Stock OBC and switching people/cabins questions.

stargate fan

I am hoping that only people who have handled our experiences will answer my questions.

We are taking a cruise with DH's mom, his sisters, and their hubbies; nine of us total. DM-i-L, a past guest, has a single cabin, and we are all splitting the cost for that. One of DH's DS and DB-i-L and we are past Carnival cruisers. The other two DS and DB-i-L are not. Our PVP booked us one past guest and one non per cabin. I know we can go to Guest Services upon embarkation and change so we each get the spend the nights with our correct spouses. :D

Add to that - DH and I own Carnival stock; it's in both of our names. My understanding is that, since DH and I are booked in separate cabins, we will each get $50 OBC. (It's a four day cruise.)

Question 1)

When we fix our cabin assignments at Guest Services, will we get new gold cards, new blue cards, or just have the mag strip on our existing gold cards reformatted? (I do not want to walk around with two cards-one for the door and one for expenditures. I want one card only.)

Question 2)

Will the stock OBC be attached to DH's and my folios or will they be split between our temporary roommates as well?

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks.

Issue one, correct me if these statements are wrong :)

You have 100 shares of Carnival stock which you hold jointly.

You have two cabins, shareholder A is in cabin #1 and shareholder B is in cabin #2.

The shareholder benefit requires you have 100 shares and there is only one benefit per shareholder occupied stateroom.

In my mind, you are entitled to ONE $50 credit if you only have 100 shares. If you have more than 100 ~ I don't know. I think Firefly will know and hopefully she'll be along to answer this.

Having said all this, you can try to submit it and see what happens. You might want to send the request on different days so they don't collide and ruin your chances.

As for blue plastic vs. gold plastic, I don't know!

we own 100 shares of Carnival stock. Do we still get 75 free minutes of internet as was done in the past (we got that on our last Cruise 2 years ago)

And in regards to the $50 OBC stock holders now get-- is it in lieu of the free internet, or in addition to?

Thanks for the answers.

Issue one, correct me if these statements are wrong :)

You have 100 shares of Carnival stock which you hold jointly.

You have two cabins, shareholder A is in cabin #1 and shareholder B is in cabin #2.

The shareholder benefit requires you have 100 shares and there is only one benefit per shareholder occupied stateroom.

In my mind, you are entitled to ONE $50 credit if you only have 100 shares. If you have more than 100 ~ I don't know. I think Firefly will know and hopefully she'll be along to answer this.

Having said all this, you can try to submit it and see what happens. You might want to send the request on different days so they don't collide and ruin your chances.

As for blue plastic vs. gold plastic, I don't know!

They will NOT get two shareholder OBC even though they are in seperate rooms. . You are correct !

We sailed with my mother-in-law in the cabin next to us but booked her with DH to get the past passenger rate. Guest services gave DH an extra card for my cabin. He kept the one for her cabin and had to use it for charging things. (He found out the hard way that the key card for my cabin couldn't be used to order a drink when he was in the hot tub. He carried both cards at all times after that.) They told us that they couldn't have one card keyed to open both doors. I'm not certain what guest services will do if you only need access to one cabin.

We sailed with my mother-in-law in the cabin next to us but booked her with DH to get the past passenger rate. Guest services gave DH an extra card for my cabin. He kept the one for her cabin and had to use it for charging things. (He found out the hard way that the key card for my cabin couldn't be used to order a drink when he was in the hot tub. He carried both cards at all times after that.) They told us that they couldn't have one card keyed to open both doors. I'm not certain what guest services will do if you only need access to one cabin.

I only want my Dear Husband to have one key so he will be able to open the door to our cabin. We have no interest in, nor need access to, his sister's cabin.

Add to that - DH and I own Carnival stock; it's in both of our names. My understanding is that, since DH and I are booked in separate cabins, we will each get $50 OBC. (It's a four day cruise.)

If you own it jointly, in the same account, you are only entitled to one shareholder's OBC, not two. They might or might not catch you.

You would have to own it separately in two different accounts, with 100 in your name and 100 in his name to qualify for two OBCs.

Archived