Which dining room on the Coral

LaurieCM

If I remember correctly from our cruise in October the Provence Dining Room on Fiesta deck 6 is for Traditional seating and the Bordeax Dining Room on Plaza deck 5 is for Anytime dining.

If I remember correctly from our cruise in October the Provence Dining Room on Fiesta deck 6 is for Traditional seating and the Bordeax Dining Room on Plaza deck 5 is for Anytime dining.

That is what it was in January. However, Bordeaux was used for some early seating for traditional dining since they had such a large request for early traditional. This did create a small back log during the first couple of days of the cruise but soon sorted itself out and everyone was generally seated in a short time for anytime.

• 3 weeks later...
Just go off of the Coral, Tuesday, the Anytime Dining is in the Bordeaux and the Traditional is in the Provence.

We are going on the Island to Alaska but it is the same as the Coral in layout and organisation I thought? Could you please give me an idea of the following:

Is traditional dining on the coral or island a little more dressy than Anytime dining or is there no difference?

If you do late traditional dining do you miss the show every evening?

On the formal night can you go to Sabatini's and not dress formally?

Thanks.

We are going on the Island to Alaska but it is the same as the Coral in layout and organisation I thought? Could you please give me an idea of the following:

Is traditional dining on the coral or island a little more dressy than Anytime dining or is there no difference?

If you do late traditional dining do you miss the show every evening?

On the formal night can you go to Sabatini's and not dress formally?

Thanks.

The variables affecting relative dressiness at dinner are really more related to length of cruise/itinerary than ship or dining assignment. My Coral cruise had people who tended to dress very well indeed (lots of tuxes on formal night) but it was a 15-day holiday cruise. From what I've read here, the Alaska week-long itineraries seem to see fewer tuxes, as well as more jeans on non-formal nights. As for the difference in attire between Anytime and Traditional, the dress code is the same, so it's really down to who's feeling like wearing what in each group on any given evening. In all my cruises, I've never noticed a sharp divide in terms of dress between the two.

The show times are geared for first and second seating. I only went to one show on my sailing and I had no trouble making it after second seating, with time to spare. That said, some of the 9pm shows might leave you skipping dessert or eating quickly, but those are the ones in the smaller lounges and tend to be things I skip (magicians, hypnotists, game shows etc.).

Yes, the dress code in specialty restaurants is resort-casual all nights.

Hope this all helps. You'll love the Island, I'm sure -- best ships in the fleet!

Thanks so much for that info.

If you choose traditional dining does that mean you have to go to fixed breakfast and lunch times in the Province Dining room too?

No, breakfast and lunch are always open seating -- and may actually be in the other dining room (I'm sorry; I can't remember -- I always eat the same thing for breakfast, so all the breakfasts blur together!). Which dining room it is will be listed in the Patter, though, with the hours for each meal.

No, breakfast and lunch are always open seating -- and may actually be in the other dining room (I'm sorry; I can't remember -- I always eat the same thing for breakfast, so all the breakfasts blur together!). Which dining room it is will be listed in the Patter, though, with the hours for each meal.

Thanks now I just have to make a decision :):):)

Archived