Luggage Valet & Baggage fees

How are the baggage fees handled with this service? I ask because we are flying Delta and have their AMEX card which means we have no baggage fees (as long as we only have 2 bags total). I don't want to sign up for this service, which sounds great by the way, only to find out that we got charged bag fees when we shouldn't have. Should we bypass using Luggage Valet because of this reason? Is there another way to get our boarding passes while on the ship if we don't do this?

You don't have to sign up for the service until later in the cruise. Meanwhile, go to guest relations with some kind of paperwork from Delta, such as a printed copy of your flight itin that shows you paid no luggage charges on your flight to Fort Lauderdale. They should be able to work this out. If they can't, don't use the service.

Enjoy Oasis!

Rick

If you have booked round-trip it will show under your record locator. Take the luggage valet, it's great.

Jim

I agree. I have the AMEX card with free baggage and when I used luggage valet there was no baggage charge. I did not fill out any special form for this...it just automatically happened.

They had the luggage valet service for our Alaska cruise in 2006, and we decided not to get it. We put the regular tags on our luggage and put them outside our room as usual. The next morning, we couldn't find one of our pieces of luggage in the port. Time ran out, and we had to submit a claim with RCI. We found out later, the luggage handlers had put our bag with the valet group. Fortunately, they shipped it to our doorstep via UPS. But we learned. Never take anything you're worried about losing.

Archived