Skagway - is this plan too much repetition?

piratesmate

Planning to go with Dyea Dave in early morning for about 2 hours van tour out of Skagway. He will drop us off in Fraser and we'll take train back to Skagway (arriving 12:20 pm)

Then, we'll take a National Park Service tour with one of the rangers (free) around the Klondike Gold Rush National park.

Then, we'll take the Skagway Street Car Tour for 2 hours.

Has anyone done these tours? Are they all similar? Does the streetcar tour tell us the same things the National Park rangers say about town? Is the streetcar portion out of town similar to the Dyea Dave van tour?

Thanks. Skagway sounds interesting, I just don't want to do the same tour 3 different ways.

I personally think that you are trying to cram:mad: to much in one day.

You don't have leeway if something goes wrong. What happens if the van is late to Fraser . Since Fraser is in canada you need to pass thru CBPS.

Then when you come back from Fraser you'l need to pass USBP .

Any of these can delay you . Weather might delay you as well or 100 and one other things.

The Street car does not duplicate the NPS ranger walking tour, BUT, you will be required to sign up for these very limited number of slots. The sign ups start at in the am, and were full last year, by 9am (had a sign up). There is also a small museum,and worth while movie.

You would have some duplication between these three options. If of interest, then who cares??? It offers different perspectivies.

Can I sign up for the NPS 11 am tour at 7:30 am, when the visitor center opens?

If I miss the NPS guided tour, we'll just wander around on our own, so this isn't critical in the timing. I'm planning to take the 3:30 Trolley Tour, so we have lots of wiggle room.

I feel pretty confident that Dyea Dave knows how long it takes to do customs and will have us at the Fraser train on time.

Can I sign up for the NPS 11 am tour at 7:30 am, when the visitor center opens?

If I miss the NPS guided tour, we'll just wander around on our own, so this isn't critical in the timing. I'm planning to take the 3:30 Trolley Tour, so we have lots of wiggle room.

I feel pretty confident that Dyea Dave knows how long it takes to do customs and will have us at the Fraser train on time.

http://www.nps.gov/klgo/planyourvisit/guidedtours.htm

Archived