Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

I imagine someone on here has done the 8hr Montserrat tour? What's the difference between that and the 5hr? Wife and I are thinking of doing that when we get into BCN since we can't check in to the hotel until early afternoon. Do they put you with other people when they schedule these airport pickups?

We are doing the 5 hour Montserrat tour with BDT. I believe the difference between that and the 8 hour option, is that the latter includes a visit to a Cava winery.

Their web site answers these questions for you. They have two all-day tours that include Montserrat. One also cover the "highlights" of Barcelona, while the other includes a visit to a Cava winery. And they have a tour that is just of Barcelona.

If you have specific questions that are not answered on their web site, you ahould email them; I found them to be extremely responsive via email and helpful when we were setting up a private tour with them last year.

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/

Have a great trip!

Their web site answers these questions for you. They have two all-day tours that include Montserrat. One also cover the "highlights" of Barcelona, while the other includes a visit to a Cava winery. And they have a tour that is just of Barcelona.

If you have specific questions that are not answered on their web site, you ahould email them; I found them to be extremely responsive via email and helpful when we were setting up a private tour with them last year.

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/

Have a great trip!

I emailed on Tuesday with no response. Posted on CC. and had an answer in a couple hours.

I emailed on Tuesday with no response. Posted on CC. and had an answer in a couple hours.

Truly not like them. Sometimes there are problems with foreign emails and servers; on one of my cruises, we had several folks who could not get an email through to a tour operator in France. I could, no rhyme or reason.

This address worked for us:

info@barcelonadaytours.com

It's also the really busy season there, which could affect things.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I used Barcelona Day Tours this May in Barcelona (obviously!!) We took an all day tour private to Girona then on to Tossa de Mar. We were picked up at the cruise terminal with our bags in the morning and dropped off at our hotel about 8 hr later. We had a driver and a guide. The driver was always with the car and our bags. Our guide, Romina, a licensed guide, and driver Sergi were excellent. Romina did and excellent job with the tour and Sergi was a safe driver. The car used for the trip was very nice - I want one!!

Last May we also used Barcelona Day Tours. Again we were picked up at the cruise port and spent a full day with Christian driving us all over Barcelona. He was excellent and very knowledgeable. This time Christian drove his car and pointed out sights but he had to stay with the car and our bags so several times we were dropped off and he met us later. Great 8 hr! Last year we also did a small group tour of Monserrat and Cava- Friezenet vineyard. Excellent trip with van driver and licensed guide. The guide was VERY knowledgeable and the tour was small and personal - about 12 people. Pick up and drop off was part of the price. We will definitely use them again in 2016!!

If you book more than one tour with any of the related companies while in Spain, they will give you a discount. We used Spain Day Tours in Seville and then Barcelona Day Tours in Barcelona and they gave us a discount. Be sure to ask for it! Great folks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey there, while looking at the BDT website, they only quote prices for their semi-private tours. We are a family of four looking for private tours. (1/2 day in Barcelona and Full day in Montserrat/Cava) We are too late for just the driver and the price shot up over 250 Euros for the full day tour when they added the guide. Does this sound right? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not quite certain what you are asking. What's the total pp that you would be charged for the full day, private tour with driver and guide? As you saw from my post that you quoted, we paid 99E per person for a full day tour with guide and driver; there were 8 of us. Our guide was fabulous; definitely value added there.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked with Barcelona Day Tours post-TransAtlantic Cruise for April 2016. Look forward to it. doing the 8hr private tour, I've arranged for them to pick us up at the port and drop us off at our hotel at the end of the tour. I've also booked the Flamenco show with them as well. :D:D:D

I just booked with Barcelona Day Tours post-TransAtlantic Cruise for April 2016. Look forward to it. doing the 8hr private tour, I've arranged for them to pick us up at the port and drop us off at our hotel at the end of the tour. I've also booked the Flamenco show with them as well. :D:D:D

You will not be disappointed! We just came off the Equinox and did the full day including Monserrat. They promptly picked us up at the cruise port and brought us directly to our hotel at the end of the tour. The bus was very clean and our guide was very knowledgeable. Our driver was quick thinking and avoided a traffic jam because of a convention that was taking place near the port. We also used BDT for transportation to the airport at the end of our visit in Barcelona. Enjoy!

You will not be disappointed! We just came off the Equinox and did the full day including Monserrat. They promptly picked us up at the cruise port and brought us directly to our hotel at the end of the tour. The bus was very clean and our guide was very knowledgeable. Our driver was quick thinking and avoided a traffic jam because of a convention that was taking place near the port. We also used BDT for transportation to the airport at the end of our visit in Barcelona. Enjoy!

Glad to hear it and thank you for sharing your experience. Really looking forward to it. I've also booked the Flamenco show with them as well. I guess I should look into using them for airport transport. How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

Thank You,

Glad to hear it and thank you for sharing your experience. Really looking forward to it. I've also booked the Flamenco show with them as well. I guess I should look into using them for airport transport. How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

Thank You,

No problem! They charged 59 euros for the two of us.

Has anybody had trouble getting them to reply to emails? We are trying to book a tour for September but haven't been able to get a reply. Is there a different email address to use? How long should it be before we expect a reply? Thanks for any information.

I've been in constant contact with Julia. Have you tried contacting them directly from the website?

They told me they were in the peak booking season, so they are a little slower to respond. I would allow 24 hours. Plus remember the time difference depending on where you are.

The full day tour including Monserrat was actually full but they had a cancellation so I got the last 2 spots for that day. 4 ships in port on a Sat. doing shore excursions didn't help either.

I use this link to see how busy the ports are.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

We just came off EPIC last Sunday. My family had a wonderful tour with Lisa and Danny, the driver, to Montserrat and Art of Cava tour. Lisa greeted us warmly at the port terminal promptly and Danny was a safe driver. Lisa’s bubbly personality and historical knowledge base informed our family not only about the Monastery and the winery, but also pointed out the highlights of Barcelona as we headed out of town. Her easy going nature was welcomed as she prepared us with Catalonian history on the way to Montserrat. Once there she stayed with us at the monastery pointing out all the available sites and exhibits, including going into the church during Mass to see the Black Madonna. She even joined us on the hike to the cross on a very warm day, keeping us on a timeline to cover all of the sites we wanted to see and allowed us free time to explore on our own. During the Cava Tour which was such a treat to see, including the home of the winery and cellar. David showed us how the sparkling wine is produced from crushing of the grapes, bottling, fermentation with the old and new techniques for removing the yeast sediment from the bottles, how they are corked and labeled, followed by sampling the product. We were dropped off at our hotel and Lisa gave some recommendations about a local festival close to the Magical Fountains. This was an absolutely wonderful way to end our vacation in Barcelona.

We had exactly the same experience with BDT a few weeks ago. Lisa met us at the port and we went on the Monserrat and Cava tour. Eric, the winemaker, did the tour for us and it was really nice. We were dropped at our hotel at the end of the tour.

We also did a private, 1/2 day tour with them when we arrived in Barcelona prior to our cruise. The driver picked us up in a BMW and took us around Barcelona to see all the sites. We also went into Park Guell. This was expensive but a great way to get acclimated to the city and the time change.

I highly recommend them!

• 2 weeks later...
Our experience with Barcelona Day Tours was excellent and met all of our expectations. We took the Barcelona and Montserrat Tour with skip the line for Parc Guell – small group tour. Since the beginning when we booked online, Julia, advised us of the cost, and unlike other companies which want payment upfront, we were surprised that BDT only asked us just to pay for the entrance fee to Parc Guell (which they had to purchase first), and we could pay the balance on the day of the tour.

They picked us up on time at our hotel. Our tour guide, Jozef, switched around our itinerary, so we went touring Barcelona first, and then visited Montserrat in the afternoon, which we think was much better. Parc Guell was not too hot in the morning, and Montserrat was not too busy in the afternoon. We enjoyed the tour very much. It turned out that 10 (from the total of 12) passengers on the tour ended up on the same Princess Cruise to Venice. Since we already met them in our small group tour in Barcelona, we became friends with them at the cruise.

Sagrada Familia and Montserrat was the highlights of our day tour. We ended up visiting Sagrada Familia again the next day on our own and also visited the tower. This amazing Gaudi's masterpiece is not to be missed when visiting Barcelona.

Thank you Barcelona Day Tours for a memorable and enjoyable day.

This was my experience as well. They do that because they have to purchase the tickets in advance. which is perfectly fine with me.

I also booked the flamenco show with BDT, I had to pay that in full as well.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having difficulty getting them to respond to emails. We have an expensive private tour for our family booked and there are several unanswered questions (I.e. Do we want tickets for Sagrada Familia?, Which of these Cava Wineries do you want to visit?). I have emailed them 3 times in the last 5 days without a response. The last email I sent was just to their generic info@Barcelonadaytours.com. We leave for Europe in 2 days.

Would you be worried about this?

• 2 weeks later...

We used Barcelona Day tours in the past and were happy with them.

This year, I found them slow to respond to any emails and then, the price that was on their website became a different price all together and they nearly doubled a price on me.

Perhaps they are getting too popular, not sure. But, we nixed using them this year.

I booked a 8 hour tour. We are being picked up at the BCN airport. Then I found out I must check in on the Celebrity Equinox between 12pm and 4pm. Can Barcelona Day Tours

let us check in and than take the tour? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

You really should be asking BDT this, and getting your time table for the day very clear with them.

You have a full day tour on the day of embarkation? What's the all-board time? There will be a mandatory muster drill before sailing.

Are you on a private excursion (only you, in which case BDT can be more flexible), or are you sharing this with strangers and wondering whether BDT will interrupt a full day tour to take you to the ship so you can check in, and then resume the tour?

I booked an 8 hour tour. I found out that Celebrity says you must check in 12 to 4 pm. I thought that because the ship is docked in Barcelona for 2 days

I could check in at anytime. I was wondering if anybody had the same experience. I'm thinking I could check in first and than do the sightseeing.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was the Roll Call Leader for the Sept.1 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise from Venice to Barcelona. Our flight left the morning after we debarked on September 13th. What to do? I found the above tour on line and decided to start a group for others who had the same situation. I had already set up small group tours at other ports as well. I was blown away be the itinerary and the convenience of having our luggage picked up at the pier and delivered to our hotels!

Was it too good to be true? Well, 11 others from our Roll call signed up and others wanted to, but there was a 14 person maximum as I found out, because of Luggage storage. The mid size bus was more than comfortable inside, it was luxurious with wooden floors and leather seats. It was very maneuverable and we had a great driver. Our charming guide Elena was personable, extremely knowledgeable and spoke fluent English.

The bus arrived on time at the port and we were soon off to Montserrat. All I can say is we were all blown away by the beauty and majesty of this place.

We spent some time with Elena, then she gave us free time to walk about, take the funicular, eat, etc. You could spend a whole day here easily. We then went back to Barcelona and hit the highlights just as they advertised and we had varied amounts of time to walk around the sites depending on their importance. Great picture opportunities abounded. We finished at Park Guell which was almost as amazing as La Sagrada Familia. You must pay the extra 10 eu for this park. I will not go over every stop but our wonderful guide gave us terrific input throughout the 8 full hours of the tour, and then we were deposited at our hotels as promised.

Everyone on board gave me Big Kudos for setting up this tour, but the real Kudos goes to Spain Day Tours and their wonderful guide Elena.:):):)

Bill