Where's my refund??

tdcjerry

Since the 3/18 and 3/25 Caribbean Princess cruises I have seen a 25% future cruise credit put on my account ( that will cost Princess $0 until it is used) now I wait for my cruise fare refund, it was paid in full in early Jan. so now that they have had my money for over 2 months how long before they give it back? I have already booked and paid for another cruise the week of the 3/25 with NCL.

My last check was 1 claim of a Princess refund for CC posters. Princess told me 2 to 4 weeks before a refund, now 1 in three days, someone needs to get it together.

Be patient. It's not so much Princess' time frame as how long it takes your CC Bank to process the refund. Some will do it in 3 days, some 5 weeks depending on if the transaction gets audited by the fraud department (over $500 for a non-card-present transaction triggers a review at most banks, some have slightly different ranges - automated reviews are fast but a random number get kicked to a human).

This is why Princess says 2-4 or even 6 weeks, once they have issued the refund transaction they can't control how long it takes till you get it.

Is there a time period that you have to use for the 25% Future Cruise Credit? Did Princess pay for your air or air change fee if you did not pruchase through Princess?

My sister is booked on the April 1st and is worried it might be cancelled also.

Is there a time period that you have to use for the 25% Future Cruise Credit? Did Princess pay for your air or air change fee if you did not pruchase through Princess?

My sister is booked on the April 1st and is worried it might be cancelled also.

Our credit is good until 12/31/13 it is on your my Princess page

Since the 3/18 and 3/25 Caribbean Princess cruises I have seen a 25% future cruise credit put on my account ( that will cost Princess $0 until it is used) now I wait for my cruise fare refund, it was paid in full in early Jan. so now that they have had my money for over 2 months how long before they give it back? I have already booked and paid for another cruise the week of the 3/25 with NCL.

My last check was 1 claim of a Princess refund for CC posters. Princess told me 2 to 4 weeks before a refund, now 1 in three days, someone needs to get it together.

Three additional people have posted on the boards that their refunds have already posted to their accounts since you first asked this same question last night in the Roll Call. Your refund should be forthcoming soon, but as Loonbeam noted, it depends on your bank and their fraud triggers. Please do come back and let everyone know when your bank processes your refund.

Eta-lovetravel101 was posting while I was typing, and she is one of the three I referred to.

I did get my deposit back from the dive company in St Lucia that told me the cruise was canceled before Princess told me, not the same CC this was on Chase, CITI seems to have issues about credits being on the books. If they give me the credit I will have a - balance, the cant charge interest on that, so keep the + balance on the card and make a few cents.

I did get my deposit back from the dive company in St Lucia that told me the cruise was canceled before Princess told me, not the same CC this was on Chase, CITI seems to have issues about credits being on the books. If they give me the credit I will have a - balance, the cant charge interest on that, so keep the + balance on the card and make a few cents.

Who knows... they may even send you a check in lieu of the credit!

I have not yet received mine. I did send airline fee receipts to them today. I'm curious as to how those will be refunded.

Who did you send your airline fees to? I need to get $300 back. I sent them a email last week and they said they will get back to me in 1 to 2 weeks, where have I heard that before??

Who did you send your airline fees to? I need to get $300 back. I sent them a email last week and they said they will get back to me in 1 to 2 weeks, where have I heard that before??

I sent an email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

the fax # is 1-661-284-4771

My travel agent called to get the info for me and he was told it was an insurance issue, he called the insurance co and they said the cruise line was responsible, he called the cruise line back and was giving the above fax # and email address.

Laura

I also received the 1-2 week autogenerated response...

I sent an email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

the fax # is 1-661-284-4771

My travel agent called to get the info for me and he was told it was an insurance issue, he called the insurance co and they said the cruise line was responsible, he called the cruise line back and was giving the above fax # and email address.

Laura

I also received the 1-2 week autogenerated response...

Thank you :)

Archived