Med cruise in October? what's weather like?

jewelinthesand

We've been in the Med in October and late November. The weather has always been lovely warm and sunny and no problem with getting into ports.

I guess this will vary but on our cruise last year from 18th - 28th November (when the weather should be worse than October) we had temps in the early to mid 20's and only 10 minutes of rain the whole ten days, no problems at sea either!

I think some times if seas are a bit rough they have a problem with getting tenders in Santorini.

October weather was warmer than November :)

Rarely is there any rough water in the med. That hapens in the atlantic off africa. It is a lake for the most part...to calm.

The weather is like indian summer here maybe a little rain in Northern Italy but very dry elsewhre

Forcasting weather is like guessing lottery numbers. Dont ever worry about it till 24 hours prior. :rolleyes:

My experience was temps of 70's to mid 80's and rain one night. Seas were calm. It's a crapshoot however as crew members told me it rained all but one day the previous week. I wouldn't base decisions on weather other than Sept-Oct and May-June probably will be the best. It can rain 4 or 5 days in a week most anywhere but the odds of it happening are not very high, unless you're in the Northwest--------------Happy Cruising

My experience was temps of 70's to mid 80's and rain one night. Seas were calm. It's a crapshoot however as crew members told me it rained all but one day the previous week. I wouldn't base decisions on weather other than Sept-Oct and May-June probably will be the best. It can rain 4 or 5 days in a week most anywhere but the odds of it happening are not very high, unless you're in the Northwest--------------Happy Cruising

What, it rains in the Northwest????:)

We have done Med. cruises the past 2 years - one in early Oct. and the other at the end. For the most part the weather was great - actually a little too hot for me on the early Oct. one. However we were not able to get into Nice on our scheduled day, very strong wind and bumpy seas, we sailed on to Barcelona instead and it was rocking. The other unpleasant day was at the end of Oct. docked in Istanbul - RAINED and RAINED, cold, miserable which was such a shame but the rest of the trip was delightful. We were on Santorini Nov. 1 and in Athens Nov. 2nd - warm and sunny, great sightseeing weather. Enjoy your cruise!

We've been to the Med three times. Once in the Spring and twice in the Fall. I would suggest, if possible, that you cruise in September instead of October. All of our tour guides told us that October begins their rainy season. I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I've cruised the med 3 years in a row in October and had about 97% great weather. Borderline warm to hot in the beginning of october and at the end borderline comfortable to cool depending on the year. We usually leave the 1st week of oct and come home in the 20's of oct somewhere. Love going that time of year, weather wise.

You're booking September - so expect warm to hot weather for most part.

We've been to the Med three times. Once in the Spring and twice in the Fall. I would suggest, if possible, that you cruise in September instead of October. All of our tour guides told us that October begins their rainy season. I hope this helps.

Of my 3 years going I've had maybe 3 or 4 days out of the 30-40 that were rainy - so I dont know if that tour guide was accurate - else, they were talking about another region? My cruises have been italy/greece/turkey/spain.

Archived