Transatlantics that start or end in Rome

LisaH

I saw that Celebrity posted some TAs for Fall of 2013 but I do not see any that start or end in Rome...just UK. Does that mean there won't be any of those next Fall or are they just not out yet?

Thanks...

I saw that Celebrity posted some TAs for Fall of 2013 but I do not see any that start or end in Rome...just UK. Does that mean there won't be any of those next Fall or are they just not out yet?

Thanks...

:confused:

Have they done a T/A to Rome before? Usually T/As end up somewhere on the Atlantic coast, not in the Med.

Northern Europe cruises opened for booking last week. The remainder of Europe, which would include Rome and Barcelona TAs are scheduled to open this week.

We've done TAs starting in both Rome and BCN. Assuming they follow the precedent of past years, I prefer the ports on BCN cruises, but prefer Rome over BCN for a starting point. However, this is strictly personal preference, and your feelings could well be exactly opposite. In either case you just can't go wrong with a transatlantic cruise on Celebrity (or any cruise for that matter).

Harris

Denver, CO

We did a TA from Rome in Nov 09 on Solstice and had a grand time. We did the previous E Med cruise Rome-Rome, and then stayed on and returned to Ft Lauderdale...that way, we got to see E and W Med. Fantastic. Spent a few days in Rome before.

This Nov, we do a Reflection out of Venice to Barcelona then Barcelona to FLL. One positive of leaving from Barcelona as your embark port over Rome is, the ship terminal is very close to downtown Barcelona, and Rome you have a longer taxi/bus/train to the port from Rome...not a big deal, but does make it easier out of Barcelona, and we Love Barcelona!...(and Rome!). Just wait a few days and your selections should open up.

Den

Northern Europe cruises opened for booking last week. The remainder of Europe, which would include Rome and Barcelona TAs are scheduled to open this week.

We've done TAs starting in both Rome and BCN. Assuming they follow the precedent of past years, I prefer the ports on BCN cruises, but prefer Rome over BCN for a starting point. However, this is strictly personal preference, and your feelings could well be exactly opposite. In either case you just can't go wrong with a transatlantic cruise on Celebrity (or any cruise for that matter).

Harris

Denver, CO

Honestly, Rome is our top priority and whatever comes with that itin is an added bonus. We have a desire to go to Pompeii and Herculaneum (sp??). We would either arrive 4 days in advance or stay 4 days after...

I have no desire to be on a plane that long both ways so a TA is a great way to only have to have one flight.

Thanks all!!

I have no desire to be on a plane that long both ways so a TA is a great way to only have to have one flight.

Thanks all!!

I couldn't agree more. The best part is, with a little luck, and waiting for a Tuesday special, your transatlantic cruise can have a lower fare than your transatlantic airfare.

For Rome, do not hesitate to use the train for your transportation from Civitavecchia (the port city) to Rome itself. A lot of people pay upwards of 100 Euro for van service. The train is fast, comfortable, clean and scenic, for 4 Euro 10 cents per person. Once in Rome there are a number of multi-day passes you can buy that will let you access the trains in the metro area, the subways and trams, the city buses and a hop-on/hop-off bus.

Harris

Denver, CO

I couldn't agree more. The best part is, with a little luck, and waiting for a Tuesday special, your transatlantic cruise can have a lower fare than your transatlantic airfare.

For Rome, do not hesitate to use the train for your transportation from Civitavecchia (the port city) to Rome itself. A lot of people pay upwards of 100 Euro for van service. The train is fast, comfortable, clean and scenic, for 4 Euro 10 cents per person. Once in Rome there are a number of multi-day passes you can buy that will let you access the trains in the metro area, the subways and trams, the city buses and a hop-on/hop-off bus.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks so much. Someone else on another thread mentioned the trains as well and that they were easy to navigate and use. It would be a fun adventure and since we would not be time constrained we could take our time.

Archived