Rude PVP

tlcs

I just got off the phone with my PVP. I called her to inquire about a price drop. I was a little confused about how to find out if the price dropped for us. She was so rude, I'm still in shock! She told me that she cant check any existing bookings and is only taking calls for new bookings. (we've booked 2 cruises from her) I asked her if she could call me back and she huffed..(I let that huff go as well as several more before I said something) I said is there a way for me to look it up and be sure I'm looking at the correct price, and she said, "your going to get me in trouble" and huffed again. She then said she'd look up our booking, told me the price and all I said is "does that included tax" and she huffed again and started yelling at me! :eek: I reminded her that I suggested she call me back and she said "how can I with you asking so many questions" OMG, What?? I was just trying to find a price and get some help from my PVP. I was very polite until she kept huffing and said I was causing trouble..again, What?? I told her never mind and that I couldn't believe how rude she was, to have a good day and hung up.

I really wasn't trying to cause trouble. She was very rude from the start of the phone conversation. She's always been nice in the past, and I'm sure she's under pressure at work, but to speak to anyone the way she did was unacceptable.

Now what..we don't need her again for anything right? Our cruise is booked and paid for so I'm guessing we don't need her services any longer? I had a couple other questions, but I guess she won't be answering them now :cool:.

This is more of a vent than anything, so thanks for letting me vent!

Is your cruise cheaper and did you get the credit?

As for your PVP, you could do a couple of things:

1) blow it off and assume she is under some kind of crazy stress and/or quota

2) call her back tomorrow and tell her that you are a customer and will not be spoken to that way and see if she explains/apologizes

3) report her

I personally would do number 2 and then see what happens and if I want to proceed to number 3.

OP I would try talking to her tomorrow and if she wasnt that rude, then I would take steps to change and ask to speak to her supervisor. .... luckily my PVP is always nice.

while it is true if you booked ES they are not supposed to handle price drops, mine always answers questions... even not related to my own booking.

Sorry your PVP is having a bad day~!

You can use this link to check for prices on your cruise~ http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer be sure and fill everything out~ and click on the GO button (using the enter key does not work) if you see a fare that is lower than what you're paying now (these prices on the fareviewer DO NOT have taxes/government fees added) then click on CONTINUE button and you will see all the different categories~

I had the same experience with my PVP. When she called me to ask if I was interested in booking a cruise (I'd been doing false bookings), she couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I had a $1367 cruise credit from having two family members cancel from our January cruise. She assured me that she would take care of getting me the cruise credit applied to our new cruise, that she would make notes on what was going on, etc. etc. When my credit hadn't happened in the next month, I tried to call her and she didn't answer, so I just asked someone else. They said there were no notes, had to explain the whole complicated affair again. I called her last week and she was very curt, stating that she couldn't handle that part of my cruise and gave me a 800 number to call. I told her at that point that I thought that her attitude was less than helpful, and from now on if I needed help, I would just call the Carnival number and talk to whomever answered the phone. I told her too that I found her to be oh so friendly and helpful when booking the cruise, but worthless from that point on and hung up on her. When I called that number, I had to once again go through the whole spiel again, but the lady was very nice and helpful. She took my pvp's name and stated she would certainly contact her supervisor. Within two days, I checked my payment due and found that finally the credit had been applied. I think pvp's are only helpful and friendly when they are trying to book your cruise; after that, forget it.:mad:

First of all why call the PVP, when Price reductions have been a VERY LIVELY topic of conversation on this board. There has been a wealth of information the last week or so.

It's so simple to do a fake booking and it will tell you what the rate is. How confusing can that be? It's pretty clear!

I've done it 4 times in the last 2 weeks and I'm not the most computer savy person.

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure yet if I'll bother calling her back..I might just wash my hands of her and just never use her again. I'm sorry so many of you have had a bad experience with a pvp, but I'm glad I'm not alone.

Beerman2; I'm glad it's so easy for you!! Congratulations! I however was a bit confused on something and was calling my pvp with a price drop question PLUS a couple other questions..isn't that what they are there for? Sorry I'm not as smart as you! :cool:

Funny you start this thread - I was just thinking of starting a thread that said, "am I expecting too much from my PVP?" I have had the same PVP for at least 12 years. She has been with CCL for a very long time; but sometimes, I just do not think that she does the very best she can for us. She never checks for price drops and gives us a courtesy call to let us know what is going on..........she always invites me to check everyday and give her a call; but I think that is her job. Maybe I'm wrong - she's NOT a TA; but CCL markets them in that way.

A couple of years ago, I actually caught her in a lie. She quoted me a price - I went to all of my fellow cruisers that I was researching for, and then when I was ready to book - she denied ever quoting those prices to me. Now granted, I know we are all human and make mistakes; but I had written down the proper info that she had given me and I had her on speaker phone when she was speaking and DH heard everything she said. I was terribly upset and the next time I was ready to book - I didn't call her. I just called the 1-800# and hoped for the best. What a NIGHTMARE - the next three PVP's I got were even worse than what I thought I had experienced.

I went back to the original PVP and all is well, although I still think that she doesn't do the best she can for us and we cruise typically at least, twice a year.

Sleep on your situation tonight and call you PVP back tomorrow. As you have said, they are terribly stressed and work incredible hours! Maybe it was just an off day for her.

The grass is not always greener.

One other thing I failed to mention earlier - no matter how many times that I have disagreed with my PVP - SHE HAS NEVER BEEN RUDE TO ME!

First of all why call the PVP, when Price reductions have been a VERY LIVELY topic of conversation on this board. There has been a wealth of information the last week or so.

It's so simple to do a fake booking and it will tell you what the rate is. How confusing can that be? It's pretty clear!

I've done it 4 times in the last 2 weeks and I'm not the most computer savy person.

we're happy for you but not all people are computer savy and feel unsure the first time they try something new. Hopefully, we are here to give people help, not give them a lecture about their perceived shortcomings.

pat

Beerman2; I'm glad it's so easy for you!! Congratulations! I however was a bit confused on something and was calling my pvp with a price drop question PLUS a couple other questions..isn't that what they are there for? Sorry I'm not as smart as you! :cool:

My thoughts exactly...way to be supportive Beerman2!

Something is awry with PVP's these days. I've had four or five over the years and some really good ones. Unfortunately, the really good ones either move up or most move OUT. The last one I had sounds eerily similar to what I'm hearing in this thread.

We had probably booked 15 cruises with her and referred numerous people to her and some time ago the service started slipping...little things... and the attitude started showing. It developed into a full blown lack of service and a really nasty attitude. I was also told one day that she didn't have time to cancel a cruise for me because there was a sale going on. What? Um, OK. I gave her an inch and said no problem, call my office on Monday when the sale is over. TWO weeks later, numerous calls and emails I was still trying to cancel that cruise. Her supervisor was even less help than she was (although nicer to speak to.). More than once I was told someone would call me back within the hour. BTW - That's new code for "I'm going to get you off the phone."

After the two cruises we have still on the books which will be #27 and #28 with Carnival, we're moving on. They will be the last line i hope to book in the future. The PVP was the straw that broke the camels back.

These people are not travel agents, they are sales people for Carnival. Some of them will act as a travel agent but their only job is to sell as many cruises as they can, not to take care of people after the sale. If you want the services that a TA provides then you should use one, otherwise you are just a number to your PVP.

Tics and all others!

I was just stating the facts of what has been on these boards.

Nowhere did I say I was smarter than anyone. As a matter of Fact I SAID I WAS NOT computer savy, but while doing research on THESE BOARDS it was a simple process.

we LOVE our PVP and wouldn't trade him.....in the beginning, when rules were less stringent, I would call wiith a question and he would always check fares before we go off the phone....HE got me over $400 in credits on my 1st cruise......since then, we talked about our foster chldren and he's even emailed me links about online training for forster care continuing education when you don't have the schedule to attend local training....he's wonderful! I never feel rushed with him, but I know he is there to SELL cruises so I try not to take too much of his time.

I have a great PVP. He has always called to let me know about upcoming sales but last year he went above and beyond. He called last February to let me know about a terrific sale and when I told him and that we would not be cruising for a while, he wanted to know if he had done something wrong. I explained to him that I was currently going thru chemo so everything else was on hold. We spoke for quite a while, he asked alot of questions about what type of cancer, when were the chemo treatments, would radiation be used too and so forth. When we hung up, I figured he was just wandering when he would be able to book another cruise, but low and behold he called me after every chemo and throughout my radiation treatments to offer encouragement. Pretty cool :)

WOW, I guess we have been lucky with our pvp's.

The first one was great, he always had time for us and he's the one who told us about cruise critic. He also gave us many good tips. He retired a couple of years ago and we again got a great pvp. This guy is younger and he will help us with any question and if he doesn't know the answer he will find out the answer and get back to us. When we talk to him he acts like he has all the time in the world and loves helping us.

If your pvp is rude or doesn't do a good job for you ask for a new one. If they get to many complaints I'm sure they won't be there for long.

Archived