Adventure Ocean....

Hi.... How does the staff at AO contact you if your kids need to be picked up before a set time?

...I'd heard phones were available on the Allure? Does anyone know what the charge is and how good they are?

First time our daughter used AO she was 4 and they gave us a pager. The following year they said they only had enough pagers for the smaller kids so since she was among the oldest in her group and had used AO before they didn't give us one. But in either case, the pagers were only for the very youngest group (3 to 5).

Yes they have dect phones you can rent but they have very few. you have to be one of the first on the ship to rent one. we boarded at 1130 and they were already out of then. also rumor has it that it is over 1000$ to replace if you lose it.

They call your cabin. My friends had their 7 yr old DD in AO and she started crying when she was kicked twice by another girl. They couldn't calm her and after some time decided to call the cabin.

Thankfully, we were all out and about the ship and the dad decided to peek in and check on his girl. Found her sobbing and took her right out. Don't know how they would have found us otherwise though - we had no plans to be back in the cabins until much later that night.

They call your cabin. My friends had their 7 yr old DD in AO and she started crying when she was kicked twice by another girl. They couldn't calm her and after some time decided to call the cabin.

Thankfully, we were all out and about the ship and the dad decided to peek in and check on his girl. Found her sobbing and took her right out. Don't know how they would have found us otherwise though - we had no plans to be back in the cabins until much later that night.

If the situation were serious enough they probably would have paged you over the PA system. Since hearing such a page might be extremely worrisome for parents, I expect that they would only resort to it as a final measure.

Archived