What is your favorite moment of a cruise?

Is it totally insane for me to say waiting in the check-in line? lol. That is when the excitement is almost more than I can bear!

I am taking my kids for the first time in May, and I cannot wait for the "WOW!" that is coming when they first get near Allure. :)

I'm with you. I love to see the desk clerk hold up the little sign and know its for me. That's when its real. I love every other moment, but it starts with the little sign.:o

It's a progression.

First is when the final payment is made and we've compelted on-line check-in. That's when it feels REAL.

Next feeling when I leave work for the last day before vacation begins.

Then the feeling when the luggage is all packed and all the travel documents are checked and airline boarding passes are printed.

The reality really sets in when we're in the airport terminal waiting to board. That's when I give my first sigh of real relief.

The absolute BEST is when we step on board the ship. All the build-up and anticipation. For us, a cruise vacation is more than a year in the making. Saving, planning, anticipation. No matter what happens after we set foot on that ship, even if our luggage doesn't make it, is OK.

WE'RE ON THE SHIP!

I hadn't thought of it this way, but you are so right! I especially love that feeling of walking out of the office knowing that I can just leave all the stress behind. Oh! Wait a minute, I know this may not apply to everyone, but that great feeling when you pass your pager over to the person who's covering for you. Then you leave the office! Ahhhhh, freedom!!!

Thanks for mentioning this. I am smiling from ear to ear. :D

I'm with you. I love to see the desk clerk hold up the little sign and know its for me. That's when its real. I love every other moment, but it starts with the little sign.:o

In Miami we have this same woman who has been there for years. She wears a big straw hat with lots of colorful flowers. Is there someone like that at your ports? It's one of those fun anticipatory moments when you see her there.

In Miami we have this same woman who has been there for years. She wears a big straw hat with lots of colorful flowers. Is there someone like that at your ports? It's one of those fun anticipatory moments when you see her there.

Aahhhh... The Hat Lady! Ya gotta love her!!

I thought of another one I like: Picking out my cruise clothes. Dh and I coordinate our dinner attire to semi-match, and I get pumped when laying out all our clothes and getting them ready to put in the suitcase. We usually go shopping at Ross too, for a new outfit.

Reading this thread has got me so ready to go!! Just a few more days!!

We love the moment when you first inhale that "cruise smell". It's the same smell on all the RCI ships (not so much the Celebrity ones). We take a big sniff as we exit the boarding ramp and go, "Ahhhh, it's a cruise". We board with a dreamy smile on our faces.

What's your moment?

I love to hear the ships horn as we leave port the first time

For us, it is walking across the "final" gangplank that connects the Ports building to the body of the ship ... which offiically puts us *ON* the ship.

Michael and Silke

Yes, this is our favorite moment, too! So exciting ...

For us, it's a bit different........it's the feeling of the cruising friends that we have met in the past, who are aboard, and with us again.

It's the staff that knows us, the suite attendant that is waiting there....with something special, because she/he remembers everything that we want, and it's there for us.

It's a different world for me.......who still works, but when I'm able to cruise......we know people, and it's just a different world.

The "ding" is just passing from the land to the ship, for me. It's the people aboard........like a home away from home!:D;)

Rick

For us, it's a bit different........it's the feeling of the cruising friends that we have met in the past, who are aboard, and with us again.

It's the staff that knows us, the suite attendant that is waiting there....with something special, because she/he remembers everything that we want, and it's there for us.

It's a different world for me.......who still works, but when I'm able to cruise......we know people, and it's just a different world.

The "ding" is just passing from the land to the ship, for me. It's the people aboard........like a home away from home!:D;)

Rick

Hey Rick, how are you guys doing? Long time no sea...

Hey Rick, how are you guys doing? Long time no sea...

When are we cruising again?? We miss you two.....might have to make a land trip, since Royal Caribbean is so cheap that they won't put a canal between our states!!:D

Our best to your bride.....Bonnie!

I love it when check in is complete, they've swiped the credit cards, checked the paperwork and everything is in order. They hand over the sea-pass cards and we are officially going! Then the best bit of all- we pass the sign saying "To the ship" From then on there is nothing but good times ahead. I love it!

I will never ever forget my first cruise. Getting picked up from Pop Century in the Town Car, driving to Port Canaveral. The excitement in the car was awesome. Then arriving at port and seeing the ship (Mariner of the Seas back then) and seeing how beautiful, big and magical she looked. My friend and I still talk about it. We will be doing exactly this again this Christmas but this time we will get to experience Freedom of the Seas.......sigh how many more Fridays???????? :)

Nothing for me like that first morning you wake up and don't see any land. I walk up to the top deck very early with a cup of coffee and just relax.:rolleyes:

Maybe not my favorite part of the cruise but that is without a doubt my favorite part of the day. If I slept in, even one single morning of the cruise, and missed my early morning walk out on deck with a cup of coffee I would feel so disappointed in myself. It is about as close to heaven as I can get on earth.

Archived