Waitlisted for Your Time Dining

janiss815

Hi, we are going on the Liberty in a couple of weeks and when I made the reservation I selected Early Dining...then last week it dawned on me that Early Dining is too restrictive with 2 kids. I figured it would be best to have flexibility on when we dine because sometimes you just never know with a 5 year old and a 9 year old. So I logged in at carnival.com and changed my dining preference to Your Time. Now it shows up as "waitlisted." I assumed we will be granted (they'll have to feed us dinner after all). But I'm just curious, what is the purpose of the waitlist and is there a chance we won't get Your Time dining? And can I go back to my original Early Dining reservation -- it doesn't appear so on the website.

We wanted ATD last year on the Dream and were on the waitlist when I booked it. We never did get ATD. When we got onto the ship we were assigned early dining. We went to the Maitre'd and were still unable to change. It turned out great because our tablemates were a great group of people that we probably wouldn't have met otherwise. I wish you luck on getting the dining time you want. :)

Hi, we are going on the Liberty in a couple of weeks and when I made the reservation I selected Early Dining...then last week it dawned on me that Early Dining is too restrictive with 2 kids. I figured it would be best to have flexibility on when we dine because sometimes you just never know with a 5 year old and a 9 year old. So I logged in at carnival.com and changed my dining preference to Your Time. Now it shows up as "waitlisted." I assumed we will be granted (they'll have to feed us dinner after all). But I'm just curious, what is the purpose of the waitlist and is there a chance we won't get Your Time dining? And can I go back to my original Early Dining reservation -- it doesn't appear so on the website.

Your Time Dining is always waitlisted this close to a cruise because Platinum guests get guaranteed dining times as a perk and they may have late bookings or have someone change their mind and want YTD.

It is probably unlikely that you will actually be moved to YTD. It has become a very popular option and fills up rather quickly. I've read recently of more and more people's requests being denied.

And BTW, even when your dining time on the website says "confirmed" it only means that your preference of dining time is confirmed, not that you will actually get that dining time. Again, only Platinum and above are guaranteed dining times.

You will find out which dining option you got as soon as you receive your Sign and Sail cards. If they say something other than Your Time Dining, head on over to the Maitre D' around 1:30pm at the assigned dining room, and ask if it is possible to be moved to YTD. Hopefully they will be able to accommodate you!

We took "your time" dining because early seating was waitlisted before our cruise this month on the Fantasy. I did not want to risk getting second seating since DH's mother was with us. My TA told me that if we did not go with "your time" dining, there was the possibility of it getting waitlisted as well--and that we would be assigned second seating.

Personally I would keep the early seating with 2 kids. The waiters get to know them, they will fall all over them, giving them lots of attention and remembering their drink/food requests. I believe it would make a more memorable cruise experience for them.:)

ATD is very impersonal. Fine for adults, but it's like going in a restaurant, some servers are better than others.

We sail this Sunday on the Glory and have had one cabin out of the three we booked clear the waitlist for the anytime dining. I'm not picky about what dining we get but it would be nice to have our group of ten at least have the same time. Looks like we will be making a trip to try to change once on board :(

What is the latest you can enter MDR for the 6pm early dining?

To be polite, probably no later than 6:15. But realitically, I've seen people come in closer to 6:30 and still be let in. Much after that and you will probably be turned away.

Archived