Paris to LE Harve?

samar

We recently booked the Paris to Stockholm trip on Nautica departing LeHarve on September 2nd. We took the air deviation and plan on spending a few days in Paris prior to the cruise. I checked the railroad for transportation to LE Harve and received this error message '"Our online rail system can't find tickets and schedules for this trip."

As we selected the deviation, we are not eligible for transfers. I always thought there was a train connection between LE Harve and Paris. What am I doing wrong?

As we selected the deviation, we are not eligible for transfers. I always thought there was a train connection between LE Harve and Paris. What am I doing wrong?

could be your spelling

try Le Havre

My experience has been that they won't quote times/prices further in advance than 2 months (although we were able to book our CDG to Aix-en-Provence tickets in January for April 12th).

What you can do is just ask for times/prices within the two month time frame. That at least gives you an idea of what trains might be available, times to destination, etc.

And keep on checking!

Mura

No - I only spelled it wrong on the post. But I did find the problem, they have not released the tickets for September 2nd yet.

Sorry I am not privy to your computer ...it was a suggestion GEEZ :eek:

I had a quick look on the main French SNCF site for you...the current timetable runs out on 2nd July & shows several direct trains from Paris-St Lazare to Le Havre. I also checked for trains on Sundays after 2/7 & there are trains loaded but all show a change - there is no reference to engineering works/line closure, so I think that maybe they haven't loaded the longer direct trains yet. Here's the Sunday timetable they are running up until 2/7......

Dimanche 03/06

Départ à :

08h50

De la gare de :

PARIS SAINT LAZARE

Arrivée à :

10h57

A la gare de :

LE HAVRE GARE

Transporteur :

intercites-2012.gif

Numéro du train :

Services à bord

Période

Durée 02h07

Dimanche 03/06

Départ à :

14h50

De la gare de :

PARIS SAINT LAZARE

Arrivée à :

16h57

A la gare de :

LE HAVRE GARE

Transporteur :

intercites-2012.gif

Numéro du train :

Services à bord

Période

Durée 02h07

Dimanche 03/06

Départ à :

17h50

De la gare de :

PARIS SAINT LAZARE

Arrivée à :

19h57

A la gare de :

LE HAVRE GARE

Transporteur :

intercites-2012.gif

Numéro du train :

Services à bord

Période

Durée 02h07

Dimanche 03/06

Départ à :

19h50

De la gare de :

PARIS SAINT LAZARE

Arrivée à :

21h57

A la gare de :

LE HAVRE GARE

Transporteur :

intercites-2012.gif

Numéro du train :

Services à bord

Période

Durée 02h07

Dimanche 03/06

Départ à :

21h20

De la gare de :

PARIS SAINT LAZARE

Arrivée à :

23h43

A la gare de :

LE HAVRE GARE

Transporteur :

intercites-2012.gif

Numéro du train :

Services à bord

Période

Durée 02h23

• 11 months later...

If anyone has taken the train from Saint Lazare to Le Harve with luggage I would like to know how difficult it was. I'm joining my ship at it's first port of call so I can spend a week in Paris first. I'm very comfortable with Paris, metros, buses, train...but never with luggage...... for 26 days at sea. I assume there are no porters to assist with luggage?

Would appreciate any feedback on anyway who managed this with luggage. I'm traveling solo.

Thanx all

Jen

Jen, I've done the reverse (Le Havre to Paris) last year. No porters, you carry your luggage on with you and take it off yourself.

We had no major problem. Put our luggage in one of the racks provided (you have to board early though to ensure there is room) and then sat where we could keep an eye on it. Not everyone on French trains is trustworthy.

You will need to get a cab from Le havre train station to port but I am sure there will be plenty available.

Also take some food and a bottle of water with you.

Thanks Dean,

I appreciate you sharing your experience. It should be an interesting day...dragging and guarding luggage. I'm sure I will manage. :)

Jen

Jen, I've done the reverse (Le Havre to Paris) last year. No porters, you carry your luggage on with you and take it off yourself.

We had no major problem. Put our luggage in one of the racks provided (you have to board early though to ensure there is room) and then sat where we could keep an eye on it. Not everyone on French trains is trustworthy.

You will need to get a cab from Le havre train station to port but I am sure there will be plenty available.

Also take some food and a bottle of water with you.

Archived