update mariner status for previous Carnival cruise

NoobCruise

They will look back to date of your birth :) if you wish IF you have appropriate information to assist in their verifying you actually cruised.

If you have ship name and date, there should be no problem having it credited. If you have your boarding slip/passenger ID, that would be very helpful.

You cannot expect they would do a complete search of all sailings etc if you have no evidence to provide.

I rummaged around through my "archives" and found our Princess #'s, called HAL...and found that they already had us listed as Mariners. This will be our 5th cruise (prior are 3 Princess, one Carnival), so what status is that?

Adding to the confusion, on our recent N.A. cruise, we were probably within the first 200 people to board. When I asked for an invitation to that day's dining room lunch, the lady checking us in informed me the invitations were "all gone" except for those for four star Mariners. Undetered, we proceeded to the dining room and were seated without question.

We did receive the invitation for the Mariner's Brunch (this was our third HAL cruise), which was on the last sea day. And our gifts were the ship's tiles.

I think it's sad that HAL Seattle/Mariner Society introduced a new rewards/benefits program like 3 years ago, and continues to promote the benefits in brochures and in email and snail mail, yet people report back that the benefits are not extended to passengers in a consistent manner. Witness the above comments in this thread ... invited/not invited to Mariner brunch or embarkation lunch, given a tile or not, blah, blah, blah. We, having sailed HAL several times, were turned away from the embarkation lunch on one occasion because the MDR was being used to host a party/luncheon for travel agents. When I returned, I called the Mariner Society ... and the nice lady explained that ships had latitude in how they carried out the program. What?

I do feel that if HAL ships are unable to deliver, on a consistent basis, that which Seattle has promoted as a Mariner benefit ... HAL should re-assess the program and mandate it be carried out without exception across the fleet. If that means that certain events, such as the embarkation lunch or Mariner Brunch are offered only to those who actually have sailed HAL at least once, so be it. If that means that the embarkation lunch is available only to those of a certain star status, so be it. But at least if they deliver what they promise, people won't have this pathetic and confused feeling of perhaps being overlooked or not being given the benefits promised by HAL's well-promoted Mariner Program.

Perhaps HAL figures "don't sweat the small stuff" ... but they also need consider "don't bite the hand that feeds you."

One benefit, not mentioned yet , is that sometimes if you have a Mariner number you may get better pricing.

I have sailed Carnival and when I was looking at booking HAL I called HAL direct. They could tell I sailed Carnival and gave me my Mariner number...which then would make the third person in the stateroom only $99.00 ( if I remember right the normal 3rd person rate was $899.00 )

So then I talked to a TA..but they could not offer the $99.00 rate ..and even though the first two people were cheaper, overall it was higher.

Back to HAL I went and booked direct.

Archived