3-22-12 Thursday Weigh In - Spring has Sprung

shootr

A tribute to Belle, who makes us smile each and every week,

Where is she this morning, it's midday and not a peep.

So a try I shall give, feeble as it may be,

to try and spin a poem, a ditty for all to see.

Was this week a keeper, or one to just forget,

did you lose a pound or two, or did the evil scale win the bet?

Did you remember to hug a loved one, or take a walk hand in hand,

were you able to make a smile, or run your fingers through the sand?

Losing can sap our spirit, if we let it take a hold,

but the result at the finish line, will make you feel like gold!

So don't forget to pause, watch the spring sun set tonight,

Think about how good it feels to win the weight loss fight.

All the best to my “loser” friends!

Yeah, I'm a little giddy. Was 189 before the cruise first of the month, and today I hit 188, which means I'm right back on track. Maybe a break does something to the process. I still have the same dietary intake, upped the cardio a little, but this week was a really solid loss effort.

Yeah, I'm a little giddy. Was 189 before the cruise first of the month, and today I hit 188, which means I'm right back on track. Maybe a break does something to the process. I still have the same dietary intake, upped the cardio a little, but this week was a really solid loss effort.

I am a firm believer in breaking the process from time to time to keep the loss going strong. I was a continuous loser and never stalled once when I was in weight loss mode. I watched others that obsessed with being always on plan (same plan) and they struggled while I occasionally had a nice dinner/weekend or even a 1 week vacation no worries and found that the weight just always kept dropping. Or maybe I was just lucky.

I weighed myself this week and was shocked to find out that I've unintentionally lost 4 more pounds due to being overly cautious about my food the last few weeks. I think I may have become motivated to lose yet another 4 so I can say I hit the 100 mark.

weight.png

We leave on November 29th. In the next 8 months I plan to lose 40 pounds. Way doable, right? Keep me honest and let's get started. I'm at 190 today. And i'll start posting every Thursday.

OK, but if you fall behind we break out the rubber hoses...

:D

I kid, I kid! Welcome aboard.

Not me, I'm majorly PO'd! Spent half the day kayaking in the beautiful sunshine with my kids, paddled over 5 miles (10 miles total for the week!). Decided to hit Sonic afterwards. A double cheeseburger came in at 1370 calories!!! In N Out's is "only" 600. What the heck do they put in those things???

Broke a promise I made to myself, don't assume, check first the calorie count. You just can't let your guard down for a second with processed foods.

That is awesome Jan, it's a good kind of sore, ain't it!

It's nice to have a good kind of sore!!! Today I vac'ed the whole house, did dishes, mopped the kitchen floor and played with the dog. (all before 10:00) -- Its drizzling outside today, can't work in the garden, perhaps I'll hit the gym later.

shootr - do your restaurants have calorie counts on the menus? Ours have to, and it is amazing at the calories - I really watch Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's. I don't have the same problem with Uno's or 99's. I avoid Chili's as I've had too many lousy meals.

I've told DH that starting Monday I am really going to track food and stop having dessert and/or wine in the evenings.

Why is it so easy to gain weight and so hard to lose it?:rolleyes: Jan

No they don't list anything here. I use myfitnesspal religiously, their database has everything - the foods, their nutritional value, etc. But I left my smartphone at home so it didn't unintentionally go swimming, so I guessed.

I can't rave enough about myfitnesspal, though. I don't think I have ever stumped it - do a search with the restaurant name and the items title and it'll show up. If you have a smartphone, you can scan barcodes on packages and it will pull the item up immediately. You can use it on the computer, iPad, and smartphones - it's all tied together and syncs constantly.

You just can't let your guard down, there is so much bad food outweighing the good it's ridiculous.

I'm over it now, I'd like to think that the exercise - all of it this week and the past months, won't make a drastic difference in a week long check-in.

Hi all!

Jan ~ WTG! I think that's the secret exercise plus cutting out desserts & drinks.

shootr ~ I love my Fitness Pal too. You rarely find a food it doesn't know.

Welcome to the new people! The more the merrier (except when talking about pounds!):D

I feel so proud of myself! We had lunch after Church today & all I had was a cup of coffee resisting lovely rolled sandwiches & yummy looking desserts. I think I'll find one of the desserts in the store & see how many calories are in it . Some desserts just aren't worth the calories, IMO.

Have a great week!

~ JOo~ :)

Just got back to work and got access to a computer. Ended last week at 160!

Yes!!! 15 more to go.

Made a new dress over the weekend and had to keep cutting it down to make it fit. Luckily it has ties so I can make it smaller as I lose more weight. :D

Lot's of good this week ('cept me). Good job to everyone that resists the temptations, and keeps the eye on the prize.

For my part, 39:55 just now. Nice.

Anybody try L-Glutamine? I started using it in a protein shake after these runs and they really keep the soreness at bay (that usually comes a day or two later).

Archived