Looking for a cruise in May: Bermuda or Behamas?

GateGuardian

As long as you are going late May, I would always pick Bermuda over the Bahamas. Too early in May they seem to have a better chance of jellyfish and the water is not as warm.

I'm sure we have room for you on the May 27 Star sailing.;):)

Looking at either the Star or the Gem? I've been on the Star before so leaning at the gem, but the prices for suites on the Star is so tempting!

Is Nassau or King's Warf a better place to visit in May?

I prefer Bermuda for three whole days. Doesn't matter when in May you go.

You had better hurry and book since the prices are starting to go up.

I originally wanted to go on the Star on April 29th but the suite category I wanted wasn't available a few weeks ago so I booked the week after.

Good luck.

While I LOVED my 2/26 cruise on the GEM I would definitely pick Bermuda as the Gem's ports are not as interesting by a long shot.

I so agree. Florida, private island & Bahmas. Much prefer beautiful BERMUDA.

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Bermuda! It is so nice to be able to stay there and truly enjoy the island for 3 full days. That said, I love Nassau, too. May is PERFECT Bahamas weather. We used to go to the Atlantis every year in May. Our favorite time of year to go there!

Whatever you pick, you will have a great time.

Happy Planning!!!

I would go to the Bahamas since we love it but only if they would get rid of the private island and Orlando. Imagine 3 days in the Bahamas?! :)

Last cruise we didn't even get to go to Nassau. Only got Stirrup Cay and Florida. :mad: (ship was a day late coming to NY)

Arriving in Bermuda on Wednesday morning and being able to come and go on the ship up until Friday afternoon is fantastic! :D

Similar threads have turned up same outcome - almost everyone recommends Bermuda over the Bahamas.

Our Sept Bermuda cruise got re-routed due to hurricanes and we had to do the Bahamas route. Nassau is awful unless you want to go to the beach. There, I said it.

I have gone on both cruises~~would do the Bermuda in May~~it was great weather and three days in Bermuda~~did Florida and the Bahamas last November on the Gem. I did the Bermuda one on the Dawn! I saw nothing much when we stopped in Florida! Enjoy!:)

Looking at either the Star or the Gem? I've been on the Star before so leaning at the gem, but the prices for suites on the Star is so tempting!

Is Nassau or King's Warf a better place to visit in May?

bermuda beats nassau in every way imaginable. in its beauty, culture and amazing locals. with three days in bermuda, kings warf is not the only place you can go and explore!

the public transportation is easy to understand, especially coming from a girl who has never taken a bus in her life except to school, and even then i stopped once i got to high school.

there is so much to do in bermuda, going for a fourth time this summer, and i know at the end of my three days there i wont be satisfied and i will have to go back again!

Thanks guys. I was planning on a seeing the Kennedy Space Station, but may moved that to a non-cruise vacation :P Also couldn't figure out what to do in Nassau and wouldn't prob. wait for private island when the lazy river is completed.

this is a little debate that's been going on in my head for a few months now. Thanks for all the input. Sounds like it's bermuda. Now if i can book the trip on the breakaway... The dawn is much cheaper, though. Uh oh, another debate!:rolleyes:

dawn!!! :d ;)

This is a little debate that's been going on in my head for a few months now. Thanks for all the input. Sounds like it's Bermuda. Now if I can book the trip on the Breakaway... The Dawn is much cheaper, though. Uh oh, another debate!:rolleyes:

im sure the breakaway will be incredible, but to save money and go on an amazing boat, to me is the best choice. more money to spend in bermuda especially when you consider how expensive everything is there, 8$ for a budlight!

Archived