Lounge chairs on B4 extended Balconies

Anna201213

We have booked a B4 stateroom with extended balcony on the Riviera. I read some thread that people would appreciate to have lounge chairs. Does someone know if it will be possible to get if we ask for?

The chairs that are standard issue on a Penthouse veranda already recline as a lounge chair would:

092443.jpg they may be able to bring in something along the lines of an ottoman, so that you may raise your feet, as Holland America does. 092929.jpg You certainly have the room for it. 141225.jpg

The B4 we had just had regular chairs

http://image87.webshots.com/87/1/81/77/2337181770101934561zGkqIb_fs.jpg

You could always ask for the others ..but then everyone would want them :D

A premium is charged for a balcony, so making people comfortable while on that balcony is not unreasonable- if the balcony is large enough for a lounger or ottoman, it is a reasonable request. We have asked for one on the 6 cruise lines on which we travel and have never been denied.

A premium is charged for a balcony, so making people comfortable while on that balcony is not unreasonable- if the balcony is large enough for a lounger or ottoman, it is a reasonable request. We have asked for one on the 6 cruise lines on which we travel and have never been denied.

The premium that people pay for PH are a lot more than a B4 so the higher priced cabins get the loungers while the lower Cat get chairs

It is like asking for things the people in suites get when you are in the lowest priced cabins......they want to comfortable too

You get what you pay for

The premium that people pay for PH are a lot more than a B4 so the higher priced cabins get the loungers while the lower Cat get chairs

It is like asking for things the people in suites get when you are in the lowest priced cabins......they want to comfortable too

You get what you pay for

I disagree with you I don't want a butler or other PH Privilege we have the room for ottoman or lounge chairs on B4 extended balconies so why not. Just take a look to thread #5 six cruise line have never denied this request.

You know everybody can have a lounge chair on the pool deck.

I disagree with you I don't want a butler or other PH Privilege we have the room for ottoman or lounge chairs on B4 extended balconies so why not. Just take a look to thread #5 six cruise line have never denied this request.

You know everybody can have a lounge chair on the pool deck.

You may certainly ask for anything that you think appropriate, but I think that what LHT was trying to get at is that there are THIRTY "extended Veranda" B4 Cabins, on deck 7.

210817.jpg

While the staff will certainly be interested in accommodating your request, I hope that you will consider what a gargantuan task it could be, if they had to get SIXTY lounges down 5 decks, maneuver them through the halls, and then through those cabins.

If it were ME (and I am only speaking for ME!), I'd approach this situation with an upfront gratuity.....and hope for the best :p

We too are booked on the Riviera (Feb. 2013) in a B4. as we are celebrating a milestone anniversary aboard I phoned Oceania to request a lounge chair & was told the B4s on Riviera are all being stocked with 1 are part of original setup. So perhaps someone on the inaugural cruise could report back to us all?

Having these balconies without nice loungers is a bit of a waste (IMO).

Having created these balconies, I think its incumbent on O to properly furnish all 30 of them with two nice loungers. This would make the customers happy and the staff wouldn't have to be bothered moving furniture every cruise.

Edit: Didn't see ComoCruisers comment while I was typing this. Looks like they're moving in this direction.

We too are booked on the Riviera (Feb. 2013) in a B4. as we are celebrating a milestone anniversary aboard I phoned Oceania to request a lounge chair & was told the B4s on Riviera are all being stocked with 1 are part of original setup. So perhaps someone on the inaugural cruise could report back to us all?

Will let you know on May 6th!

Even if I have to hang over the side :eek:

035405.jpg

Well maybe they will just put the lounger type chair that are in PH suites in all the balcony cabins

If the B4's get them why not all the other cabin Cat with a balcony :rolleyes:

Lyn

Well maybe they will just put the lounger type chair that are in PH suites in all the balcony cabins

If the B4's get them why not all the other cabin Cat with a balcony :rolleyes:

Lyn

Because only B4 extended balconies are enough roomy for lounge chairs

Because only B4 extended balconies are enough roomy for lounge chairs

The lounger chairs that Jim posted a picture above for PH cabins would fit on other balcony cabins

If you are talking full lounger like on the pool deck then yes they would not fit on the other balconies

You get what you pay for

You are calling a lounge chair a luxury item? I assume you are kidding. Expecting to sit in comfort on the balcony you paid for is asking too much?

You are calling a lounge chair a luxury item? I assume you are kidding

not calling it anything ..just stating facts

The higher priced cabins get better stuff .....from the post from COMOCRUISER above it may be a moot point in the future

Just a thought!!

Maybe they could charge more the the extended balcony cabins & then put real loungers on them

A jacuzzi tub would fit on the larger balconies also ..maybe we can get one of those also :rolleyes:

A jacuzzi would be great! LOL

I guess if they are planning on putting a lounger on the balcony, management felt it was a reasonable request, too. It was not too long ago when the same discussion was about refrigerators, an amenity found even in the cheapest cabins on the mainstream cruise lines.

If we had a B4 category then we would ask for lounge chairs as there is plenty of space.

On one of our Marina cruises we were on deck 8 right at the very front (in one of the 2 balcony staterooms sandwiched between the Vista suites).

The deck space was incredible, so we asked our attendant if it was possible to have loungers: he said no problem and brought a couple down for us. Not heavy to carry and no problem getting them through the room onto the balcony.They were the same as the ones on the pool deck, not those lovely penthouse ones.

We enjoyed them for the entire cruise. Certainly added to our reasons why we prefer Oceania.

We do have a B4 booked for a Riviera cruise in February, round trip from Miami. As we drive to the pier, I suppose we can bring along our own foldable lounge chairs for the balcony, if they will not be provided - LOL. That is the only amenity that I really want that is included in the PH level, but for the four thousand dollar difference in price, I can bring my own lounge chair - instead of BYOB, it will be BYOC. Such ridiculousness, but I would love to see the faces of the Oceania staff as we bring these onboard. If it is a real issue, how about increasing the prices of the balconies where loungers would fit by a few dollars a cruise? It would pay for itself in a couple of months and then be pure profit and it would stop the cabin stewards from lugging them into the cabins each week. They can even be the plastic variety, instead of the nicer ones in the PH, so those shelling out the big bucks for the cabins with loungers can still have a nicer product.

They can even be the plastic variety, instead of the nicer ones in the PH, so those shelling out the big bucks for the cabins with loungers can still have a nicer product.

PH cabins do not have the lay flat lounger like on the pool deck they are chairs that recline as in the picture that Jim posted above

I am sure the staff would just offer to carry your folding lounger for you :rolleyes:

Lyn

We do have a B4 booked for a Riviera cruise in February, round trip from Miami. As we drive to the pier, I suppose we can bring along our own foldable lounge chairs for the balcony, if they will not be provided - LOL. That is the only amenity that I really want that is included in the PH level, but for the four thousand dollar difference in price, I can bring my own lounge chair - instead of BYOB, it will be BYOC. Such ridiculousness, but I would love to see the faces of the Oceania staff as we bring these onboard. If it is a real issue, how about increasing the prices of the balconies where loungers would fit by a few dollars a cruise? It would pay for itself in a couple of months and then be pure profit and it would stop the cabin stewards from lugging them into the cabins each week. They can even be the plastic variety, instead of the nicer ones in the PH, so those shelling out the big bucks for the cabins with loungers can still have a nicer product.

In actuality, the primary reason why these B4's have the veranda amenities that they do, is because market research has shown that "FAIR MINDED" American Clients, are put out when others buying the same type of cabin are provided with something that they do not have.

There are, after all, some people who do zero research, and will have no idea that there are ANY cabin or veranda variations. They may feel blindsided by "extras" that fall to the extended veranda cabins, putting Oceania into a tough spot. Who IS right in a case like that? That argument can go around and around forever.

Therefore, the conventional wisdom has been that if everyone cannot have it, then no one may have it (except on a case by case "exception" basis).

As Benita has pointed out, the other option is to change the cabin category and raise the fares for the extended verandas. Does anybody want that? :eek:

The funny thing is, the extended veranda cabins are the least expensive of all the balcony cabins. A premium is placed on central location and higher decks, so although the balconies are larger, they cost less. I like the idea of the larger balcony, but really booked it because of the lower price. I suppose the people a couple of doors down will see that although they are in a higher priced cabin, their balcony is smaller. I am sure that once people realize this, the B4 cabins will probably be the first to be sold for those who want a "B" level cabin. It is a tradeoff - larger balcony, poorer location. Allowing people the comfort of being able to lie out on their balcony instead of competing for a lounge chair around the pool would increase the availability of poolside chairs (unless Oceania is carrying them back and forth to cabins), so there would be less problems with "chair hogs" as many of us would just relax on the balcony, which is why we wanted a balcony in the first place. Providing a large balcony, and then denying a reasonable furnishing may take away the jealousy factor, but then it makes the staff on the ship have to say no when people ask for it, which would be an uncomfortable situation bound to repeat itself sailing after sailing.

I suppose Oceania can make the B4 cabin a B1, or even an A1 and change the pricing accordingly and give a lounger, but there is only so much a chair is worth.

Interesting dilemma. I don't mind a chair that does not recline, but really want to put my feet up, so I suppose I can move back and forth the small table by the couch in the cabin and use that, but the wear and tear would make Oceania have to replace it more often, costing them probably more than the lounger.

I think it is wonderful that our lives are so good that this is what worries us. I am not being sarcastic, just happy that this is my biggest problem when it comes to sailing my favorite cruise line.

Archived