Carnival certificate

Carol999

While on the ship I purchased that deal of buy your 100.00 voucher for next year and we will match it.

Now, I could have sworn last year when we did, they matched the 100.00,and also gave us a 100.00 ship credit.

The guy insisted we have never done that, that its only ever been just the 100.00 ship credit. Anyone remmber like I did? They matched my 100.00 for the cruise , plus the ship credit of 100.00?

While on the ship I purchased that deal of buy your 100.00 voucher for next year and we will match it.

Now, I could have sworn last year when we did, they matched the 100.00,and also gave us a 100.00 ship credit.

The guy insisted we have never done that, that its only ever been just the 100.00 ship credit. Anyone remmber like I did? They matched my 100.00 for the cruise , plus the ship credit of 100.00?

Yes, it's as you remember it. I think the situation might just be getting slightly confused though.

The $100 you paid is applied to the cruise cost, and then you are given $100 OBC.

So if you upcoming cruise cost $500, you'd have $100 applied to the cost, making it $400, and then you'd have $100 OBC waiting for you when you board.

Duane-O

It has never been match 100.00 plus 100.00=300

all you are actually are doing is applying the $100 you paid to your cruise deposit, then when you sail , you have $100 obc.

so my $100 cruise certificate will get me $100 off my cruise and also $100 obc on my 7 day cruise??

That is a great deal

Hmmm when I booked my cruise ES rate - I paid my $250 pp deposit didn't use the certificate??? My pvp said to apply it when I make my final payment

It doesn't matter when you use it I used mine edited the final payment and it took $100 of the balance so instead of owing $1500 I made a final payment of $1400.

It doesn't matter when you use it I used mine edited the final payment and it took $100 of the balance so instead of owing $1500 I made a final payment of $1400.

Good to know that is what we were told to do also - and you also got $100 obc?

Like someone else said, "It depends on how long the cruise is" I did a 4 night cruise in February and I only got $50 onboard credit. Basically what ever you pay for the certificate, it will be applied to your balance on next cruise then the bonus is the onboard credit.

Like someone else said, "It depends on how long the cruise is" I did a 4 night cruise in February and I only got $50 onboard credit. Basically what ever you pay for the certificate, it will be applied to your balance on next cruise then the bonus is the onboard credit.

True. We are on a 15 day Hawaii cruise and the OBC is $200 per cabin

Hmmm when I booked my cruise ES rate - I paid my $250 pp deposit didn't use the certificate??? My pvp said to apply it when I make my final payment

I would apply it now so that your final payment is reduced by the $100. If you wait too long you might have to make the full payment and then get the $100 credited

Debbie

Exactly. It's not a super great deal, but the extra OBC is nice. It's $50/$100 extra dollars that you didn't have before. "Some is better than none." is what my Mom used to say. (Sssh, don't tell her I was actually LISTENING to her!) :eek: :p

Exactly. It's not a super great deal, but the extra OBC is nice. It's $50/$100 extra dollars that you didn't have before. "Some is better than none." is what my Mom used to say. (Sssh, don't tell her I was actually LISTENING to her!) :eek: :p

I respectfully disagree. 50-200% return over initial investment IS a super great deal.

The OBC is applied to your sail and sign account after you're on the ship.

Not true. I just got my email today stating that my $100 cruise certificate was applied to the balance so now I do not have a balance and it shows that I already have an onboard credit of $50 that is already applied.

I would apply it now so that your final payment is reduced by the $100. If you wait too long you might have to make the full payment and then get the $100 credited

Debbie

I agree because I submitted my certificate 8 days ago and this is the email response I got back.

We received your submitted certicate number, however we are a bit behind in applying certificates. Please allow 3 – 4 weeks prior to sailing in order for your certificate to be applied. Once applied you will receive a response from us.

Should you need to check the status of your booking, please access Carnival’s website at WWW.CARNIVAL.COM and click on “Manage My Cruise”

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Admin Special Programs Department

Luckily it didnt take that long. I got an email today showing it had been applied and my balance is zero and I have an onboard credit of $50

My advice is to apply certificate as soon as possible.

We just bought one for the first time on our last cruise. I just used to book our next cruise. Used as part of our deposit. It was nice. Instead of coming up with $500 we just had to pay $400. Paying that $100 a few months back helped for this cruise. Our OBC of $100 is on our account. It was easy. I booked threw Carnival and the lady I talked to was very helpful. We will be buying another one on our next cruise! I like the free $100 OBC! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted my request online to apply the certificate and it only took 11 days to receive an email that is was accepted. My account shows the $100 added to my payments but I don't yet see any onboard credit. Is there someplace special I need to look to see the OBC in my online account?

Archived