Pet Peeves

SewMuch

I hate baseball caps indoors, too. What do you think of ladies wearing dressy hats indoors? (During the day, of course. You don't really need to shade your head at night.) Sort of like this hat.

Ladies are allowed to wear pretty hats inside during the day, it's part of their outfit. It has nothing to do with the sun - just like they can wear pretty gloves even if they're not cold! But please, no ladies in baseball hats at the dinner table! Even if you stick a flower on it!

Calling all Fashion Police!

Since this is the Fashion Board, I know everyone here cares about appearances. So do you have a pet peeve?

Mine is: I hate to see baseball hats at the dinner table, so I don't want to see them in the MDR, not even on casual night. Of course thats a woman's point of view - some guys seem to think that hat is part of their head.

Please keep it civil...Sometimes we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but (at least on land) a gentleman never wears a hat indoors. I imagine there is some leeway for ships officers, but in my opinion, hats shouldn't be allowed in the MDR any more than white socks with black shoes!

Maybe I'm showing my age, but (at least on land) a gentleman never wears a hat indoors. I imagine there is some leeway for ships officers, but in my opinion, hats shouldn't be allowed in the MDR any more than white socks with black shoes!

Showing your age or maybe just brought up with manners...or

both:D

Agree with most of the above. One I haven't seen, and I guess people can't help this one, but I have an aversion to ugly feet. I pretty much dislike flip flops in general (in any environment) and other sandals and shoes that show a lot of the foot and toes, but especially when you have dry, crusty heels, gnarly bent up toes, untrimmed toenails, or thick, fungus-y toenails- please, cover those bad boys! And completely flat arches where it looks like you're walking on the inside of your ankle- that just makes me sad. I know there is virtually no shoe that can make that look good.

Why I have this aversion is because I have a couple of these issues myself and I hate my own feet. Hate them. I wish I could lop them off and start over. Seriously. I have such big issues with my feet that I've been known to stop and put on socks before I answer the door. But I have recently become a lot more forgiving of my own flaws and am now learning that maybe we do what we can with what we have and try not to obsess about it. Probably nobody else is looking, and if they are, what are they gonna do? They might think to themselves, "Eww!" but are they going to point and gape? Ask me to leave? Throw a towel over me? Not likely. So I'm going to fix what I can fix and carry the rest with pride. Hopefully. :)

Agree with most of the above. One I haven't seen, and I guess people can't help this one, but I have an aversion to ugly feet. I pretty much dislike flip flops in general (in any environment) and other sandals and shoes that show a lot of the foot and toes, but especially when you have dry, crusty heels, gnarly bent up toes, untrimmed toenails, or thick, fungus-y toenails- please, cover those bad boys! And completely flat arches where it looks like you're walking on the inside of your ankle- that just makes me sad. I know there is virtually no shoe that can make that look good.

:)

LOL, I feel the same way about feet! Another thing I don't like to see is the french manicure on the toes. To me, it's just gross, maybe because it makes it look like the toenails are long. I don't like the french manicure on the hands either! I don't like all the trendy fashion colors for nails. I prefer red, pinks and corals and also sheer pinks and corals. I don't like dark colors on short nails. I know I'm in the minority lol, but we all have our likes and dislikes!

This thread is HILARIOUS to the max-i. lol

I must say though, that I LOVE maxi dresses. Personally I think they are most flattering on women 5'7 and taller. I happen to be 5'9.:D And I actually think being a bit busty makes you look better wearing maxis. The fullness up top makes the tummy area seem smaller and it just sort of flows down to the floor so theres is no sharp demarcation between the tummy fold and the rest of the body. Definitely works for the thin to moderately overweight body type.

Now for pet peeves:

- Hairy chests on men!!! OMG...GAAAAAAG. I can't do it. Makes me want to bring up any food in my stomach.

- saggy swimsuits! OMG...Seriously I know everyone has talked about too-tight or too-small...but what about too big? remember ladies, if its even slightly loose, the water will wight it down and make it hand from you like you have pooped yourself.

-innapropriate itty bitty bikinis on little girls. Theres plenty of time to be a skank...let them be kids while they are kids.

-innapropriate itty bitty bikinis on big girls. Now that you have become the full fledged skank that your mom set you up to be, please try to keep something to the imagination. My boyfriend is NOT impressed. (well maybe he is...:p

-Wedgies!!!...AHHHH lol

-big poofy skirts on women with large hips. WHY?:(

-Overweight men with high waist pants where you see the stomach bulge. YUCK!

Thats all for now....much more to come....

I'm an eary riser. For me, the pet peeve is someone showing up in the buffet area at 6am to get a cup of coffee to take back to the cabin wearing their bathrobe :eek:. Either put clothes on or order room service.

- Hairy chests on men!!! OMG...GAAAAAAG. I can't do it. Makes me want to bring up any food in my stomach.

Oh no... I like chest hair. It's manly.

-inappropriate itty bitty bikinis on big girls. Now that you have become the full fledged skank that your mom set you up to be, please try to keep something to the imagination. My boyfriend is NOT impressed. (well maybe he is...:p

Oh no times two... I LOVE big girls in tiny suits. Love it... makes me crazy happy.

-big poofy skirts on women with large hips. WHY?:(

Because we love our curves and want to flaunt them. I like my wide hips and thick thighs. Lots of girls think I'm crazy but that's really how I feel.

Oh no... I like chest hair. It's manly.

Oh no times two... I LOVE big girls in tiny suits. Love it... makes me crazy happy.

Because we love our curves and want to flaunt them. I like my wide hips and thick thighs. Lots of girls think I'm crazy but that's really how I feel.

I am glad you feel secure and love you're lovely hips and thighs. My problem with skirts like that is that they actually cover up a potentially shapely figure ans make it look like a big blob. I think a pencil skirt would do more justice.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I'm an eary riser. For me, the pet peeve is someone showing up in the buffet area at 6am to get a cup of coffee to take back to the cabin wearing their bathrobe :eek:. Either put clothes on or order room service.

hmm..Maybe I'd be the first in line for coffee great idea:D NOT!

Agree with most of the above. One I haven't seen, and I guess people can't help this one, but I have an aversion to ugly feet...snip... thick, fungus-y toenails- please,snip.....

NO No NO, dont just cover them, get them fixed!!!!NOW!!! If you´re cruising start using the antifungal stuff now, as it takes a while to work

Sandy in Spain

I've never seen anyone floss at the table, but it never falls when I am out that while I am chewing someone at another table blows their nose. What is that about? Does the end of a meal signify the need to blow your nose? I mean really. Can't you excuse yourself and do it in the restroom? N A S T Y.

Boy do I agree with this one! It never fails! :eek: this is just basic common sense. DONT DO IT! GROSS!

Funniest thread I've seen in a long time! Ok, I'll get flamed for this one, but here goes:

Ladies, after you've hit the glorious 40 mark, I don't care what decade's sizing you were/are wearing a size 2 or 4 in....leave the short shorts to the younger girls!!!

As a matter of fact, once you hit 30, start buying slightly longer ones each year; that way, when 40 hits, your shorts are closer to your knees than your butt. :D

Funniest thread I've seen in a long time! Ok, I'll get flamed for this one, but here goes:

Ladies, after you've hit the glorious 40 mark, I don't care what decade's sizing you were/are wearing a size 2 or 4 in....leave the short shorts to the younger girls!!!

As a matter of fact, once you hit 30, start buying slightly longer ones each year; that way, when 40 hits, your shorts are closer to your knees than your butt. :D

No one had to tell me this one, I figured it out for myself ;) My shorts are now down to my knees in summer, another few years and I'll just be in long pants year round. I should fake tan to disguise my blue ankles. Getting older is not for the feint of heart.

It's a hard reality ain't it? lol.:D

No one had to tell me this one, I figured it out for myself ;) My shorts are now down to my knees in summer, another few years and I'll just be in long pants year round. I should fake tan to disguise my blue ankles. Getting older is not for the feint of heart.

It's a hard reality ain't it? lol.:D

Yes, this "reality" stinks a little bit!

I have skinny legs with no fat on them at all--total sticks. I still wear short shorts--not "Daisy Dukes" but certainly shorter than most women my age can get away with. I can't get away with a number of things (my midriff hasn't seen sunlight in 25 years due to pregnancy stretch marks), but I can still pull off short shorts. I have a good friend who is very honest and will flat out tell me when an item of clothing isn't flattering, and she agrees that I still look fine in 6" inseam shorts.

If your legs are too heavy to wear shorts above your knee, stick with capri length, because knee length are for 80 year olds--unless you are playing golf. Even then most golf shorts end a few inches north of the knee.

I have skinny legs with no fat on them at all--total sticks. I still wear short shorts--not "Daisy Dukes" but certainly shorter than most women my age can get away with. I can't get away with a number of things (my midriff hasn't seen sunlight in 25 years due to pregnancy stretch marks), but I can still pull off short shorts. I have a good friend who is very honest and will flat out tell me when an item of clothing isn't flattering, and she agrees that I still look fine in 6" inseam shorts.

If your legs are too heavy to wear shorts above your knee, stick with capri length, because knee length are for 80 year olds--unless you are playing golf. Even then most golf shorts end a few inches north of the knee.

I didn't say my legs were heavy and I specifically said that it didn't matter if you wear a size 2 or 4, women over 40 should NOT wear short shorts. This thread was about OUR SPECIFIC PET PEEVES and this is one of mine.

Wow...80 year olds :p I'm nowhere close to that, but feel better in shorts that come to just above my knee. I think they look fine. I pay more attention to how they fit my butt and thighs just as much as the length. I don't want baggy and shapeless, but I do want the varicose veins (we call them very close veins) covered.

I do envy those with spider and varicose vein free legs. If I win the lottery, I'll rush off to get them fixed. Until that time, it's knee length shorts for me :) You don't hafta look if you don't want to...just like I don't fixate on my pet peeve of crew neck T shirts on people. I don't like the way they look, so I just look elsewhere.

Archived