Dawn cat OK

lrona104

I didn't even know the Dawn HAD a cat!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

Ha, ha...well, if they do have a cat, I am glad the cat is OK.

OP, some OK cabins have two elongated windows, as shown in the photo provided by Peg. Others have a single larger window. All are obstructed, but the amount of obstruction varies. If you are considering booking one, you may wish to jot down the available cabin numbers, then use the search function on this forum to look for info and photos about the cabin...When you do so, remember the mirror image cabin on the opposite side will have basically the same view, so you can search that cabin number, too. Also remember the Star is a sister ship, so the view from her cabins should be basically the same. Older pics may not show the latest TV or decor, but the structure and view probably did not change.

Here is a picture of a typical obstructed view cabin window on NCL

As stated before, the configurations vary so much that I wouldn't say that the pic would be typical. Even the pictureview window can't be said to be typical.

From what I've read on these boards, there are multiple cabins that are much more obstructed than that (at least in the Jewel class) and the lifeboats could be higher (blocking the entire view straight to horizon) in some ships.

I am looking at the category OK on the Norwegian Dawn. Is it really a porthole or a picture window that is obstructed? Does anyone have any pictures?

What cabin number are you looking at.....I'll see if I can find any other photos for you. As you can see from the photo I already posted that cabin is 8586 and is category OK on the Norwegian Dawn. My son and DIL had that cabin.

Edited by peg013

There is an awful lot of difference between the photos in post #2 and post #6. Are they really the same category?

Is there any way to see what type you might get without searching CC?

I believe those are both, indeed, category ok. The view and configuration of these cabins vary, and searching websites like this one seems like a good way to see the differences. I think NCL lists these cabins as 100% obstructed, so any view one gets is, in a sense, a bonus...I doubt NCL gives better info than you,d find here.

• 2 years later...
Sorry I know this is an old post but, was wondering if you know what the bed arrangement is in this cabin. I looks like 2 singles and one pull down do you remember where the 4th bed is.

It appears it only sleeps 3. If it does sleep 4, the 4th bed would be a trundle bed that when pulled out from under one of the lower beds, would make the floor wall-to-wall beds like it does in the inside cabins.

Edited by peg013

Sorry I know this is an old post but, was wondering if you know what the bed arrangement is in this cabin. I looks like 2 singles and one pull down do you remember where the 4th bed is.

That picture shows two main beds pushed together; they could also be set as two twin beds.

There is a pullman (drop down) bed stowed against the Right hand wall.

The fourth bed is likely a trundle bed; not visible in that picture, it is likely stowed under one of those main beds.

So, if you have four people in that cabin, when all the beds are made up for the night, it may feel almost like wall to wall bed (plus the upper pullman bunk)!

I have seen pictures of people's creative (and seemingly workable) arrangements of quad cabins, though I'm not sure they were Dawn OK category.

Edited by Starry Eyes

That picture shows two main beds pushed together; they could also be set as two twin beds.

There is a pullman (drop down) bed stowed against the Right hand wall.

The fourth bed is likely a trundle bed; not viable in that picture, it is likely stowed under one of those main beds.

So, if you have four people in that cabin, when all the beds are made up for the night, it may feel almost like wall to wall bed (plus the upper pullman bunk)!

I have seen pictures of people's creative (and seemingly workable) arrangements of quad cabins, though I'm not sure they were Dawn OK category.

Great Thanks. We are traveling with 5 year old and just wanted a back up in case he was to scared to sleep up top.

This cabin only sleeps 3. Unless they changed it since my son and DIL were in it in May of 2009.

There is a + sign on the deck plan, meaning it sleeps 4.

Are you sure there was not a trundle bed stowed under the main beds? I'm guessing you do not generally look under your son/DIL's beds;)

There is a + sign on the deck plan, meaning it sleeps 4.

Are you sure there was not a trundle bed stowed under the main beds? I'm guessing you do not generally look under your son/DIL's beds;)

Like I said in my post, either it has been changed since they were in it or there is a trundle bed under one of the lower beds.