Jost Van Dyke without snorkeling?? Carnival or private??

sharecruises

Hi...would love to go to Soggy Dollar

will be on Carnival Freedom...

short day in port :(

would like to go to JVD without stopping to snorkel

just want to go there and check out the bars/beach/lay in sun

have a painkiller etc

any advice which excursion, ship or private, which boat??

thanks

All depends on your time in port. If you're docked from 7AM - 3PM the West End ferry leaves Tortola at 9AM, and returns at noon. That would give you plenty of time to get there and back, and you'd have about 2.5 hrs there. Ferry and taxi schedules are below, $25 for roundtrip ferry. Roundtrip taxi from cruise dock to WE terminal is $54, $28pp for 2 ppl, or $24pp for 3 or more

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm

http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks....stressful cause of "my" crowd (group)

IMHO ferries are ok for couples, or a small family group

but trying to "herd cats" onto a ferry schedule is not something

I wish to try, too many possible ways someone could miss the ship

I may just do the ship excursion IF it does not have snorkel

or I may try to hire a charter if enough in my group want to go to JVD

ideas? I don't want to snorkel and I don't want to sit around on the boat while people snorkel....I would like maximan time at the Soggy Dollar haha

Go to the BVI forum on TTOL (traveltalkonline) and see if you can get contact info for Julian's water taxi on CGB. The problem is you are being very obscure about your details - how long in port? How many ppl???

Use the ship tour if you can't do some legwork on your own and give folks some idea what resources you need. Don't bother posting on ttol with vague questions.

i don't believe the cruise ship excursions include snorkeling. best to go with ccl so you are assured not to miss the ship and by the way i think your question was not vague and warrants a polite answer.

Thanks....I think the more I look , the more I want to do ship's excursion for this particular port :)

Sharecruises there are some excellent choices for personalized (non cruise ship sponsored) excursions on Tortola, and a description of what you are interested in will lead to some great options. Tortola is a gorgeous island (our favorite destination) and just taking an island tour from one of the many operators would be fun. We'd be happy to recommend someone as well as spots to visit if you know what you want to do and experience?

You mentioned only that you don't care to snorkel but would enjoy drinks on the beach. That would be CGB or Brewer's Bay. If you want to provide any more clues as to what you like to do we have tons of ideas for you - have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Hi....I want to go to Jost Van Dyke

I can't do a ferry, sorry....I travel in a group and it would just be too stressfull

I don't like to snorkel and would prefer to not waste a lot of time sitting on a boat while others snorkel

I want to go to the Soggy Dollar Bar

I am on Carnival Freedom in Sept...thanks for any ideas :)

Hi....I want to go to Jost Van Dyke

I can't do a ferry, sorry....I travel in a group and it would just be too stressfull

I don't like to snorkel and would prefer to not waste a lot of time sitting on a boat while others snorkel

I want to go to the Soggy Dollar Bar

I am on Carnival Freedom in Sept...thanks for any ideas :)

Esty unfortunately the ferry is THE best option for what you are looking for, and I still can't understand how a ferry would be stressful. Yes, coordinating the taxis needed for a large group could be a challenge if you didn't use the services of a tour operator or transportation group. You do need transportation to the boat, right? You will need to schedule that however you get to JVD as any boat to JVD with no other stops will be out of Sopers Hole/WE and you will dock in RT.

Have you looked into any of the operators that were recommended back in April or perused the BVI forum on TTOL? You will find the same recommendations there (ferry, if not bvi360, tortolaboating, etc). You do need to contact these folks yourself to determine what best fits your needs. I see from your last post to me on another forum that you tend to rely heavily on all posts but here it takes some effort on your part to find what you need.

If none of these pan out let us know -Good Luck! ;)

Esty, you're not hitting St Thomas are you? Same options unfortunately (ferry or snorkel tour).

Archived