Much ado about nothing......

Alibobs

I have been perusing my voyage personaliser over the past few days as I am approaching the 80 days until cruise mark -nothing had changed since my original personal data input - I was very excited to receive an e mail from Cunard this morning advising me to log in to the VP as it had been updated.......I do now have a fandy brochure type VP but it doesn't tell me anything I didn't know. We have booked a B5 balcony guarantee and asked not to be upgraded as we did not want a restricted view A grade on deck 8. I was hoping our cabin number would be shown but not yet. Perusing the Cunard site is it still showing a considerable number of vacant cabins at all grades - am I right in assuming this may mean our cabin is not allocateduntil much nearer the sailing date? (BTW it really does not matter to us where we are, I am just like a dog with a bone sometimes!)icon10.gif

Last year I didn't get a cabin allocated until about this time, although others here say that a guarantee can change right up to check in.

I'm about 90 days out and I have an allocated stateroom on a guarantee but the voyage is pretty much sold out. This particular cabin will accomodate up to three people so it will be interesting to see if they will leave a solo in there.

I received an email last week from Cunard, the title of which was my booking reference, my name and the words BOOKING NOTIFICATION URGENT. With heart in mouth I opened it, to find a new PDF document. I downloaded that, thinking, oh no, don't tell me they've cancelled the voyage . . . . . especially after my traumas booking flights to the UK, but it was to tell me that the National Symphony orchestra will not be on board. Phew, talk about a relief :rolleyes:

Yesterday (Saturday) I received a thin brochure of the 2013 cruises together with the New edition of the Cunarder. This says - Coming soon your New Voyage Personaliser and it shows a picture of what it will look like. You will be able to create your own personalised E-brochure, have a "to do list", build your own holiday from start to finish, life on board, shore excursions to be placed in a shopping bag, etc.

I was told my A7 guarantee assignment would be given 2 weeks before the cruise but it has been given 8 weeks out.

PARTIAL QUOTE

Yesterday (Saturday) I received a thin brochure of the 2013 cruises together with the New edition of the Cunarder. This says - Coming soon your New Voyage Personaliser and it shows a picture of what it will look like. You will be able to create your own personalised E-brochure, have a "to do list", build your own holiday from start to finish, life on board, shore excursions to be placed in a shopping bag, etc.

Ray, that sounds very similiar to the Holland America pre-voyage personalizer. On HAL, once you log to their website after booking, your itinerary will include any tours, spa treatments, restaurant reservations made for each day of your voyage -all of which can be reserved prior to sailing, and can be cancelled up to 3 days prior to voyage date. Perhaps passengers more familiar with HAL as compared to Cunard will comment further as I have only just booked my first cruise with HAL. Regards, S.

P.S. Cunard past passenges (or any CCL past passengers) are eligible for "one star Mariner" status, so check out Holland Americas FAQ for the Mariner Society if you are thinking about a booking.

I received an email last week from Cunard, the title of which was my booking reference, my name and the words BOOKING NOTIFICATION URGENT. With heart in mouth I opened it, to find a new PDF document. I downloaded that, thinking, oh no, don't tell me they've cancelled the voyage . . . . . especially after my traumas booking flights to the UK, but it was to tell me that the National Symphony orchestra will not be on board. Phew, talk about a relief :rolleyes:

OMG!:eek: Cancel immediately, with full refund of course :D

Have a great cruise; purchase a CD of the National Symphony Orchestra, and listen to it while you enjoying all that wonderful sea air! Enjoy :)

OMG!:eek: Cancel immediately, with full refund of course :D

Have a great cruise; purchase a CD of the National Symphony Orchestra, and listen to it while you enjoying all that wonderful sea air! Enjoy :)

It did cross my mind . . . . . . but then I thought, noooo, I can cope without the National Symphony Orchestra :D

What are the Osmonds?

J

Not what, who. They started out as a family singing group. Donnie and Marie were little kids and cute. Somehow, the Osmands as a large group faded, and Donnie and Marie continued as a duo singing act.

To some extent, they revived their careers in recent years by appearing on Dancing with the Stars (not the same season). Marie lost weight dancing and continued her weight loss with one of the weight-loss programs, for whom she does commercials.

Aren't you glad you asked? :D

Not what, who. They started out as a family singing group. Donnie and Marie were little kids and cute. Somehow, the Osmands as a large group faded, and Donnie and Marie continued as a duo singing act.

To some extent, they revived their careers in recent years by appearing on Dancing with the Stars (not the same season). Marie lost weight dancing and continued her weight loss with one of the weight-loss programs, for whom she does commercials.

Aren't you glad you asked? :D

Oh, I am! I am! :D

J

Someone on another (nameless) line, has cancelled because the Osmonds are no longer tottering onto the stage...

Mary

I suppose if it was someone who was a massive fan (:eek:) and had booked that specific cruise simply because they were appearing, then yes, I can understand why they would cancel. I have a friend who's just gone to Las Vegas on holiday, and before she even booked the holiday, she booked tickets to see the Osmonds . . . . . .

I suppose if it was someone who was a massive fan (:eek:) and had booked that specific cruise simply because they were appearing, then yes, I can understand why they would cancel. I have a friend who's just gone to Las Vegas on holiday, and before she even booked the holiday, she booked tickets to see the Osmonds . . . . . .
We've seen some headliners on a cruise or two, but it was never the reason to book a cruise.

With a Vegas trip, you at least check to see who's in town that you might enjoy. Athough the Osmonds are old enough to be playing Branson!!

We've seen some headliners on a cruise or two, but it was never the reason to book a cruise.

A couple of years ago, we were lucky to have James Taylor on our Transatlantic Crossing. When I originally discovered he was performing on board I wasn't particulary interested, although we did go to his concert and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't have booked this trip to see him as I wasn't a fan, but it was definately a bonus. When I hear him on the radio now it always reminds me of that holiday.

Denise

A couple of years ago, we were lucky to have James Taylor on our Transatlantic Crossing. When I originally discovered he was performing on board I wasn't particulary interested, although we did go to his concert and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't have booked this trip to see him as I wasn't a fan, but it was definately a bonus. When I hear him on the radio now it always reminds me of that holiday.

Denise

James Taylor wrote some amazing songs, I've played some and they are harder than they look.

My first cruise we had the old singer Vic Damone who forgot the words to his biggest hit "The Street Where You Live"!

Our last RCCL cruise, the Texas Tenors gave a concert. They were good but probably won't be playing La Scala.

Archived