Bringing Wine onboard

cmax

I know a few years ago when we cruised you were able to bring a couple of bottles on the ship with you. We also brough a case of water and soda that we checked with the baggage guys at the drop off.

Does RC still allow you to do this? We're going on the LOS next Saturday.

You mean it used to be allowed? When was that? I had no idea!

It was, it was a $12 corkage fee for any bottle that was brought onboard. Many times in t Maarten I bought bottles of Santa Margherita as it was only $12 or $13 there's and walked right thru security with it visible to them. Sometimes they would ask for it and mark it with our table # in the dining room and it would be there waiting for us.

I think this changed a few years ago. Not exactly sure when, we didn't bring any almost 2 years ago when we went on Oasis as we had to fly.

NCL still allows it. You can bring us much wine as you want, there's is a $15 fee and you check it at security.

You mean it used to be allowed? When was that? I had no idea!

Our first cruise was out of San Juan on Monarch OTS in 1997. There was a liquor store in the cruise terminal just before where you would board the ship. We picked up a bottle of Baccardi (I think it was around $1) just as we were boarding. No questions asked when boarding. Things have changed a lot since then.

On Celebrity you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board at embarkation.

Ahhh, the good ol' days when we would wheel a carryon onboard with 6-7 bottles of wine with no problems. After getting caught once in the naughty room, we now purchase the wine package which is fine. Not as good as what we'd bring from home, but at least they now let us get a bottle in the Windjammer and bring it back to our cabin!

Archived