Information on weddings at Sea...on ship or at port of call?

Looking for preliminary information on weddings at sea...either on board ship or at ports of call. Want information from those who've done it.

Which is cheaper? What's the general cost, what is included?

You might get more info on the "Honeymoon & Weddings Cruises" board under Special Interest Cruising..Good luck :)

I have friends that were married during a Serenade cruise on St. Thomas (Magen's Bay setting) through the cruiseline's Royal Romance department, and everything was perfect. Here are a couple of links from Royal Carribean's website (you can search 'wedding's for additional info):

Destinations & Pricing: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=622

RCI also offers a Honeymoon Registry: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=honeymoon_registry

And here is the CC Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises forum link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

You need to know that ANY port of call can be missed, rescheduled or substituted by RCI for ANY reason.

If I was to marry at sea, I'd do it on the ship...or even, before we boarded....make the cruise the party!

I can't even imagine planning a wedding, and then, for some reason, missing the port I'm supposed to get married at! What stress!

When you book a cruise, that implies that you agree with the cruiseline...that they can and may screw up your "beach wedding".

We got married while in St. Thomas and we did it all on our own. Royal Romance can add up VERY quickly and you don't have as many options either. Now, as the PP mentioned-there is a big risk getting married own your own while at a port of call-in fact we almost didn't dock because the pilot boats were threatening to strike, so it's not always just the weather that can cause issues.

For us, it was worth it to have our "dream wedding" on our not so grand budget! We really wanted to get married while on the Oasis, so we chose to pay more for the cruise w/ our wonderful family and friends and then save a bit on the ceremony itself. Our back up plan was to have a fake ceremony on deck somewhere and then just go to the court house when we got back home. We stil would have been out the money we paid for the ceremony out there, but we would have atleast been reinbursed for our transportation we had booked for our group that day, which ended up being more then half of our budget!!!

It's a tough call as to which way is "better", for us it was worth the risk but we are also very easy going people....not all brides are so easy going on the big day. We used Janelle Scott as our wedding planner in St. Thomas and she was wonderful!

You need to know that ANY port of call can be missed, rescheduled or substituted by RCI for ANY reason.

If I was to marry at sea, I'd do it on the ship...or even, before we boarded....make the cruise the party!

I can't even imagine planning a wedding, and then, for some reason, missing the port I'm supposed to get married at! What stress!

When you book a cruise, that implies that you agree with the cruiseline...that they can and may screw up your "beach wedding".

Just because someone has 49,000+ posts doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

Check here, you'll find tons of useful information and don't let one "Debbie Downer" discourage you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

We got married in Baltimore on embarkation day on the Grandeur. We love near Baltimore, so that allowed us to invite non-sailing guests; This was a 2nd marriage for both, so we kept it small; 20 people.... both the ceremony and reception were in the aft section of the Viking crown lounge.

The cruise then became our honeymoon. :-)

Aloha,

John

Do check the Wedding board as well.

Archived