Book during the cruise the following segment spontaneously? Kind of standby.

My wife and I are booked on the transatlantic eastbound from Miami to Harwich of Jewel of the Seas from Royal Caribbean this year. The cruise has a length of 12 nights.

After that the ship is scheduled to go on a 12 night segment roundtrip from Harwich to Harwich.

We are curious if it would be possible to decide spontaneously during the transatlantic cruise to stay longer on the ship and buy the following segment. We would not mind to do it kind of standby. Of there is a cabin free we'll stay. If not, we'll go from board.

Has anyone ever did something like that before? And did you get a good discount?

Thanks so much for your experiences.

If the ship is not full during the second cruise you may get lucky but I would decide early in the first cruise or before you leave

The cruise lines like to sail full so they will usually discount some of the cabins just before the cruise

Enjoy the cruise

What everyone has said is true in regards to availability, transfering cabins, etc. You would usually get a at minimum an OBC as well as the current pricing. If the ship is more than 80% full you'll probably be paying the same or more than current rates. From what I've seen the most you'll be saving is maybe 10% and the OBC.

The stress of the "unknown" and the hassle to change flight plans would not be worth the savings to me. Unless the back-up plan is to stay in the UK for 12 days, then it's only money!;)

Archived