Le Champagne on the Cloud

torst

There was much confusion about wine packages, wine inclusions, mandatory purchases etc. What is the current situtation on the Cloud in terms of costs, expections and recommended menus. Thanks

There was much confusion about wine packages, wine inclusions, mandatory purchases etc. What is the current situtation on the Cloud in terms of costs, expections and recommended menus. Thanks

There is a $30 charge to dine in Le Champagne. You may choose to have complimentary wines or purchase from the Connisours list. The wine pairing is no longer available.

On our last cruise we dined there twice. The first was excellent. The second time the service was awful. Regardless of the time you have your reservation they want the people with the 7:00 reservation to eat at the same pace as those with an 8:00. We ordered a bottle of wine, but others who ordered the pairing were very disappointed as there was no attempt to refill glasses.

I think we all need to prepare for the fact that Le Champagne will no longer be the same experience it once was. With the elimination of the wine pairing. the $30 charge, complimentary wines offered, huge OBCs on most cruises....the demand will be much higher for reservations and the quality and service will suffer. If it turns out I am wrong I will gladly admit it.

The menu has been changed and now is a standard one every day, no more themed menu's. Cannot really see that the cover charge is justified, and agree that the raison d'etre of Le Champagne has gone.

Sorry to hear the themed menu is gone. We really enjoyed our "Best of Burgundy”. Below are a couple of my visuals samples for what we enjoyed.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 64,386 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

This was the main course of whole roasted chicken with crayfish with a Pinot Noir wine.:

LeChampMainChickenDish.jpg

Here is the spectacular dessert, called Chocolate Eiffel Tower. One person at our table, not me, as they say . . . “ate the WHOLE THING!”. Very rich and great looking.:

LeChampChocDessert.jpg

The menu has been changed and now is a standard one every day, no more themed menu's. Cannot really see that the cover charge is justified, and agree that the raison d'etre of Le Champagne has gone.

Agreed - sadly. Do you have an idea of what the current "standard" menu offers? Also, we have read that Seishin's menu will now encompass Japanese, Chinese, Thai and Indian cuisines. Does anyone have their new menu?

Archived