Shareholder onboard credit

gb1466

I plan on taking "all the Shareholder paperwork" I've emailed/faxed to Princess with us when we sail.

Question...Who do I talk too about this onboard? I really don't want to get the run around at the Guest Relations desk.

That is where you need to go.

I both email and fax mine in and got a 5-day turnaround for my recent Star cruise. If you receive a confirmation that it's been applied, print a copy and bring it with you. If you don't receive a confirmation, bring a copy of what you faxed or the relevant page from your most recent brokerage statement (that has your name on it) and they will credit you onboard.

Pam, are you saying that if I had presented the Purser's Desk with my documentation I could have gotten the OBC that Princess failed to process??

Add me to the list of frustrated Princess cruisers applying for CCL OBC. Even with TA intervention, I didn't get it. I accepted this as we booked only 10 days out and the application deadline had passed. Still, it should not be this way!!

On a recent short Carnival cruise CCL OBC was processed and applied quickly.

I found the telephone number listed below on another CC thread concerning the problems getting Shareholders and Military OBC's.

I called the number this morning and my Shareholders Benefit Request problem has been solved...the OBC is now applied to our booking. This has been a 5 week struggle for us...2 emails...1 fax...3 phone calls to Princess with them telling me to call back next week!! They had all the correct info just didn't process it efficiently! :rolleyes:

One phone call this morning to 1-800-872-6779 Ext 30317 and the problem was solved in a matter of minutes!! :D I now have an email confirmation to prove we have the Shareholders Benefit OBC applied to our Apr 15/12 booking.

I just "love" Cruisecritic Members and how they can always come to the rescue with just the "right info"!! :D :cool:

Hopefully the above telephone number will help others as well.

Pat :)

2Canucks: Thank you for the phone number. I have written it down and saved it for the future. Hopefully by my next cruise this problem is resolved with Princess. I'd even posted on Princess's Facebook a couple weeks ago about this, but their response didn't say anything. It was a try.

Appreciate your posting the number here. This has been such a frustration for many of us it sounds like.

Thanks

I found the telephone number listed below on another CC thread concerning the problems getting Shareholders and Military OBC's.

I called the number this morning and my Shareholders Benefit Request problem has been solved...the OBC is now applied to our booking. This has been a 5 week struggle for us...2 emails...1 fax...3 phone calls to Princess with them telling me to call back next week!! They had all the correct info just didn't process it efficiently! :rolleyes:

One phone call this morning to 1-800-872-6779 Ext 30317 and the problem was solved in a matter of minutes!! :D I now have an email confirmation to prove we have the Shareholders Benefit OBC applied to our Apr 15/12 booking.

I just "love" Cruisecritic Members and how they can always come to the rescue with just the "right info"!! :D :cool:

Hopefully the above telephone number will help others as well.

Pat :)

I called this phone number & Sandra from booking support services was able to issue my shareholders OBC after locating my fax & email requests. This booking was our 1st time taking advantage of a last minute offer only 4 weeks before sailing & also our 1st time booking directly with Princess because of our concern about it being a limited promotion & it was after hours for our TA.

After not hearing anything during the 2 weeks after submitting my request & approaching the 14 day limit to request it, Sandra put me on hold for about 5 minutes & she located my email and fax and said that I'll be receiving an email confirmation for my SOBC.

This is just what one Princess booking support agent said & here's some of the new things I learned about their current policy for issuing SOBC:

• While it has varied for SOBC issuance, their current policy is again to only process requests after final payment which I understand knowing how often changes are made before then. I had also sent in requests for cruises later this year to simplify the process however I'll have to resend it after final payment.
  • I haven't received an email confirmation yet however it does show in my online statement that I can view having booked directly with Princess.

With booking only 4 weeks prior to sailing, there was some urgency to get my SOBC issued before sailing & it took a phone call to get it issued. :(

On the form it states that "Applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days prior to the cruise departure date." For what that is worth!

It took over 6 weeks to get the OBC. This was after the faxes, e-mails and calls from my TA. If she hadn't called last week and told them she wouldn't hang up until they got this taken care of, I doubt it would have been credited to my account.

Now last fall I sent the request in, by fax, and it was taken care of within the week. Liza wasn't there then, so whoever was taking care of the Shareholder's requests then should come back! I just don't see how they could be any busier now than they have been in the past.

It is truly a frustration.

What form? Where do I get it?

What form? Where do I get it?

You can call Princess to have them email you a PDF copy of the application or you can open the file I've attached here which I received from Princess 2 weeks ago. This version of the application form has the correct phone number of 661-753-0180 & also the email address.

PC_Carnival-shareholder-benefit-request-form.pdf

Thank you.

I didn't know the form existed. Last time I just sent in a letter with the required information.

People have reported success with and without the form as long as all the needed information is provided if you do not use the form.

FWIW: I faxed our forms for two cruises leaving in May on April 9th. I had my TA check on it yesterday and she said it had been posted to our bookings. I recieved an email today confirming. Interestingly though, the email was from Liza. I thought she wasn't doing it anymore. Regardless, I felt it was posted in a timely manner with no problems.

I hate to publicly discuss problems with Princess, but in this case I have to make an exception.

Our story is much the same. Form sent by email. Waited the two weeks, and asked my TA to check. Nothing. Resent everything. Two more weeks, and TA checked again. Still nothing. Phone calls from TA started. Couldn't find anything. I sent TA the email with attachments, he printed it up and faxed it. Then he kept checking on it, but it still didn't show. Got down to the Friday before the cruise (going out Tuesday morning) and still nothing. He finally got someone who would return his calls, and she finally found everything and said it would be done that day. We left for the ship with still no confirmation, figuring it was not going to happen. Apparently they finally got it done on Monday, as it did appear on Wednesday when we checked our On Board Account.

Unfortunately, there is another cruise coming in May. It was supposed to have been done at the same time, but nothing is showing on our account.

I really feel sorry for my TA. He works so hard for me, doing things that shouldn't need to be done. I feel sure that he will get it all taken care of, but it's not fair for him (or anyone, for that matter) to have to go through this every time they cruise. I do long for the good old days, when it was done quickly and efficiently. I can't even get them to send an email response that they have received it, let alone that it is done. Kind of makes it difficult to "Escape Completely."

Thank you so much for the phone number! I will use it next month if our credit doesn't appear.

I sent in my form a month ago and have called Princess twice. The last time was yesterday and I was told that they now only process after final payment. That is in a month for us. I'll give them unti then but then I will use your phone number. Again, THANKS!

Thank you so much for the phone number! I will use it next month if our credit doesn't appear.

I sent in my form a month ago and have called Princess twice. The last time was yesterday and I was told that they now only process after final payment. That is in a month for us. I'll give them unti then but then I will use your phone number. Again, THANKS!

I was recently told the same thing that once again they're processing requests after final payment.

That's understandable because I hear that cabins in general will turn over three times before sailing. It's a way to avoid unnecessary work which could be adding to the delays that we're experiencing. If it's a staffing level or training problem that's something that Princess needs to correct.

With it no longer necessary to apply each time for military OBC, things should've improved if they had kept the previous number employees working. Hopefully by not processing applications before final payment we'll experience a more efficient process.

My recent experience was nearly the same. If I hadn't finally gotten a supervisor to hand carry the final submission to the shareholder credit office, it wouldn't have gotten done in time. Absolutely ridiculous. They claimed over and over that the faxes never went through, although I had a confirmation sheet each time with the right phone number. Once I even did it in real time with a rep on the phone who said she had it in her hand - but it "mysteriously" disappeared too. Very frustrating. :(

This is happening to us. I guess we need to ask for a supervisor. I agree, it is frustrating!

With it no longer necessary to apply each time for military OBC, things should've improved if they had kept the previous number employees working. Hopefully by not processing applications before final payment we'll experience a more efficient process.

Frank, don't be so confident about that military OBC being automatically on each booking. We have had two cruises where it is not automatically there, we have had to have our TA contact Princess to see what is up. Just an oops:(, they had over looked it.

Always double check your booking.

Frank, don't be so confident about that military OBC being automatically on each booking. We have had two cruises where it is not automatically there, we have had to have our TA contact Princess to see what is up. Just an oops:(, they had over looked it.

Always double check your booking.

Phyllis...that's an excellent point & I never assume anything. ;)

Is the MOBC listed in your Captain's Circle account? Each time I search for prices online the MOBC is listed with the price quote...does yours?

I thought that since it shows in a quote that the human error factor had been eliminated but obviously based on your experiences that's not always true & I'll definitely double check. :)

I noticed that you're leaving on the Coral three days before us on the Island on the same itinerary so will miss you again. :(. Have a great cruise and we'll see Jim & you on the Royal Princes next year. :D

This came this afternoon via email:

Good Day,

We have received your request for Shareholder Benefits for your upcoming sailing 12AUG12 on the STAR PRINCESS. The Shareholder statement should be dated no earlier than 90 days prior to your sail date. Your sailing as of today's date is 116 days out. Please resubmit the application for shareholder benefits along with a current shareholder statement after the final payment date on the booking.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises, Booking Support

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

1 800-PRINCESS

Shareholder Fax: (661) 753-0180

shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

I just sent our info in today for our cruisetour 7/31/12.....I suppose I will get an email as well saying to resubmit after final payment. Our final payment is 5/17th.

Just subscribed to this thread. It frustrates me every time!

As "Shareholders" I wonder if we can make enough stink to get this fixed!?

This came this afternoon via email:

Good Day,

We have received your request for Shareholder Benefits for your upcoming sailing 12AUG12 on the STAR PRINCESS. The Shareholder statement should be dated no earlier than 90 days prior to your sail date. Your sailing as of today's date is 116 days out. Please resubmit the application for shareholder benefits along with a current shareholder statement after the final payment date on the booking.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises, Booking Support

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

1 800-PRINCESS

Shareholder Fax: (661) 753-0180

shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Nothing new here except that it's gone back to the way it used to be, i.e., submit the request after final payment. I'm guessing that so many people sent requests far in advance then canceled the cruise that it became a problem.

Have to agree with Pam. Can you imagine the number of people who book and cancel, book and cancel? It would be a nightmare for Princess. It's not that hard to pay for the cruise and then email you request for shareholder's credit. After final payment is still plenty early to send it in, and unless you want to hassle with an insurance claim, Princess can be assured that you're really sailing. Easier on all parties involved.

Nothing new here except that it's gone back to the way it used to be, i.e., submit the request after final payment. I'm guessing that so many people sent requests far in advance then canceled the cruise that it became a problem.

Have to agree with Pam. Can you imagine the number of people who book and cancel, book and cancel? It would be a nightmare for Princess. It's not that hard to pay for the cruise and then email you request for shareholder's credit. After final payment is still plenty early to send it in, and unless you want to hassle with an insurance claim, Princess can be assured that you're really sailing. Easier on all parties involved.

It makes sense to do it this way & it could result in it being issued quicker. I've heard that on average cabins turnover 3 times before sailing so it's good they're making this change.

It's only recently they re-instated this policy then as on Jan 28th I submitted my request for my SOBC for a Jun 17th sailing (nearly 5 months early) and it was granted within 4 days.

It makes sense to do it this way & it could result in it being issued quicker. I've heard that on average cabins turnover 3 times before sailing so it's good they're making this change.

I do agree with this. It took <5 days to get my MOBC that I requested just last week. I have not received an email to this effect but My Princess shows the additional credit now.

FYI, did everyone know that the Military OBC is also offered to US veterans with an Honorable Discharge and 2+ years of service or 6 months service in a war zone? Nothing I've read here or on the Princess website indicated that except for the request form itself.

FYI, did everyone know that the Military OBC is also offered to US veterans with an Honorable Discharge and 2+ years of service or 6 months service in a war zone? Nothing I've read here or on the Princess website indicated that except for the request form itself.

That's how I qualified unlike those who had a military career of dedication to our country & are truly veterans to me. :)

Has anyone ever seen their stockholder's benefit show up in their circle savings account? Mine is showing for my cruise in two days. I have never seen it there before. We booked through a TA. In the past we have always had to get a copy of our booking confirmation from our TA to see our stockholder OBC.

Archived