wcflnjcruiser

Booked a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas on 23 March 2012 with a RCCL vacation planner. The cabin was a balcony guarantee, leaving from Tampa on March 31. Notified by RCCL on 28 March 2012 that no more balconies were available, due to a 'mistaken inventory error'. We were offered a choice to relo to the Allure leaving from Lauderdale, rather than our planned departure from Tampa. After bickering for an hour, they finally gave us an OBC of $100. on a Celebrity cruise, which we had already booked. We hardly consider this sufficient satisfaction, since RCCL definitely overbooked this cruise. At the time of our booking, Balcony cabins were still available. Since we are Emerald members with RCCL, we consider this a grave injustice. How can they get away with this deliberate oversight. According to them, this type of situation rarely occurs. HA Ha!

To be honest, I never heard of cruise bumping until today. They could not move us because all of the cabins were sold. A $100. reimbursement for all of this aggravation is an insult. I just wish that there is something legally which I could do.

I understand your upset but 7 days on the Allure instead of 4-5 days on the Jewel for the same price.

Thats like half price I would have taken the offer

Archived