sofa bed for a 20 month old toddler

Hi there,

We are in an inside cabin on deck 3 for our upcoming Oasis cruise. DD will be 20 months old and she sleeps on a double bed at home with bed rails. She typically doesn't roll around that much when she has fallen into a deep sleep.

Does anyone have a picture of the sofa bed open? I just want to see how big it is. I think she might do better on the sofa bed than on a pack and play.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a photo, but our daughter was a few months shy of three when she stayed with us on our sofa. It opens to sort of like a twin and a half size. It was plenty of room for her and she would have literally thrown a Pack N Play at me if I had tried to make her sleep in one for a week.

I think she'll be great. It's big enough for an adult to sleep on it, so it's certainly plenty big for a kiddo.

Hi there,

We are in an inside cabin on deck 3 for our upcoming Oasis cruise. DD will be 20 months old and she sleeps on a double bed at home with bed rails. She typically doesn't roll around that much when she has fallen into a deep sleep.

Does anyone have a picture of the sofa bed open? I just want to see how big it is. I think she might do better on the sofa bed than on a pack and play.

Thanks in advance.

You can ask for extra pillows or even an extra blanket and put them under the bottom sheet to create a kind of bumper that would help keep her in.

The sofa bed will work just fine for a toddler. Heck, I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit on it just fine. You could turn sofa around to face the wall. But, that is inconvenient. We brought some inflatable bed rails that we purchased from the one step ahead catalog. Just slip it under the sheet and it worked like a charm with our toddler.

Some will turn the sofa to face the wall, and have a tot sleep on the sofa without opening it up...

I think this is the right idea! You can use the room and the couch alone is plenty big for a little one. Much more practical that the pullman beds for that age.

Enjoy!!

Shouldn't be a problem. Lots of room for a baby. You can put the cushions on the floor around it, it wasn't that high if I remember correctly.

Good suggestion! the sofa is very low to the floor,so even if, heaven forbid, the child did fall out , it would be a very short drop and the pillows would be a good cushion. That being said our GD slept on the pull-out at 23 months and had no problems. Good Luck ...enjoy your cruise!:)

This is why I always turn to the boards,,,our grandaugher will be with us on our next cruise(with her mom and dad),,, anyway,,I have been wondering if the sofa bed will be good for her,,she will be 4yrs. by the time we sail..

Her parents have a OV Central Park cabin,,right across from us,,I know I can get my answers here on the boards...:D:D So it seems the sofa bed does work well....Thanks everyone....:cool:

Archived