14 night solo cruise... ?

mpoobear

I have a 10nt solo cruise booked for next year...it will be my longest solo to date...usually I only sail 3-5 nts solo...longer cruises I generally have my sister's along...but the Panama canal has been on my "to do" list for years so next year it gets done! :D Looking forward to a nice relaxing time...enjoying my balcony...and not having to worry if anyone but me is having fun!!

Panama Canal is my dream cruise. Right now family illness keeps me from booking a cruise. I would like to book LA to Miami or Ft Lauderdale next year.

Keep us posted on your progress and details of your cruse Hope to meet and sail with you sometime

A 14-day cruise is a much different experience from a 5-day cruise. Make sure you understand the passenger demographics before you book.

:confused: Good Info - Please explain a little more. I plan to start cruising solo, mostly because I'm becoming a "cruiseaholic" and I can't always find people willing to go as often as I am. My longest cruise has been a 7 day cruise, but I'm looking forward to a 2 week cruise one day. Please explain as much as you can on the "passenger demographics"? Thanks for making this a point we all may need to look into or seriously be aware of....:eek:

:confused: Good Info - Please explain a little more. I plan to start cruising solo, mostly because I'm becoming a "cruiseaholic" and I can't always find people willing to go as often as I am. My longest cruise has been a 7 day cruise, but I'm looking forward to a 2 week cruise one day. Please explain as much as you can on the "passenger demographics"? Thanks for making this a point we all may need to look into or seriously be aware of....:eek:

Hi:), longer cruises usually have an older demographic. Not always,

but usually and one of the main reasons is due to being retired. Many

people who work full time can't/don't take off 2 weeks in a row.

And it is also more expensive to take a 14 nighter.

BeeCuise11, I would agree with Lois that you will probably have an older demographic as you don't see a lot of younger families on those longer trips as the trips probably get a little long for a family trip. I might also add that another thing to think of on the longer trips is that usually will have more sea days as well. Some people like sea days, others don't. I have seen some longer trips that are also very port intensive so you are in a different port every day. I enjoy different ports but I also enjoy my sea days as they are very relaxing for me. As long as I have something to read, I am content.

BeeCruise

Hope you have a great time. I have done solo runs on NCL and RCI with several upcoming ones scheduled on both RCI and Celebrity. I like being responsible only to myself and meeting a lot of people.

The downside, of course, is the cost.

The longer cruises will generally have an older group as do many of the repositioning cruises. Older mostly means retired (which can be 50s on up). I'm in my 60s and can't keep up with some of those in their 80s (example being my 87 year old UK early gym partner on a Grandeur OTS TransAtlantic this spring). There will be plenty to do, more food than you need and people to talk to regardless of the cruise.

Not sure about holiday and spring break party cruises..... those feature a lot of younger kids who are not always quiet. Just my humble opinion

Archived