Cavetubing and wet shoes

kasil

Exactly. You walk across a creek (at least up to my thighs) a couple times before you get to the embarkation point, and then again have your feet submerged as you get into the tube. They will be soaked. They did have bins to collect/dry out/donate soaked shoes near the changing area, if that idea appeals to you. I did that with an old/ready to retire pair of running shoes.

We used water shoes like you could get at Walmart for less than 10.00. We changed into them before we got off of the bus, and then put our regualr shoes on when we changed into dry clothes.

I bought an inexpensive pair of sneakers at Walmart before we left for our trip for under $10 and when we got back to the bus after tubing the locals were there to collect them and wash them. They are very grateful for the donation of shoes and it saved us having to carry them back to the ship.

I would recommend an old pair of tennis shoes too. The walk to the drop in point was a bit rugged w/ just water shoes. DH had thicker soles on his, which was better. I didn't realize they needed shoes there- that's a good idea- leaving your old ones. Thanks

Just how wet do your shoes get while cavetubing? Is it like walking through puddles or are you soaked through and your shoes are trashed? Thanks for the help.:)

You definitely need water shoes! If you don't want to bring your own, they rent them on site for $3. I suggest packing your own.

Archived