Interior with picture window?

sarafs

We just booked a last minute cruise and booked a room described as "Interior with a picture window (walkway view)". It is at the very front of the ship. Can anyone give me more information about this type of room?

Thanks, at least it has a view. We were just booking an inside room for this trip. Good to know we will get a bonus view. :)

The window looks out onto the "secret" decks, so during the day when the doors are unlocked there might be people out there, but the windows are tinted so heavily that they can't see in.

Often the beds can't be put together. In a friends cabin the beds were end to end with a tall cabinet in between.

Are these considered interior rooms and get the interior price or are they higher? My porthole room I booked for my next cruise was the same price as an interior. I've had a PT room before and enjoyed it and at least having a view for the cheaper price.

Are these considered interior rooms and get the interior price or are they higher? My porthole room I booked for my next cruise was the same price as an interior. I've had a PT room before and enjoyed it and at least having a view for the cheaper price.

I just booked an interior with walkway on the Liberty. They are priced higher and are a 4J class...so the highest price for the interiors.

Interesting... I remember seeing the wording "interior with picture window" back when I first picking out my cruise. It always confused me, since "window" by definition means outside. I thought it was a fake window with a backlit seascape or something, like with the interiors on Disney ships. Now it makes sense, and it's a great way to save money while still getting some natural light.

The windows are tinted, but people can see in, especially at night when the lights are on in the room. The outside deck is a perfect place to be for sailaway. The end rooms are usually handicapped access and may not have movable beds, but I believe that the beds in the rest of the rooms can be pushed together.

Brenda

The window looks out onto the "secret" decks, so during the day when the doors are unlocked there might be people out there, but the windows are tinted so heavily that they can't see in.

They can see in at night when your light is on, so don't get naked in there at night with the curtains open :D

If they look in my room while I'm naked (think short, fat,bald, old man), there will be the old Wal-mart overhead announcement: Clean up on aisle, er... make that front balcony deck # __. Bring a mop!

They can see in at night when your light is on, so don't get naked in there at night with the curtains open :D

I think it depends on the ship. We have done 4J 5 times now. Normally you can only see in the room at night, however this wasn't the case on the Magic. We were able to see inside our room perfectly during the day. My wife didn't believe me until she saw it for herself. This wasn't the case on the conquest, ecstacy, elation or triumph.

We stayed in one of these cabins on the Liberty last year, and have one booked for the Breeze TA in November, another "value priced cabin". I believe they are Cat 4J, they are priced at the Interior cabin rate, with a small per day "up charge'". So, usually the rate paid is slightly higher than an interior, but less than an ocean view, but to me, a better location than OV.

As someone else mentioned, most of them can have the beds together, but the end ones, not so much, it think the ends ones are handicapped accessible. The "private" deck (not sure secret they are, seem very well known) is nice though. No where to sit, but rarely anyone out there, but nice views from the front of the ship.

Love the 4J's. We have had them on Glory, Victory, Dream, Freedom and Splendor. The window tint varies, on the Victory you could not see in during the day, even putting your face against the glass. The dream you could see in as you walked by. Front deck is a great place to be when arriving or leaving ports. Never many people out there, very windy when at sea. Caution when going in or out the doors to the front deck. Wind will slam doors closed.

We just booked category 4J on Victory for an upcoming cruise. You do have to be careful if you book the cabins on the ends as they are handicap accessible rooms. You can be bumped from those cabins if someone else needs it and you "don't" have a handicap need. Those are the cabins with the beds that have to be kept as singles. The other rooms are all good though.

Love the 4J's. We have had them on Glory, Victory, Dream, Freedom and Splendor. The window tint varies, on the Victory you could not see in during the day, even putting your face against the glass. The dream you could see in as you walked by. Front deck is a great place to be when arriving or leaving ports. Never many people out there, very windy when at sea. Caution when going in or out the doors to the front deck. Wind will slam doors closed.

We were veru near these type of rooms on the Triumph last year and at times the door to the deck was near impossible to open because of the winds-but it never stopped us from getting out there.

I was just in one of those rooms on the Splendor a couple weeks ago. I loved it! It was an accessable room, so BIG bathroom. I loved the view. While you can't see in during the day, at night you could, BUT they (someone...maybe the room steward) came in at night and closed the curtains because they said it was a hazard for navigating, since the room was directly below the bridge. There is a sign on the window asking to leave curtains closed after dark, as well. Here are some pics, though

this was taken from out on deck in front of the room, the window on the left of the bench was our window.

S4300030.jpg.3b7ccca7dd5dfa5dabe9049808508b48.jpg

S4300110.jpg.2f471b78c727437e1578eaeeac4fe0af.jpg

S4300125.jpg.8314f6fbb0676df9ed093df15560e82c.jpg

S4300124.jpg.925b527e98d8468e4875f631075fbeef.jpg