For Those Who Bring Wine/Liquor Aboard........

sail7seas

I must be misunderstanding..... :D :eek:

You mixed the rum tequila and gin in one rumrunner?

Whoa.......

Umm, no, that would be a heck of drink. We had several partially filled rumrunners and I put the leftovers in the smaller rumrunners. We also went through three $100 beverage cards and four bottles of champage, which is why we didn't finish off the rumrunners.

I usually bring on several splits of champagne and put them in the fridge, then on sea days, we call room service and have mimosa's on the balcony (ahhhh, I'm on vacation!!)

DH drinks beer, so we buy that onboard, but I'm a wine drinker. I try to plan for what I consume, but we also plan to share a bottle with our tablemates, so we bring extra. Most times, we drink what we brought and go home empty handed.....but we also know that we'll be having the DOD and BOGOs at happy hour, so I try not to over pack!

Something that is slightly OT, last cruise we purchased the $100 drink cards....ok, several of them :eek:, but had money left on them when we left. We thought about putting them in the safe for the next guest, but thought the room steward would be required to look there and return things, so we left it in the Bible in the drawer. I've heard of others doing this, so when you board, check the Bible!!! :D:D

We had $18.00 or so left on one of our drink cards and the amount was credited to our bill.

While we know liquor is not permitted to be brought aboard HAL ships, we know there are those who violate the rule, and

We also know HAL does permit wine (soda and water) to be brought aboard by guests.......

My question, of those who bring alcohol aboard, how many of you bring more than you actually want to drink and find yourself with left over at the end of the cruise. Or, if you don't want to drag the left over bottles home, do you find you drink more at the end of the cruise to 'use it up'?

Curious.... :o

For starters - we never take wine onto a ship -- we are nnot big wine drinkers.

We also never sneak alcohol onto a ship. We always pre-order whatever we want and it is in the cabin waiting for us.

We don't order so much that there is anything left over.

The stewards should never leave an open bottle of anything in a cabin. Who can tell what some crazy person might have put in it. And anyone who would drink from a strange bottle they might find is taking a ridiculous risk. IMO

Umm, no, that would be a heck of drink. We had several partially filled rumrunners and I put the leftovers in the smaller rumrunners. We also went through three $100 beverage cards and four bottles of champage, which is why we didn't finish off the rumrunners.

:D Ummm, I was having a hard time keeping track of all the rumrunners. :D

The only time we have carried any liquor aboard was when we left a hotel where we had received a gift of a bottle of wine. We didn't drink it while at the hotel so brought it to the ship in our carryon but we never opened it. We gave it away when we were leaving. :)

My question, of those who bring alcohol aboard, how many of you bring more than you actually want to drink and find yourself with left over at the end of the cruise. Or, if you don't want to drag the left over bottles home, do you find you drink more at the end of the cruise to 'use it up'?

We don't bring liquor onboard. In 2010 we had four VD cabins in a row and had the balcony partitions opened between them. The four cabins had planned to throw a 'Champagne at Sunset' party the last day as we left Half Moon Cay. We brought two cases of sparkling wine onboard for that.

We invited friends and asked them to RSVP. A lot of the RSVPs asked: "Can we bring our leftover booze to the party?" It seems that a lot of people had a lot of booze left over! Some arrived in mouth wash bottles, some in Smart Water bottles and others in the original containers. Let's just say luckily nobody fell overboard that evening. :D

We decided that in future such parties will be called BYLOB - Bring Your Left Over Booze.

we know how much liquor and wine to bring aboard so we don't have leftovers. We also bring water and club soda for mixers. If there's a lot left over I put it in a used water bottle but that's rare. We leave the drinks in the original bottles.

We use to bring alot on board but no so much now. When we have broughten vodka, Jack etc. we acually end up drinking very little of it. I think we like the social reaction at the bars with the barman and passengers and not so much the drinking alone in the cabin. Even when we bring liquor on board our bar bills are still quite high. So we do our share to keep Hal in business.

and none came home. I got carried away (at Total Wines, and come to think about it several times when table mates didn't want wine) and bought six bottles of wine before I got on the Westerdam (March 18 - 25). I also had a couple of ice wines I brought from Canada. For some reason they didn't make it home either. And I agree with a previous post that I think the $18 corkage is fair.

Anyway, this post isn't supposed to be about wine. I also carried on two bottles of tequila (collector items for my brother-in-law, its my story and I am sticking to it), which I had in a plastic bag and told the security and embarkation people about. They glanced and waved me through. I put the bottles in the back of the first closet and did not open them. I admit to being sorely tempted to cracking one open and having a drink or two and seeing what would happen. However, decided to just pay up and have drink specials. Anyone else openly walk on with liquor on HAL?

Archived