CCL ship seized?

bhanback

Maybe I'm missing something but what do the Triumph and this man's death have to do with each other???

Other than the fact that Costa is owned by Carnival.??? What registry is the Triumph? Thought Panamanian or Bahamas?

oh and "that sucks"

Other than the fact that Costa is owned by Carnival.??? What registry is the Triumph? Thought Panamanian or Bahamas?

oh and "that sucks"

I know the correlation of costa and ccl, but is the ship evidence? Why hold a vessel not involved in the accident? What's the reasoning?

The links I posted earlier are in fact for THIS passenger who died, in Italy, and they are in fact filed through Texas. I dont know how it is connected, but it is 100% connected somehow. It can't be a fluke because the papers are definitely filed.

Just read the added info. IF this could possibly have any merit, it doesn't sound like it will actually get seized. Too many things don't add up though...they can't have a "quick hearing" on a Saturday.

I'm cruising on the Triumph April 23rd....I think. :D

Could be someone's bad idea of an April fools released too early,I mentioned this earlier in the thread and was a bit suspicious of the reporters name?

You cant actually arrest a ship,if its property being seized then its not arrested.

Den

More info about the Triumph

Shipyard: Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani, Italy

Inaugural cruise: October 23, 1999

Godmother: Madeleine Arison, Wife of Micky Arison, Carnival Corporation's Chairman.

Country of registry: Bahamas

Cost: $410 million

Cruising speed: 21 knots

Could be someone's bad idea of an April fools released too early,I mentioned this earlier in the thread and was a bit suspicious of the reporters name?

You cant actually arrest a ship,if its property being seized then its not arrested.

Den

If you go to Texas Southern District courts website and search, the case is real. I doubt the court system would get involved in an Aprils Fool joke.

Soooo the judge is holding a Carnival asset hostage for collateral while the case is heard? If so, that is not right. I can't believe they can do that!

Chad

That's how I'm interpreting it, and I agree 100%!!!

Looking at the papers filed, it does seem apparent that this is a personal injury suit, and property can indeed be seized. I think that the port authorities will have a hard time forcing a cruise ship to remain in port with the amount of money being that Carnival Cruise Lines has tied up. The suit lists Carnival PLC the parent company of Carnival Cruise Lines. With that being said, this would mean that any of the hundreds of ships in the Carnival PLC family can be seized. Sounds like a bunch of hot air and a early April 1st joke.

LOL, I was relating this to DBF who says "they don't have to dock!!! Take that ship to Florida!" :P

I know this is a serious issue, but, I wonder how that would work out...cheaper to pay people's airfare than lose a ship?

Looking at the court docs, the case was dismissed on the 28th.

False alarm folks.

It says the suit was filed today, and others have posted links to the suit page. It appears very real...not an April fool's joke.

Where did you see this? I can't see anything on the actual documents.

It's in Pacer - the federal court site where you can see filed docs. I'm a litigation secretary so I have a username/password. If I knew how to upload pics to this site, I'd upload a jpg of the dismissal order. I can email a PDF to someone if they want to upload it.

Archived