Communicating

Hello everyone, I'd like to know if anyone has found a good way to communicate to other members of your party on the ship. These ships are so big now that I find that we have not good way to communicate when we are separated. I have 35 people going on our next cruise and would love to just be able to text someone when I need to communicate. But I know that probably won’t work on the ship at sea. Besides the old walkie/talkie is there anyway anyone has figured out how to contact others while on the ship?

With a group your size, it may prove difficult...walkie talkies were going to be my suggestion, but other than that, Im not sure.

We did a big church group in Sept, and we would all plan on meeting up around the same time before dinner, have pics made, then all go get ice cream as a big group after dinner, but during the day, we did our own thing...no real way to communicate other than go to their room/call their room and see if they were there. Some of us did take walkie talkies, and it worked ok, but only a few of us had them.

There is a board by guest services where notes can be left.

I wonder if you can record a message on your room phone so people calling in can get updated as well as leaving messages. There are house phones all over the ship that can be used to call rooms.

The joy of post it notes to leave notes in the cabin for others to see easily. You could also use a magnetic white board on the door for outside your room.

You can call from cabin to cabin on the phones....and leave messages. We've found the best way is to have "tentative" plans for the day....that way, everyone knows where everyone else is likely to be.

We have "meeting times"...dinner mainly, where we all get together and catch up on everyone elses day and make plans for the next.

You will find that all 35 of you will NOT want to do the same things at the same time....so don't even try to!

Bring two way radios that have multiple channels, since the ship's crew and other passengers will be doing the same thing. Also you want to make sure the radios have good range since the metal of the ship will weaken the signal.

Archived