Tell me about the South American Circle cruise

lhall85917

I see that the January 2013 cruise is already sold out so it is obviously immensely popular. What is it that is so appealing to everyone? It seems to be offered only once a year but I'm sure that it's more than that. If you are booked (or lusting after this itinerary!) please fill me in on what you like the most.

Weare expecting twin grandbabies late this year so we couldn't go in 2013 but I would definitely be interested in this for 2014 - how can you be sure to know when it is available for booking?

I am one of the lucky ones that got a cabin. We booked about the first of June, and were one of the last to book.

For 2014, I believe Princess will open for booking about APril 15.

We booked as three cruises 19/13/17 days. The prices I saw were the same for one 49 day cruise or the sum of the three small ones. But we get a lot more OBC this way. The FCCs, Shareholder and Loyalty are all more.

South America is just gorgeous. We did this cruise a few years ago and it was wonderful. I never thought I would see penquins in their natural habitat but we did - Falkland Islands.

Sailing through the Beagle Channel, the fjiords - just amazing.

Go to the South America boards here on CC - tons of info on what to see and do on this cruise.

I am one of the lucky ones that got a cabin. We booked about the first of June, and were one of the last to book.

For 2014, I believe Princess will open for booking about APril 15.

We booked as three cruises 19/13/17 days. The prices I saw were the same for one 49 day cruise or the sum of the three small ones. But we get a lot more OBC this way. The FCCs, Shareholder and Loyalty are all more.

Hmmm...we will board the Sea Princess on April 15 for 29 days, perhaps I should look into getting the future cruise credit and use it to book this while onboard if it opens up? Will they let you do that and then transfer to our TA when we get back?

Hmmm...we will board the Sea Princess on April 15 for 29 days, perhaps I should look into getting the future cruise credit and use it to book this while onboard if it opens up? Will they let you do that and then transfer to our TA when we get back?

Yes, you can book on board and later transfer the booking to a TA

Just buy multiple FCC's and book it in segments. The onboard cruise consultant will automatically book it with your current TA if you so desire or they will hold it as a Princess booking until you decide what to do with it. Just tell her how to do it.

I usually have 2-3 FCC's available so if I see a cruise I might like to take, I don't have to be concerned about the amount of the deposit. Plus, I get onboard credit when I use an FCC as the deposit for a cruise. It's worth having them available.

I usually have 2-3 FCC's available so if I see a cruise I might like to take, I don't have to be concerned about the amount of the deposit. Plus, I get onboard credit when I use an FCC as the deposit for a cruise. It's worth having them available.

After losing a combined $300 in OBC before learning that it was possible to purchase multiple FCC, I always keep several of them. It helped us with the recent last minute deals for April repo cruises to be able to book quickly & to get more OBC. :D

After losing a combined $300 in OBC before learning that it was possible to purchase multiple FCC, I always keep several of them. It helped us with the recent last minute deals for April repo cruises to be able to book quickly & to get more OBC. :D

Believe it or not, I am actually FCC-less. Bought 6 last month and they're all used up. Hopefully nothing important pops up before I can buy more effective April 15th.

Believe it or not, I am actually FCC-less. Bought 6 last month and they're all used up. Hopefully nothing important pops up before I can buy more effective April 15th.

I know it will be tough, but you will have to struggle thru 2 weeks without booking.

Archived